General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Excited Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-04-05 10:19 PM

Subject: Excited
I plan on doing my first tri in September and I'm so excited. I begin training this Monday and I'm okay with the running and cycling training, it's the swimming where I have an issue. I know how to swim but is it important that I get professional lessons right away on technique?

I have all my equipment and I'm ready to train but I've noticed that many triathlete shave should I start preparing for that?

Lastly, I have my speedo and I'm trying to get use to being that exposed. I know it's the attire but is there a tip to get over the exposer and wear the speedo proudly like all the other triathletes?

2014-04-06 4:31 PM
in reply to: timothycanty

User image

Subject: RE: Excited
I'd say get in a pool and just start swimming. Of course it partially depends on how much experience you have had in the past. It definitely helps and is a good idea to take some lessons or join a masters group. Technique is very important with swimming and can make it much more enjoyable, efficiency is key! As far as the speedo, its not necessary in training and I'm not sure if you are talking about the knee length or the brief. Most guys wear the knee length speedos. And as far as shaving you definetely don't need to do that. I guess some of the pros probably do it for swim and bike AERO but it will have no affect on your time. lol Good Luck on your training!
2014-04-07 1:10 PM

User image

Do you know someone who is a decent swimmer? Have them check out your form and get some tips. If you start with bad form, you will see much slower progress in your swim.

As for speedos, I wear the knee length jammers. They are much more comfortable.

Best of luck to you in your training.
2014-04-07 10:36 PM

User image

Veteran
Great White North
Dont worry about shaving for now. Get some help with swimming.
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Excited Rss Feed