Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Game of Thrones Season Four (TV Show Only-- no book spoilers, please!) Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 6

2014-06-12 6:53 PM
in reply to: jmk-brooklyn

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ballston Spa, NY
Subject: RE: Game of Thrones Season Four (TV Show Only-- no book spoilers, please!)
Originally posted by jmk-brooklyn

Originally posted by TriathletePT

Without giving any spoilers, I'm curious as to how people who have read the books feel about the show. Knowing what is supposed to happen takes away all of the suspense about who lives and dies for me. I find myself slightly underwhelmed after most episodes because a scene I imagined in the book was better or more descriptive/expansive than it was in the show.

I guess that's pretty normal for book/movie type stuff, but I was wondering how that was split up here.

With all due respect, I think it would be better to keep this discussion in the book thread. It's really hard to talk about book/tv show comparisons without spoiling some aspect of the show for the people who haven't read the books.

x2....again.

There is a thread to talk about the books.

2014-06-16 4:35 AM
in reply to: cornick

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY
Subject: RE: Game of Thrones Season Four (TV Show Only-- no book spoilers, please!)
Happy Fathers Day, Tywin.
2014-06-16 9:35 AM

User image

Deep in the Heart of Texas

I thought it was a decent season finale, but my wife was not too impressed.  King's Landing isn't left with much at this point - incestual siblings and their false king. 

2014-06-16 10:39 AM
in reply to: Hook'em

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ballston Spa, NY
Ok, didn't see that coming. I wasn't sure what to expect but not that.

I'm curious about the Hound. He didn't die on camera so you can't count him out in my eyes but they were a long ways away from any sort of life and he got messed up pretty badly.
2014-06-16 10:42 AM

User image

Champion
Chicago, Illinois
Tyrion I am sure willl rightfully so get blamed for Tywin's death but I wonder if Cersi might instead. Since her fathers death gets what she wants. No longer has to get married. Plus people know how much she hated Shay.

It also might make Tywin look like the mastermind in Joeffeys death and whoever killed them was with him. It might make Tyrion more guilty but maybe not since if Tywin was in the the murder it would show that Tyrion was being framed.
2014-06-16 10:45 AM
in reply to: Hook'em

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY
Originally posted by Hook'em

I thought it was a decent season finale, but my wife was not too impressed.  King's Landing isn't left with much at this point - incestual siblings and their false king. 

That's true. Questions that I think it raises are, does this mean that Cersei has more power now, or less? She was so dead-set on preventing Tommen's wedding to Margery, I wonder if this makes it easier or harder for her to prevent it.

And who becomes the new Hand of the King? It would have to be someone Cersei approved of, and there aren't many of those. Jamie?

Sorry to see the end of the Hound. He was going to go eventually, but I was just starting to like him. I'm a little surprised that they never figured out that Sansa was at the Aerie. They just showed up, learned the Aunt was dead, and left? Where were they headed? I suppose Brienne makes it to the Aerie and tells Sansa that Arya's alive. Too bad Brienne didn't remember to mention Hot Pie to Arya-- that might have led Arya to trust her.

Is the Mountain going to survive? The line about him "being changed" sounds ominous.

Stannis and the Wildlings is an interesting alliance. Curious to see where that goes. Was there anything to foreshadow that? It came out of nowhere for me.

For Dany's dragons, surely there's a happy medium between a) allowing them to roam free, barbecuing sheep and small children at will and b) chaining them up in a dark catacomb?

2014-06-16 6:09 PM

User image

Sensei
Sin City

Not sure the hound is dead.   But I'm guessing he is - he was growing on me a little.

The mountain is going to be some kind of zombie thing, I suppose.

I had NO clue that it was Stannis to the rescue.  Interesting twist.

Sad to see Tywin go too.  Love to hate and all that.

Aria FINALLY used her coin (I guess is was the first chance she got). I wonder who that guy was who gave it to her.  It held some serious value.  Private quarters and all that.  Prince, or magical leader?  If so, how did he get caught in some cage to be taken to the wall?

I like Shay at first.  I thought that she might have been forced to give her testimony.  I guess not - so I guess she got what she had coming.

No progress on the white walkers.

I'll give the season a B to B-.  It was good but seemed a bit like filler - seems like we have to wait for another year to finally get somewhere.  Maybe just my take.

2014-06-20 8:36 AM

User image

Pearland,Tx
just watched the series and finished i also read the book( not to be discussed) ..... All i can say is well done!!!! I am very positive the next series is heading straight to Dance of Dragons........ I know the director/writer have his own ideas to make the series more interesting . I was hoping Oberyn lived,Jojeen Reed lived what if theres a truce between Mance and the Black. .... Wildlings and Men in Black fighting the u dead and whitewalkers.
New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Game of Thrones Season Four (TV Show Only-- no book spoilers, please!) Rss Feed  

of 6

RELATED POSTS

Game of Thrones - BOOKS Discussion (Spoilers) Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9

Started by KSH
Views: 15150 Posts: 214

2014-06-20 9:32 PM strykergt

Game of Thrones Third Season (spoilers) Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7

Started by BellinghamSpence
Views: 13045 Posts: 153

2014-05-28 12:47 PM tuwood

Game of Thrones: Season 2 Pages: 1 2 3 4

Started by Big Appa
Views: 7441 Posts: 78

2012-09-25 9:01 PM GomesBolt

Game of Thrones: Season 2.

Started by Big Appa
Views: 489 Posts: 1

2012-04-02 7:40 AM Big Appa

Game of Thrones: Season 2.

Started by Big Appa
Views: 414 Posts: 1

2012-04-02 7:39 AM Big Appa
RELATED ARTICLES
date : September 16, 2010
author : LifterCatcher
comments : 3
As the fog cleared, the buoy that I first saw earlier in the morning was just the first marker in a very long line of buoys that stretched across the lake like a runway for a 747 jetliner.