General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Cycling and infertility Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-04-09 2:05 PM

Subject: Cycling and infertility
Hey everyone, I've recently become interested in triathlon. I'm a runner and have begun swimming and cycling as cross training and have decided to start working towards triathlon after my marathon this year.

I recently heard the cycling long distances can cause fertility problems in men. I did some research and found some "inconclusive" evidence from about 5 years ago but haven't found much from recently. Can anyone point me in the direction from some newer studies? I'd like to work my way up to ironman distances but I'd also like to have kids some day. Thanks in advance.

2014-04-18 4:54 PM
in reply to: jlosz

User image

Subject: RE: Cycling and infertility
Unless you smash your special parts to bits in a crazy accident, bicycling is not going to make you any less fertile than eating too much ice cream.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Cycling and infertility Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Cycling Hotspot

Started by jldicarlo
Views: 1091 Posts: 4

2005-08-08 9:01 PM jldicarlo

Cycling and a sore knee

Started by John_0026
Views: 678 Posts: 2

2005-07-10 9:04 PM Rowdy

Pain in the male anatomy while cycling

Started by Tabasco
Views: 1135 Posts: 9

2005-06-23 12:43 PM hikergerb

ITBS and cycling

Started by Outcast210
Views: 953 Posts: 5

2005-06-15 7:58 PM jldicarlo

Foot Pain in my new cycling shoes

Started by sunfire67
Views: 828 Posts: 2

2005-01-06 9:27 PM PTinVA
RELATED ARTICLES
date : December 14, 2011
author : AMSSM
comments : 2
What is the recommended way to recover from a cycling-related lower back injury?

date : May 18, 2011
author : Troy Jacobson
comments : 3
How to get faster and still keep your job and family
date : March 20, 2009
author : mikericci
comments : 0
This month's fun and fast training will help you improve performance and raise your metabolism so that you are feeling a bit hungry all the time and really burning up those calories.

date : January 18, 2009
author : mikericci
comments : 2
Start getting fit and losing weight in the New Year with our beginner cycling program. This program can get you fit and ready to then start any of our sprint or olympic triathlon training programs.
date : October 8, 2008
author : FitWerx
How do you determine VO2 max for cycling? I have my HR zones from a time trial, but don't know how to get VO2 max out of that.

date : December 14, 2004
author : Don Magie
Known for its brutal cadences, nasty sprints and 12-minute hills, the spin class seems to be the perfect substitute for a raunchy ride outside. But is it?
date : September 1, 2004
author : owie
“Less is more,” is a common buzz phrase in endurance sports today. It refers to the trend of training less but focusing on intensity and quality rather than on quantity.

date : September 1, 2004
author : owie
You ride hard enough that you are working but not so hard that you can’t do the same thing the next day. 700 km or 400 miles a week.