General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Review: NeilPryde Bura SL Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-04-15 8:51 AM

User image

Pro
, New Hampshire
Subject: Review: NeilPryde Bura SL
I've had a few different road bikes over the last few years, Fuji SST, Look 595, Parlee Z5, all built with Campy Record and 50/36 Q-rings. All good in their own rights.

I had the opportunity to build up a bike with Campy Record EPS, but no matter how much I tried, I couldn't make it look "right" running the electronic cables externally on my Parlee. Then I went to the TriExpo in Washington DC and talked to the guys from NeilPryde (and District Hardware, the NP LBS). I decided to give the Bura SL a try and build it with my Record EPS.

So how it is? In a word, amazing! It's as stiff as any TT bike I've ever ridden (and I've had quite a few), it descends like it's on track and it's comfortable enough for longer distances (I would still pick my Parlee for a century, but the Bura would be my choice for anything below 60-70 miles). And this things CLIMBS! A lot of that comes from the stiffness, but a full build just shy of 14 lbs makes it easy. I used to be a sprinter when I was younger, so I've tried a few sprints. It's crazy easy to maintain speed and then unleash the sprint. You really want the front end and rear end to feel like a single solid unit when sprinting, and the stiff BB, the bulky chain stays and the stiff head tube and fork makes it follow your every input.

Can you tell that I'm REALLY impressed with Neil Pryde? This is a brand that you don't hear much about, but they've really done a great job developing their bikes.

photo IMG_0963_zps37ed6a0a.jpg
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Review: NeilPryde Bura SL Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Hey you guys, how about some tire reviews in the product review section?

Started by matt3liv
Views: 931 Posts: 5

2008-09-05 1:23 PM Stephene

New Tri-Bike....Cervelo P2-SL

Started by rfergus5
Views: 1391 Posts: 6

2005-08-09 11:34 AM swimzor

MOTOBECANE Le Champion SL: Buy?

Started by tri-ingdrummer
Views: 662 Posts: 1

2005-08-02 12:59 PM tri-ingdrummer

litespeed tachyon or cervelo p2 sl

Started by cdom
Views: 896 Posts: 2

2005-06-11 3:43 PM mtorment

Cervélo P2 SL

Started by Machiavelo
Views: 3710 Posts: 11

2005-04-12 8:42 AM Machiavelo
RELATED ARTICLES
date : July 30, 2013
author : hoffsquared
comments : 7
After three triathlon seasons, I finally decided that I wanted to actually see well during the swim portion. My vision is not so great. I had to find better goggles.

date : November 12, 2009
author : Coach AJ
comments : 0
In this review, we put the Garmin Forerunner 405 and the Suunto T6C heart-rate and GPS watches through the wringers.
date : November 17, 2008
author : Ontherun
In part 3 of this series on mid-range fullsuits, we review the Neo Sport Sprint fullsuit for comfort, warmth, buoyancy and performance.

date : September 4, 2008
Coach AJ reviews the Reynolds SDV 66 Racing Wheel and the PowerTap 2.4 SL Wireless Power Meter.
date : August 6, 2008
We review both the Sci'Con Atlas and the Aerotech Evolution bike cases for traveling with your bike.

date : February 18, 2008
author : Ontherun
comments : 7
Looking for a liquid hydration system for your runs? We review the unique Amphipod RunLite 4 belt hydration system. Other than a few small issues, it has performed well.
date : October 1, 2006
author : Ron
comments : 2
Triathletes are not invincible. Some of us like to think we are, but that is just not true. Anything can happen to us in open water. So why not make sure you are prepared for an emergency?

date : October 30, 2005
author : DominiqueL
comments : 1
The Quattro pedal is Crank Brothers’ formal offering for the road cycling set. The company has taken their simple but effective EggBeater design and added a low profile platform.