Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Game of Thrones Season Four (TV Show Only-- no book spoilers, please!) Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 6

2014-06-03 11:10 AM
in reply to: Kido

User image

Sensei
Sin City
Subject: RE: Game of Thrones Season Four (TV Show Only-- no book spoilers, please!)

They didn't do much about the White Walkers this season.  Fair enough, there is a LOT going on.  But still...

Oh, and BTW, Ygrette (Rose Leslie) is easy on the eyes, but it's hard to watch her slaughter people so nonchalantly (even if she let little Sam and his mom go)...

2014-06-03 11:33 AM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE
Subject: RE: Game of Thrones Season Four (TV Show Only-- no book spoilers, please!)

Originally posted by Kido

They didn't do much about the White Walkers this season.  Fair enough, there is a LOT going on.  But still...

Oh, and BTW, Ygrette (Rose Leslie) is easy on the eyes, but it's hard to watch her slaughter people so nonchalantly (even if she let little Sam and his mom go)...

Agree on Ygrette, I'm in love (please don't tell my wife).  

2014-06-03 12:00 PM
in reply to: tuwood

User image

Sensei
Sin City

Originally posted by tuwood

Oh yeah.  And Deborah Ann Woll from True Blood and Angie Everheart from days past.

A possible trend?

2014-06-03 12:50 PM

User image

Sensei
Sin City

Well, Prince Oberyn Martell DID want the Mountain to confess so.....   A win?

2014-06-04 10:33 AM

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY
BTW, side note: I read yesterday that the actress who plays Brienne is signed on for the Star Wars Episode VII movie. Not sure who she'll play. Not Yoda, I'm guessing.
2014-06-06 1:45 PM
in reply to: jmk-brooklyn

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Just saw this

Oberyn vs Mountain (The Denial Version)

Much better ending.. lol

2014-06-06 1:52 PM

User image

Champion
Chicago, Illinois

Just saw this

Much better ending.. lol

I had to see what all the fuss was about.

I have this on my FB.

http://sd.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/i/if-tyrion-dies-we-riot.png

Though does not look good but hey he has cunning and small. It would be pretty cool if his small size got him his freedom. I still think it would been better if Jamie fought for Tyrion. I bet Tywin would have drugged the mountain just to be safe.
2014-06-06 1:57 PM
in reply to: chirunner134

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by chirunner134

Just saw this

Much better ending.. lol

I had to see what all the fuss was about. I have this on my FB. http://sd.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/i/if-tyrion-dies-we-riot.pngThough does not look good but hey he has cunning and small. It would be pretty cool if his small size got him his freedom. I still think it would been better if Jamie fought for Tyrion. I bet Tywin would have drugged the mountain just to be safe.

lol, yeah he's truly my favorite character on the show.  I would truly hate to see him go.

However, as I stated above I don't feel that anyone is safe so I'm truly on the edge of my seat.  He has to figure out a way to get out of it.  

Come on Jamie, do something for your brother and smuggle him out.  

2014-06-09 11:53 AM

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY

Sorry, man....
2014-06-09 11:56 AM

User image

Champion
Dallas, TX

Last nights episode was... eh... OK. Not great. If you like fighting, blood and gore, it was great. Otherwise, I felt like the story line wasn't really advanced much. I was hoping some other more exciting things would happen, but they didn't.  

2014-06-09 12:37 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Sorry for your loss!

Dammit, just saw someone beat me to this.

Edited by Goggles Pizzano 2014-06-09 12:38 PM

2014-06-09 1:01 PM

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY
A young child (Olly) avenges the brutal killing of his father by killing his father's murderer with a perfectly aimed arrow through the heart, and every male viewer of GOT, goes, "Noooooooo!!!!!". Oh well. At least she won't get John beheaded.

Great episode. It's nice when they actually throw some money for CGI and extras around. There have been a few too many, "Danerys approaches the city and threatens the rulers, yadda, yadda, yadda, and now everyone's dead and she's in charge ."

So, with next Sunday being the season finale, which of the following questions will be answered, and which will be left as cliffhangers for next season:

Does John Snow meet/kill/get killed by Mance?
Will anyone at the Wall find out about Gilly and, under the circumstances, will anyone care?
Will Tyrion be executed, and, if not, how does he get out of it?
Will the Stark girls finally meet?
Will Brienne reach the Aerie? Does she deliver Hot Pie's cookie to Arya, or does Podrick eat it first?
Will we ever see the bottom of Cersei's wine glass?
What becomes of the Hound after he reunites the Stark girls?
Is the Mountain alive?

2014-06-09 1:41 PM

User image

Does John Snow meet/kill/get killed by Mance?    Meet, not killed by Mance
Will anyone at the Wall find
out about Gilly and, under the circumstances, will anyone care?   Yes and No
Will Tyrion
be executed, and, if not, how does he get out of it?   Escapes with help from the King Slayer
Will the Stark girls
finally meet?   Yes
Will Brienne reach the Aerie? Does she deliver Hot Pie's  Not this season
cookie to Arya, or does Podrick eat it first?
Will we ever see the bottom of
Cersei's wine glass?   Never
What becomes of the Hound after he reunites the Stark
girls?  He gets drunk on wine
Is the Mountain alive?  No

I'll probably get one of those right.

2014-06-09 1:48 PM
in reply to: Goggles Pizzano

User image

Champion
Dallas, TX

Someone posted this on my GOT FB group... it's got strong language (you have been warned), but it's pretty funny. 

Guy Goes Crazy After Last GOT Episode

2014-06-09 6:03 PM
in reply to: Goggles Pizzano

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY
I've lost track of time in the show. How long has it been since the Stark girls have seen each other?
2014-06-10 8:08 AM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by jmk-brooklyn

Sorry, man....

I so fell for the story of Ygrette and John that I started reading various "spoilers" after last season.  I unfortunately found one that mentioned she died in the book, which left me crying in the middle of my living room.

I didn't know when or how, but I had been preparing for her to die at some point this season.  It still pains me, but I must go on.  For Ygrette, you know.  :-(

2014-06-10 8:48 AM

User image

Deep in the Heart of Texas

Originally posted by jmk-brooklyn I've lost track of time in the show. How long has it been since the Stark girls have seen each other?

It's a little difficult to track time on GoT - as near as I remember, winter has been coming since the first episode.  Based upon all of the story lines (battles, journeys, expeditions, city conquering, weddings, deaths, etc.), I guess between 18 months and two years.  

2014-06-10 10:29 AM

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY

Sorry, man....

I so fell for the story of Ygrette and John that I started reading various "spoilers" after last season.  I unfortunately found one that mentioned she died in the book, which left me crying in the middle of my living room.

I didn't know when or how, but I had been preparing for her to die at some point this season.  It still pains me, but I must go on.  For Ygrette, you know.  :-(

She'd have wanted it that way.
2014-06-10 6:05 PM

User image

Sorry, man....

She'd have wanted it that way.

before she shoved her sword in your blubbering stomach.....

2014-06-12 10:07 AM
in reply to: KSH

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ballston Spa, NY
Originally posted by KSH

Someone posted this on my GOT FB group... it's got strong language (you have been warned), but it's pretty funny. 

OMG Karen I died reading that.
2014-06-12 10:21 AM
in reply to: cornick

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by cornick
Originally posted by KSH

OMG Karen I died reading that.

lol, that was funny.

I tell you what, shows like this are so counter to almost anything else we watch on TV.  The main characters of most shows are always safe, so you know they're always going to win and be fine.

With GOT, everybody is fair game and that's what I love about it.  I so badly want Tyrian to live that it hurts, but I have NO idea what's going to happen next week.  Obviously the writers have to be careful as to not kill off ALL the main characters because then they have to develop in new characters that may or may not be received as well, but it's been a great adventure that keeps me on the edge of my seat every week.  I'm not the only one either, so they're doing something right.

2014-06-12 11:00 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Vine Grove, KY
Without giving any spoilers, I'm curious as to how people who have read the books feel about the show. Knowing what is supposed to happen takes away all of the suspense about who lives and dies for me. I find myself slightly underwhelmed after most episodes because a scene I imagined in the book was better or more descriptive/expansive than it was in the show.

I guess that's pretty normal for book/movie type stuff, but I was wondering how that was split up here.
2014-06-12 11:51 AM
in reply to: TriathletePT

User image

Veteran
St. Louis

Originally posted by TriathletePT Without giving any spoilers, I'm curious as to how people who have read the books feel about the show. Knowing what is supposed to happen takes away all of the suspense about who lives and dies for me. I find myself slightly underwhelmed after most episodes because a scene I imagined in the book was better or more descriptive/expansive than it was in the show. I guess that's pretty normal for book/movie type stuff, but I was wondering how that was split up here.

You must have a better imagination than me.  I tend to zone out reading the fight scenes and just want to know who won.  When I read about the mountain killing Oberyn, I just thought "dumb, should have finished the job".  But to actually see Gregor pop his eyes out and crush his skull, that was awesome.  I've enjoyed the books more for the overall plot (maybe because I didn't know what was coming), but sometimes you just got to see the blood fly.  Plus, I didn't picture Ygritte to be near as hot as the actress they cast.

2014-06-12 12:06 PM
in reply to: kevin_trapp

User image

Extreme Veteran
Vine Grove, KY
I guess I liked a lot of the detail surrounding the scenes better in the book. I didn't think a whole lot of the fight scene between the Mountain and the Viper either in the book. Some of it might just be that I know whats about to go down.
2014-06-12 1:34 PM
in reply to: TriathletePT

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY
Originally posted by TriathletePT

Without giving any spoilers, I'm curious as to how people who have read the books feel about the show. Knowing what is supposed to happen takes away all of the suspense about who lives and dies for me. I find myself slightly underwhelmed after most episodes because a scene I imagined in the book was better or more descriptive/expansive than it was in the show.

I guess that's pretty normal for book/movie type stuff, but I was wondering how that was split up here.

With all due respect, I think it would be better to keep this discussion in the book thread. It's really hard to talk about book/tv show comparisons without spoiling some aspect of the show for the people who haven't read the books.
New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Game of Thrones Season Four (TV Show Only-- no book spoilers, please!) Rss Feed  

of 6

RELATED POSTS

Game of Thrones - BOOKS Discussion (Spoilers) Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9

Started by KSH
Views: 15183 Posts: 214

2014-06-20 9:32 PM strykergt

Game of Thrones Third Season (spoilers) Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7

Started by BellinghamSpence
Views: 13061 Posts: 153

2014-05-28 12:47 PM tuwood

Game of Thrones: Season 2 Pages: 1 2 3 4

Started by Big Appa
Views: 7451 Posts: 78

2012-09-25 9:01 PM GomesBolt

Game of Thrones: Season 2.

Started by Big Appa
Views: 489 Posts: 1

2012-04-02 7:40 AM Big Appa

Game of Thrones: Season 2.

Started by Big Appa
Views: 416 Posts: 1

2012-04-02 7:39 AM Big Appa
RELATED ARTICLES
date : September 16, 2010
author : LifterCatcher
comments : 3
As the fog cleared, the buoy that I first saw earlier in the morning was just the first marker in a very long line of buoys that stretched across the lake like a runway for a 747 jetliner.