General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » And He Shall Be Born Again... Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-04-01 9:53 AM

User image

Subject: And He Shall Be Born Again...

Hi!  I started doing Tri-A-Trys last May 2013 after having been a part of Scott Mallory's Y Tri A Try Group last winter. I have also been with the Y Masters swim for two winters. I joined Balance Point with Gabbi Whitlock last spring. I have done three Try A Tris and Lakeside Sprint Tri last September. It was my first year and I lost 40 pounds and love the sport. Alas,  I seperated from my wife last fall and, although I loved both groups, I don't feel comfortable training in the same club as my wife.  I need a new club. I'm looking for open water swim, bike and run group who is also fun and social and supportive.   I am signing on for Woodstock in May but haven't been at the pool for a while. Sherry's London Tri Club is too elite for my me.  I need a club to keep me motivated and I wondered if  anyone was thinking of starting a training group in this area or knows of a great Tri Club  I live in Thamesford, Ontario (20 minutes from East London.); have a new road bike, suit, shoes,etc, I am 50, healthy, and respond well to coaching. I'm good to go. Anyone know of a fun and good group in the general area of Oxford County?   I can provide references from Scott, Gabbi or Shannon. Probably not my wife though.

Regards,

William Reid

[email protected]

2014-04-01 12:32 PM
in reply to: Sweet William

User image

Expert
Broadlands
Subject: RE: And He Shall Be Born Again...

So, first off, welcome to BT!

Secondly, I live nowhere near you so can't recommend any clubs, but your last few words made me laugh so I had to respond!

There's a section at the bottom of the forum page for local groups, you can go into Canadian/Ontario and post in there, you may get some good (more focused) ideas on clubs.

Have fun, enjoy the sport and the community at large.

Cheers!

Dean

2014-04-01 10:31 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Extreme Veteran
Penticton, BC
Subject: RE: And He Shall Be Born Again...
Hi William and welcome to BT. It's a great site for knowledge and inspiration. I usually recommend reading race reports, especially for races in your area. They're really great for interest and inspiration. Then I also recommend joining a mentor group and volunteering to help at any races in your area to meet other people and learn how triathlons work.

I'm not aware of clubs in your area either but you can go to the Ontario forum and ask about clubs there. I would check out Kitchener for Clubs.

Good luck and have fun.

Edited by wenceslasz 2014-04-01 10:36 PM
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » And He Shall Be Born Again... Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Born Again Triathlete

Started by jckinghorn
Views: 777 Posts: 3

2010-09-01 9:53 AM jckinghorn

New Member and Born Again Triathlete

Started by ithicks
Views: 734 Posts: 2

2009-02-15 11:12 PM tri.chic

Born Again Tri Virgin

Started by reddogfive
Views: 871 Posts: 4

2008-09-01 5:09 PM reddogfive

I to am BACK again...

Started by royj
Views: 1074 Posts: 3

2008-08-18 4:34 PM royj

Born Again

Started by molsaver
Views: 709 Posts: 11

2004-11-19 10:08 AM Motivated
RELATED ARTICLES
date : February 28, 2012
author : greggseltzer
comments : 6
Why barefoot running is not suited for the average runner.

date : November 2, 2011
author : AMSSM
comments : 4
A doctor's take on how to safely transition to minimalist shoes and how to treat existing injuries
date : October 4, 2011
author : AMSSM
comments : 8
Sports medicine doc weighs in on the pros and cons of barefoot running

date : May 5, 2008
author : TriPainter
comments : 1
I went into the pool area (as this was a pool swim) and got body marked. That's when it hit me that I was there to race - this was not a clinic.