General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Podiatrist or other doctor for custom orthotics Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-04-15 10:27 AM

User image

Expert
Oklahoma
Subject: Podiatrist or other doctor for custom orthotics
I'm looking for a doctor who works with runners and specializes in custom orthotics. I've been running in the same pair for about 5 years and I really think they need to be tweaked. Im starting to get a lot of little injuries that I think are linked to my orthotics. I've tried ditching them a couple of times and it always ended in a injury that caused me having to stop running for extended period of time. Anybody have a doctor they recommend in north Texas?

2014-04-15 12:45 PM
in reply to: EKH

User image

Subject: RE: Podiatrist or other doctor for custom orthotics
Originally posted by EKH

I'm looking for a doctor who works with runners and specializes in custom orthotics. I've been running in the same pair for about 5 years and I really think they need to be tweaked. Im starting to get a lot of little injuries that I think are linked to my orthotics. I've tried ditching them a couple of times and it always ended in a injury that caused me having to stop running for extended period of time. Anybody have a doctor they recommend in north Texas?

Honestly, I think an orthopedic doctor/surgeon is your best bet now. Most of them in my area do the fitting for those or they can send you to someone who can. Typically, the write a script and send you to someone who specializes in them. I saw an orthopedic doctor when I broke BOTH of my feet at the same time. Stress fractures. Ended up realizing I was wearing stability shoes and should have been in neutrals for YEARS. Praying that was all it was. Have been good for well over 1.5 years now, thankfully! Good luck to you.
2014-04-15 3:35 PM
in reply to: midwesttrimom

User image

Expert
Grapevine, Texas
Marybeth Crane in Grapevine, TX is very good and sees a lot of athletes in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. Ironman, runner, etc....she will understand your focus. I originally went to a regular podiatrist and got some seriously jacked up orthotics and he also had me in a stability shoe. Bad combination. Fast forward a couple years, and she put me in some "real" custom orthotics and neutral shoes. Have also seen her for a stress fracture, ankle sprain, and PF. Here is her website: http://www.myrundoc.com
2014-04-15 5:48 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Veteran
Cleburne, Texas

Sorry, I miss read the post.  Guess I can't delete it.

Edited by HelmoAlkou 2014-04-15 5:50 PM
2014-04-16 6:23 AM
in reply to: squirt

User image

Expert
Oklahoma
Thanks for the replies.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Podiatrist or other doctor for custom orthotics Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Dallas Sports Podiatrist rec

Started by jec03
Views: 739 Posts: 3

2013-02-25 3:10 PM Stude

Podiatrist - Woodlands/Spring

Started by lufferly
Views: 780 Posts: 1

2012-10-22 9:59 AM lufferly

Podiatrist and/or Sports Therapy place?

Started by whizzards23
Views: 990 Posts: 4

2010-03-04 11:08 PM dblack1801

Frisco area Podiatrist recommendation

Started by rzzqb8
Views: 564 Posts: 1

2008-12-15 11:13 AM rzzqb8

Dallas Podiatrist Reference

Started by caseyr02
Views: 581 Posts: 5

2007-10-16 4:57 PM caseyr02
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 28, 2012
author : AMSSM
comments : 2
My left leg is significantly shorter than my right by 7mm. For the bike I got an extra shim in my cleat, so I'm wondering if orthotics would be called for in my running shoes?

date : February 3, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 4
Scheduling workouts in the Custom Training Plan Creator for an ideal, balanced, injury-free season
date : December 11, 2007
comments : 0
I have had chronic Achilles tendonitis problems for a good portion of my life. I am wondering if this can ever go away, or if there is a surgery that can be done?

date : July 3, 2006
Is there anything that I can do to lessen the chances of stress fractures. I have had no luck with the doctors I have seen. Some have advised orthotics, some say there is nothing that can be done.
date : October 30, 2005
Been having ankle and achilles pain. Went to sports med/therapy clinic...was given stretches to help achilles and had an appointment made for getting orthotics.

date : May 3, 2005
My right foot is killing me (flat feet, wearing orthotics). I can no longer run on it and am forced to walk. After walking 10k, my foot felt like it was squeezed really hard.