2014-04-08 3:40 PM
in reply to: thebigb

User image

Extreme Veteran
West Michigan
Subject: RE: Race Fees...new pricing idea

Originally posted by thebigb

Originally posted by trishie

Originally posted by Danno77 I think they should charge less and stop giving me stupid tshirts, race bags full of unwanted crap (I'm not saying that I don't get stuff that is cool, just I'd live without it), and tons of snacks afterwards. I'll buy the shirts I want, and eat something else after the race.
\

This is what I thought the thread would be about when I opened it.

I don't think the RD pays for the "crap in the bag" --- that's from sponsors -- but I could do without more race shirts. Some running races I do give an option to register with the tshirt/ premium or without.

How much do race shirts really cost anyway? I'd suspect the RD isn't paying very much for them to begin with so we wouldn't see much price change. Honestly, I'd be all for no shirts and no medals but realize medals are a point of pride for people that don't do this as frequently as some of us. Maybe a "pay for medal" option? 

If they're going to give out shirts I'd almost rather cotton shirts so I could wear them during a normal day or use them as a rag. I never, ever run in the tech shirts they give out. 

Using the tech shirts to train is one of the justifications I give my wife for racing... I'm saving (insert shirt quality cost here) dollars by not buying training shirts..

2014-04-08 4:52 PM
in reply to: TriMike

User image

Champion
Chicago
Originally posted by TriMike

Originally posted by Danno77 I think they should charge less and stop giving me stupid tshirts, race bags full of unwanted crap (I'm not saying that I don't get stuff that is cool, just I'd live without it), and tons of snacks afterwards. I'll buy the shirts I want, and eat something else after the race.
\

I don't think the RD pays for the "crap in the bag" --- that's from sponsors -- but I could do without more race shirts. Some running races I do give an option to register with the tshirt/ premium or without.

How much do race shirts really cost anyway? I'd suspect the RD isn't paying very much for them to begin with so we wouldn't see much price change. Honestly, I'd be all for no shirts and no medals but realize medals are a point of pride for people that don't do this as frequently as some of us. Maybe a "pay for medal" option? 

If they're going to give out shirts I'd almost rather cotton shirts so I could wear them during a normal day or use them as a rag. I never, ever run in the tech shirts they give out. 

Using the tech shirts to train is one of the justifications I give my wife for racing... I'm saving (insert shirt quality cost here) dollars by not buying training shirts..

I use the race shirts all the time! Not only because they're tech shirts, but also because they say things like `Ironman' and `140.6' on them, so then people recognize the skillz.
2014-04-08 4:52 PM
in reply to: mr2tony

User image

Expert
Scottsdale, AZ

Originally posted by mr2tony

\

I use the race shirts all the time! Not only because they're tech shirts, but also because they say things like `Ironman' and `140.6' on them, so then people recognize the skillz.

So much doosh!

2014-04-08 4:54 PM

User image

Champion
Chicago

\

So much doosh!

You're just jealous because you don't have any of those shirts.
2014-04-08 4:57 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Expert
Scottsdale, AZ

\

So much doosh!

Please. My three legged race champion shirt commands much more attention, especially when people learn I ran it solo. 

Edited by thebigb 2014-04-08 4:58 PM
2014-04-08 5:00 PM

User image

Seattle

\

So much doosh!

Please. My three legged race champion shirt commands much more attention, especially when people learn I ran it solo. 

Where's the third l...ooooooohhhhhhhh

2014-04-09 10:17 PM

User image

Veteran
Great White North
No you would miss the qualifying time and you would be told your entry was not accepted.
2014-04-10 11:25 AM
in reply to: simpsonbo

User image

Expert
Boise, ID

I always chuckle a bit to myself when people complain about the shirts and medals at races. Guess what a race without a shirt and a medal is... It's called training! If you wanna run and not get a shirt or a medal then tie your shoes and go run. We all have watches, we don't need someone to time us. If you want some competition get a training buddy or use Strava. 

Do I get any DB points?

2014-04-10 11:46 AM
in reply to: Asalzwed

User image

Pro

Originally posted by Asalzwed

\

So much doosh!

Now this thread has my attention.

2014-04-10 12:03 PM
in reply to: ratherbeswimming

User image

Seattle
Originally posted by ratherbeswimming

Originally posted by Asalzwed

\

So much doosh!

Now this thread has my attention.

and lost mine
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Race Fees...new pricing idea Rss Feed  

of 3

RELATED POSTS

Race Fee + Processing Fee

Started by snake111
Views: 977 Posts: 7

2009-07-31 4:18 PM trix

Wow-Reality Check: The Race Entry Fees Pages: 1 2

Started by SweetK
Views: 2558 Posts: 39

2006-11-11 1:43 PM MikeTheBear

race fees! Pages: 1 2

Started by weds19
Views: 1818 Posts: 39

2005-04-05 12:43 PM dovecom

Tax-Deductable Race Fees??

Started by JGFTri
Views: 945 Posts: 23

2004-11-12 6:19 AM scuba-punk

new idea for all those race numbers!

Started by autumn
Views: 564 Posts: 1

2004-09-20 1:33 PM autumn
RELATED ARTICLES
date : December 24, 2008
author : mrakes1
comments : 0
Discussions on sweet snacking ideas, protein ideas for vegetarians, premenstrual cravings, eating with a cold, bodybuilding to triathlete and feeling tired.

date : March 4, 2008
author : sportfactory
comments : 4
When shopping for triathlon bike aerobars, considerations range from adjustability, comfort, aerodynamics, weight, and of course, price.
date : September 4, 2004
author : Daniel Clout
My expectations for the quality of this years’ Triathlon world championship were fulfilled. This was because of the superb location that is like no other along with having the top triathletes present.

date : September 4, 2004
author : Daniel Clout
There is a marvelous destiny out there waiting for you too, but only if you are willing to take chances and put yourself on the line.