General Discussion Triathlon Talk » QR CDO. 1 vs Felt DA Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-04-14 7:20 PM

User image

Groton, New York
Subject: QR CDO. 1 vs Felt DA
Ignoring the drivetrain component differences, what would be some of the pros and cons between these two frames? Opinions on one frame design vs the other?

2014-04-14 9:54 PM
in reply to: keqwow

User image

Pro
Subject: RE: QR CDO. 1 vs Felt DA

I think the CD0.1 is a bit longer in the reach.  Whether that's good or bad, depends on your body.

The CD0.1 is very aero.  The DA, possibly even moreso.  Although any difference between the frame aerodynamics would be more than overshadowed by changes in body position.

I've found the CD0.1 to be a really stiff, solid, comfortable frame.  I've never ridden the new DA- but, I love Felts.

my guess is that you'd be happy with either.

2014-04-15 7:03 AM

User image

Exton, PA
Originally posted by keqwow

Ignoring the drivetrain component differences, what would be some of the pros and cons between these two frames? Opinions on one frame design vs the other?

I have a Felt B16, but when I was buying I had the opportunity to buy a much higher end Orbea for the same price. I was 90% sure I was buying the Orbea right up to the point where I test rode the 2 bikes. The feel of the felt was much better FOR ME. Assuming you have had a fit and both bikes will work for you, go ride them. Putting 5 to 10 miles on each may very well make the decision for you.
2014-04-15 8:05 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Chicago, USA
Originally posted by keqwow

Since both are reasonably aero frames, I would test ride both and evaluate how you like each of the bike's brake feel and function. Because unfortunately both frames use proprietary brakes that more than a few riders complain about. And you're gonna have to use those brakes for life of the bike, so make sure you can live with them or, better yet, actually like them.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » QR CDO. 1 vs Felt DA Rss Feed