Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Game of Thrones Season Four (TV Show Only-- no book spoilers, please!) Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 6

2014-04-21 3:55 PM
in reply to: wingsfan

User image

Champion
Dallas, TX
Subject: RE: Game of Thrones Season Four (TV Show Only-- no book spoilers, please!)

Originally posted by wingsfan

Originally posted by eabeam Saw it a second time. One character openly talked about "Who would kill someone at a wedding? How tacky!" or something to that effect.

You notice anything else she did?

Went back and watched it slowly... I saw where someone takes something off someone's neck... wait... are we allowed to talk about what happened on the show? I'm not sure what I'm allowed to say. 

Anyway's... I watched where something was removed from someone's neck, but I didn't see how it got into the cup to kill Joffery! 

2014-04-21 4:03 PM
in reply to: KSH

User image

Subject: RE: Game of Thrones Season Four (TV Show Only-- no book spoilers, please!)

I think if it's on the show you can talk about it.

Last night... after the first two episodes, this one was filler for the most part.  Except for Sansa got on the boat.....

2014-04-22 12:05 PM
in reply to: ChrisM

User image

Champion
Dallas, TX

Originally posted by ChrisM

I think if it's on the show you can talk about it.

Last night... after the first two episodes, this one was filler for the most part.  Except for Sansa got on the boat.....

Yes... but I think what I'm bringing up, might be because of what I know from the book. 

2014-04-23 11:06 AM

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY
Tywin moved on to Tommen pretty quickly, didn't he? Joffrey's corpse wasn't even cold yet, and Tywin has already begun pulling the strings on his latest grandson/King. Maybe Tywin killed Joffrey. I wouldn't put it past him-- he could never have hoped to contain Joffrey for much longer, and Joffrey's erratic and violent behavior would throw into chaos all of his carefully orchestrated plans for uniting the world under Lannister control. He's awfully eager to see Tyrion's head on a spike. Maybe because he knows that Tyrion's the only one smart enough to solve the mystery of Joffrey's murder?

I would have thought the murderer was Margery, and maybe it is, but I guess I didn't fully understand that she doesn't retain control after Joffrey's death-- that the crown goes to the next Baratheon son. So she gets to be the new Queen Regent, which seems to mean that you get unlimited wine and not much else, so I'm not sure it makes sense for her to have killed Joffrey. As little as he cared for/about her, she seemed to have been able to manage him ok, at least for the moment.

Or maybe it's been Littlefinger pulling the strings as always all along. He might turn out to be the most powerful person in Westeros, even more so than Tywin. At least until those dragons get a little bigger.

2014-04-23 12:00 PM
in reply to: jmk-brooklyn

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland

they didn't have the bedding ceremony so the marriage wasn't really official. Therefore it passed to the next baratheon heir.

2014-04-23 1:27 PM
in reply to: dmiller5

User image

Sensei
Sin City

Well, my theory that the embarrassed knight did it may have fallen short.  OR, he could have done it for Littlefinger as a pawn.

I think it's very curious how he just happened to have all this escape/kidnapping thing figured out ahead of time.

I really wouldn't put it past Tywin, to be honest.  He never seemed to like Joffrey.  He is ruthless and would do anything for money/power and is now grooming the next in line.  A Tywin and Little finger conspiracy?  Interesting.

I'm sure it's the point - but I like the Hound a lot now.  I never disliked him.  He always seemed like the "cool" bad guy.  He's so.... WRONG... but I keep wanting to watch his story and he makes me laugh all the time.  Robbing the old guy and his daughter seemed shady, but can't stop finding him interesting to follow.

2014-04-23 2:02 PM

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY
Originally posted by dmiller5

they didn't have the bedding ceremony so the marriage wasn't really official. Therefore it passed to the next baratheon heir.

Ok. So, then, what title, if any, does Margery hold now? Can she be the Queen Regent if she was never oficially Queen?
2014-04-23 3:32 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland

Originally posted by jmk-brooklyn

Ok. So, then, what title, if any, does Margery hold now? Can she be the Queen Regent if she was never oficially Queen?

She holds the title. Ms. Hottest person in the show at the moment.  She will marry Tommen and become queen as alluded to by her grandmother.

Edited by dmiller5 2014-04-23 3:32 PM
2014-04-23 3:56 PM

User image

Sensei
Sin City

Originally posted by jmk-brooklyn

She holds the title. Ms. Hottest person in the show at the moment.  She will marry Tommen and become queen as alluded to by her grandmother.

Except for the whole smile and talk out of the one side of her mouth thing.  Man, that's annoying.

2014-04-23 4:11 PM
in reply to: Kido

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY
By the way, did anyone notice that they replaced the actor playing Daario Naharis from last season to this one? I read that they've also replaced the actor playing the Mountain, and the kid playing Tommen is a different actor than who had played him up to this season.
2014-04-25 1:16 PM
in reply to: jmk-brooklyn

User image

Sensei
Sin City

Originally posted by jmk-brooklyn By the way, did anyone notice that they replaced the actor playing Daario Naharis from last season to this one? I read that they've also replaced the actor playing the Mountain, and the kid playing Tommen is a different actor than who had played him up to this season.

I noticed the first in episode 1 or 2 of this season and asked "who is that guy" and had to piece it together and make that conclusion.  I noticed Tommen was different but assumed it was age related - but age didn't impact anyone else that much!  (However, don't get me started how old Bran looks now since season 1).

Too bad they are replacing the mountain - but he didn't have that big of a role, so it may got over smooth enough.  They got some guy that was in Banshee to play a wildling leader.  He is a tough looking dude.  He may have made his appearance already (the guy eating the human leg over the fire pit?) but I didn't recognized him from the other show.

2014-04-25 2:49 PM

User image

There was another "bedding ceremony" in the chapel that Joffrey was sort of part of.

That was an incredible uncomfortable scene!

2014-04-28 9:03 AM
in reply to: Goggles Pizzano

User image

Champion
Dallas, TX

Admittedly, I had been drinking wine by the pool for a few hours before I watched last night's episode, but did ANYTHING happen? I felt like nothing really happened. I'm also confused about the baby scene. Honestly the story line with Gilly and her baby isn't following the book anymore, so I don't know what is going on there. 

2014-04-28 9:10 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Vine Grove, KY
We need a thread about confusion between the book and the show. I can't remember, but in the book did the stuff with Bran, Hodor, and Green's happen? I can't remember them getting captured by the traitors from the Nights Watch.
2014-04-28 9:11 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Vine Grove, KY
DP

Edited by TriathletePT 2014-04-28 9:11 AM
2014-04-28 12:32 PM
in reply to: TriathletePT

User image

Originally posted by TriathletePT We need a thread about confusion between the book and the show. I can't remember, but in the book did the stuff with Bran, Hodor, and Green's happen? I can't remember them getting captured by the traitors from the Nights Watch.

It's been so long since I read the books, I've no idea what was in there or not, or when anything happened.   Just kinda along for the ride at this point

As to last night, again a lot of filler it seems, although they made more clear who did (or ordered) the Joffrey deed

2014-04-28 1:38 PM
in reply to: TriathletePT

User image

One of my coworkers is reading the books and he also thought it was not in there but he wasn't 100%

I thought last night was a little slow but the ending with the white walkers was interesting.

2014-04-29 2:11 PM
in reply to: Goggles Pizzano

User image

Extreme Veteran
Media, PA
I have zero reference to the books, so no confusion there...

It is still a bit bewildering with all the convoluted stories, I've found the Wikia site helps fill in the blanks, but it can also present some spoilers if you're not careful.

Talking with a friend at work who has to binge the show (no HBO, streams it when a friend comes over). We're trying to figure out the mechanism for the poison;

1. Wine / poison in the cup is the first, most obvious. I went back to watch the sequence, nothing really seemed to appear. Sansa and Margery didn't seem to consciously know they were doing anything, nor Tyrion. Were there others drinking from the wine carafe?
2. Pie? They seemed to show the dead doves after Joffrey hit the cake a little long, was that a clue? Did a dove nibble on some bad pie? No one else seemed to eat any pie.
3. Littlefinger/necklace thing. I think I need to study that some more.
2014-04-29 3:08 PM
in reply to: tcj103

User image

Regular
Chicago

Originally posted by tcj103 I have zero reference to the books, so no confusion there... It is still a bit bewildering with all the convoluted stories, I've found the Wikia site helps fill in the blanks, but it can also present some spoilers if you're not careful. Talking with a friend at work who has to binge the show (no HBO, streams it when a friend comes over). We're trying to figure out the mechanism for the poison; 1. Wine / poison in the cup is the first, most obvious. I went back to watch the sequence, nothing really seemed to appear. Sansa and Margery didn't seem to consciously know they were doing anything, nor Tyrion. Were there others drinking from the wine carafe? 2. Pie? They seemed to show the dead doves after Joffrey hit the cake a little long, was that a clue? Did a dove nibble on some bad pie? No one else seemed to eat any pie. 3. Littlefinger/necklace thing. I think I need to study that some more.

Kotaku has a bunch of gifs that explain how it happened:

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2014/04/the-big-thing-you-mightve-missed-in-last-nights-game-of-thrones/

2014-04-30 10:11 AM

User image

Sensei
Sin City

I'm not sure what I am expecting, but to me, the first few episodes seem a little sluggish.  Other than the wedding and a tidbit of a teaser here or there (like the "making" of the white walker)...  I'm waiting for it to really get going.  Sort of setting a lot of stuff up I suppose?  Maybe all the seasons went at this pace, but I keep waiting for it to take off....

I GUESS they told us who killed Joffry.  But honestly, I'm skeptical.  More strongly eluded to.  Under the old lady's command (and maybe hired littlefinger's help) had the night give Sansa a cheap necklace with one jewel made out of poison.  The stone got dropped into the wine...  I'm still not sure how it got from necklace to wine.  There is someone else involved.

I like watching Jamie's change.  From an awful guy in season one, to someone I like.  Protecting Sansa and the relationship with Tyrion.  Maybe renewing his knights honor and following through on his oaths...

Edited by Kido 2014-04-30 10:22 AM
2014-04-30 10:38 AM
in reply to: Kido

User image

Champion
Dallas, TX

Originally posted by Kido

I'm not sure what I am expecting, but to me, the first few episodes seem a little sluggish.  Other than the wedding and a tidbit of a teaser here or there (like the "making" of the white walker)...  I'm waiting for it to really get going.  Sort of setting a lot of stuff up I suppose?  Maybe all the seasons went at this pace, but I keep waiting for it to take off....

I GUESS they told us who killed Joffry.  But honestly, I'm skeptical.  More strongly eluded to.  Under the old lady's command (and maybe hired littlefinger's help) had the night give Sansa a cheap necklace with one jewel made out of poison.  The stone got dropped into the wine...  I'm still not sure how it got from necklace to wine.  There is someone else involved.

I like watching Jamie's change.  From an awful guy in season one, to someone I like.  Protecting Sansa and the relationship with Tyrion.  Maybe renewing his knights honor and following through on his oaths...

I went back and watched the episode and that scene over a few times, but they never show the jewel going from the grandmother's hand into the cup. Obviously it had to happen after it fell on the ground and Sansa picked it up and it was refilled. I talked about it with my coworkers and the speculation is that when Margery puts the cup on the table behind her, while he is eating (cutting?) the pie, that is when the grandmother put the jewel into the cup. BUT they never SHOW it happening. 

2014-04-30 3:45 PM

User image

Sensei
Sin City

I think I may go back to the books.  I can't wait for HBO to tell me what's happening!  I'll just go find out for myself (I'll keep the spoilers to myself, though).

2014-04-30 6:02 PM

User image

Champion
Bellingham, Washington
Bran and his party?

No they weren't caught by Karl and his mutineers. So not sure where that story line is going.

Edited by BellinghamSpence 2014-04-30 6:03 PM
2014-04-30 9:04 PM
in reply to: BellinghamSpence

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ballston Spa, NY
Is Jamie developing a soul?! I like the changes in him!
2014-05-01 8:22 AM
in reply to: cornick

User image

Champion
Dallas, TX

Originally posted by cornick Is Jamie developing a soul?! I like the changes in him!

Yes, he is.  

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Game of Thrones Season Four (TV Show Only-- no book spoilers, please!) Rss Feed  

of 6

RELATED POSTS

Game of Thrones - BOOKS Discussion (Spoilers) Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9

Started by KSH
Views: 15184 Posts: 214

2014-06-20 9:32 PM strykergt

Game of Thrones Third Season (spoilers) Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7

Started by BellinghamSpence
Views: 13061 Posts: 153

2014-05-28 12:47 PM tuwood

Game of Thrones: Season 2 Pages: 1 2 3 4

Started by Big Appa
Views: 7451 Posts: 78

2012-09-25 9:01 PM GomesBolt

Game of Thrones: Season 2.

Started by Big Appa
Views: 489 Posts: 1

2012-04-02 7:40 AM Big Appa

Game of Thrones: Season 2.

Started by Big Appa
Views: 416 Posts: 1

2012-04-02 7:39 AM Big Appa
RELATED ARTICLES
date : September 16, 2010
author : LifterCatcher
comments : 3
As the fog cleared, the buoy that I first saw earlier in the morning was just the first marker in a very long line of buoys that stretched across the lake like a runway for a 747 jetliner.