BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatee Mentors 2014 CLOSED Thread 2 Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 49

2014-05-19 10:11 PM
in reply to: #4975867

User image

Denver, CO
Subject: RE: Manatee Mentors 2014 CLOSED Thread 2
Jonathan TX, I actually kinda like the new sticker. It's maybe more recognizable for people not in the know.

Jonathan Jalalabad, very cool accomplishment! With your determination and commitment, I have no doubt you'll make it down to 7 mpm.

Matt, how the heck did you not crash?! Glad you didn't and that your LBS is taking care of it for you. Whew!

TJ, I'm sure you'll be matching RH stride for stride (at least walking around after the race ;-))

Last but not least, Salty, hope your operation went off without a hitch and that you'll be sitting comfortably again soon!!

2014-05-20 6:31 AM
in reply to: laffinrock

User image

Veteran
Dayton

AHAHAHAHAHAHA!

So I'm listening to IM Talk this morning, and it's like they introed a new segment: The Stalker's Update.  There can only be one Jo Baxas.

2014-05-20 6:32 AM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Veteran
Dayton

Originally posted by amd723

Originally posted by JJ- IRONMAN doesn't sell the 140.6 sticker anymore. This is the new sticker. At first I didn't like it but it's growing on me now Edit: I just ordered a regular 140.6 from cafe press. Now I gotta decide what to do.

I think I prefer the standard 140.6.  For whatever that's worth!

You can get a 140.6 sticker off of Amazon!  I'm sure there are other places, too.

2014-05-20 9:02 AM
in reply to: mcmanusclan5

User image

Pennsylvania

Originally posted by mcmanusclan5

Originally posted by Richardsdrr
Originally posted by brigby1

Originally posted by Richardsdrr
Originally posted by JJ- Ok guys now here is the question Mdot Sticker or 140.6 sticker for my truck???????
140, I heard the course was short this year

Meaning less so than all the Euro courses?

Oooosssshhhh, that hurt

Ha! Awesome…  

I'd vote 140.6.  Lotta ground to have covered!

Side note: had my aero bar shear off my cockpit on a ride yesterday at ~35mph.  Interesting, to say the least.  No wreckage, thankfully, and my LBS is fixing it up and will have it back (and tuned up, even!) by Thursday!  FastSplits (said LBS) just ROCKS!  On my roadie tomorrow and Wednesday, so my neck will at least be happy.  

And now back to your regularly scheduled programming...

Matt

That is super scary.  Any indication why it suddenly failed?  Truly incredible you didn't crash - superior bike skillz!

2014-05-20 9:12 AM
in reply to: rrrunner

User image

Master
Orlando
Originally posted by rrrunnerLooks like in racing Ryan Hall on Monday ??
That race sounds really cool, I'm jealous! BTW, you will also be running with Raymond Randall. He's only famous because he can put up with running with me
2014-05-20 9:30 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by JJ- IRONMAN doesn't sell the 140.6 sticker anymore. This is the new sticker. At first I didn't like it but it's growing on me now Edit: I just ordered a regular 140.6 from cafe press. Now I gotta decide what to do.

That's what I have.  140.6 magnet on one side and 26.2 on the other.

2014-05-20 9:31 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by rrrunner Looks like in racing Ryan Hall on Monday ??

Don't worry, TJ, you can take him!

2014-05-20 11:23 AM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

That race sounds really cool, I'm jealous! BTW, you will also be running with Raymond Randall. He's only famous because he can put up with running with me

Do you know his corral?

2014-05-20 11:27 AM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Originally posted by jmkizer

Take him for a beer with us after?

Anyone streaking?

2014-05-20 11:43 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by rrrunner

Do you know his corral?

No.  I just know he and another of our runners are out there and will be having a blast and I'm jealous!!

2014-05-20 11:46 AM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Originally posted by cdban66

Originally posted by mcmanusclan5

Hey Manatees, anyone know what the tri scene is like in Austin, TX?

Thanks for any experience/input...

Matt

No help from me Matt. I have an ex-employee there, but she is into horses, not tri's. Why are you asking? Is there a possible move in your future? I'm not sure Austin can handle you and Monica 

Sadly, I'm not any help (yet) either, but here's what I was looking at... 

Tris in Texas

there are quite a few in Austin, and in the surrounding area.  And friends of our do everything from X-Terra races, bike races, cyclo-cross, swimming, pure running, and SUP races.  There's a TON to do!   

2014-05-20 11:47 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by rrrunner

Take him for a beer with us after?

Anyone streaking?

That's nice of you.  I think he and the group he's hanging with are probably set though.

I wish I hadn't clicked on your streaking link as the streaking I thought of when seeing it is much more exciting!

2014-05-20 11:49 AM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Man, I didn't know WTC didn't do just the 140.6 sticker anymore... looks like I'll be ordering one!  Or a magnet... or something else that would be small enough to pack that won't take up any space at all for moving...   

I have no idea if this is weird or not, but I don't consider myself to be a person that has done a marathon... I've never done a stand-alone, the only 2 I've done have been at the end of IM distance races!  

2014-05-20 11:59 AM
in reply to: blueyedbikergirl

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by blueyedbikergirl

Man, I didn't know WTC didn't do just the 140.6 sticker anymore... looks like I'll be ordering one!  Or a magnet... or something else that would be small enough to pack that won't take up any space at all for moving...   

I have no idea if this is weird or not, but I don't consider myself to be a person that has done a marathon... I've never done a stand-alone, the only 2 I've done have been at the end of IM distance races!  

I don't know if that's weird or not either, but I was having a similar  question about how to count how many half marathons I've done; do I count the ones in HIMs or not? I decided not.

2014-05-20 12:09 PM

User image

Veteran
East Texas

I am going to do my first open marathon in December or January
2014-05-20 1:49 PM
in reply to: JJ-

User image

Pennsylvania

Race report is up, and in less than a week! It gets a bit long-winded, sorry.

2014-05-20 2:01 PM

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Originally posted by JJ-

Nice!  

Also kinda weird is that I have no desire to do a stand-alone marathon, but somehow doing one at the end of an IM race is okay?  I'm clearly not quite right in the head.  

2014-05-20 2:02 PM
in reply to: melbo55

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Originally posted by melbo55

Race report is up, and in less than a week! It gets a bit long-winded, sorry.

Off to go read it now!   

2014-05-20 2:06 PM

User image

Veteran
East Texas

Originally posted by JJ-

Nice!  

Also kinda weird is that I have no desire to do a stand-alone marathon, but somehow doing one at the end of an IM race is okay?  I'm clearly not quite right in the head.  

My Ironman Marathon was just pure survival mode due to the dehydration and stomach problems on the bike. I would like to race a marathon to see what I am capable of
2014-05-20 2:23 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by JJ-

Nice!  

I think that is a fair assessment I stopped running marathons a few years ago. Every once in a while I think I'd like to run one, but then I realize that I really don't! HMs just seem so much more reasonable.
2014-05-20 2:49 PM
in reply to: 0

Master
Northern IL

Originally posted by JJ-

Nice!  

I think that is a fair assessment I stopped running marathons a few years ago. Every once in a while I think I'd like to run one, but then I realize that I really don't! HMs just seem so much more reasonable.

Don't think I'm likely to do a larger stand-alone run any time soon, but it might be possible as part of a larger event. And that goes into my event selection process of making it really interesting. I don't want to just go a long distance, but rather to cover a lot of interesting terrain. For a full distance event, it would have to be something like Tahoe or one of the western Canada events. The others in NA just don't seem to have enough appeal to consider.

Might not entirely make sense, but may go along with what Monica is thinking. There are some stand-alone runs (probably more than "some", actually) that would fit this, but I don't really want to lessen the swimming and biking enough to make running a major focus right now. I have been able to do enough run training to get through one in the past, but this would be a big event. And I guess I'm still at a point where I want the bigger events for the year to include what I've been doing for most of my training. I'm rather active in them because I like them quite a bit, so also tend to look for opportunities to test this.

Seems like it's always for the marathon too. How often does anyone else here adjust their training for a longer stand-alone swim or bike? Say something near IM split size. Not as a big training ride like some of the things I've done, but with training adjusted as that event as the focus such as a marathon would be?

Edited by brigby1 2014-05-20 3:01 PM

2014-05-20 3:16 PM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Originally posted by JJ-

Nice!  

I've never done a full marathon. DS2 and I have talked about trying to BQ for 2016 which means I'll probably have to back off s/b if I'm going to have any chance at doing it.

2014-05-20 5:48 PM

User image

Master

Spent most of yesterday shopping for a new washer...in stores and online.  After ten years, our wedding present washer chose to die, or at least make it monetarily inefficient to fix. That meant this morning was spent at the Laundromat.

However, tomorrow...? I have a new washer being delivered AND my new Cascadias should arrive. Woot!

So, what's new in ManateeLand?

2014-05-20 6:09 PM

User image

Master

I wouldn't buy this one...they spelled effort incorrectly

2014-05-20 6:14 PM

User image

Master

Originally posted by JJ- Hey guys! Had so much fun yesterday. Had a very difficult day on the bike which made for a tough marathon but I did it and still beat my goal of 15 hours so it was a great day. So much fun. Details later. Right now just trying to figure out how to walk

How's the walking going?

Congrats on this awesome accomplishment!

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatee Mentors 2014 CLOSED Thread 2 Rss Feed  

of 49

RELATED POSTS

Manatee Mentors 2014--CLOSED (begging & bribes MAY work) Pages: 1 ... 100 101 102 103

Started by IndoIronYanti
Views: 63089 Posts: 2563

2014-04-03 7:43 AM IndoIronYanti

New Year 2014 Mentor Program is OPEN! Instructions Inside

Started by Ron
Views: 2977 Posts: 20

2014-03-26 2:43 PM simoneocean

Scott and Kelly's Mentor Group- Closed Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29

Started by uhcoog
Views: 27058 Posts: 719

2014-05-18 9:18 PM kathleenkp

2014 Rookies - CLOSED Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16

Started by Jason N
Views: 15938 Posts: 376

2014-04-28 2:54 PM Danmartinids

Power Mentor Group with Shane & Marc - Closed. Pages: 1 ... 70 71 72 73

Started by marcag
Views: 98370 Posts: 1816

2014-06-10 2:42 PM cdkayak
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 1, 2015
author : Team BT
comments : 2
Are you new? Are you starting to train for your first race in 2015? Join a mentor group to get all of your questions answered.

date : January 29, 2013
author : Scott Tinley
comments : 0
There are races to prepare for and health to be found and a lot of adventure and release to be sought in the oceans of the world.
date : February 6, 2010
author : EndurancePlanet
Coming off of a tibial stress fracture in 2000, stevebradley made his way into triathlon. Now he has over 60 triathlons completed and is one of the most active mentor groups on BT.

date : July 15, 2009
author : EndurancePlanet
Not only is he a great athlete, he is a great mentor. I have been in his mentor group for the last two rounds and he inspires and encourages our entire group daily.
date : April 23, 2009
author : Team BT
comments : 1
The closed fist drill will ensure that you are pulling with your entire hand and forearm.

date : February 19, 2007
author : Terese Luikens
Find a mentor. Make a list of at least three people that you could approach for help, list your specific needs and then be courageous enough to begin asking.