Canadian Triathlon Forum British Columbia » Biking in Burnaby Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
2014-04-15 6:06 PM

Regular
, British Columbia
Subject: Biking in Burnaby
Moving out to Burnaby, living near Edmonds Station. Looking for some good areas to bike, preferable with bike lanes. Also are there any good pools/masters swim groups in that area.

2014-04-15 10:09 PM
in reply to: sbr7

User image

Veteran
Cloverdale, BC
Subject: RE: Biking in Burnaby

Here is the city of Burnaby's bike map:

http://www.burnaby.ca/Assets/multiple+locations/Bike+Map.pdf

If you're looking for flat rides, you'll probably find yourself going across the Queensborough bridge and into Richmond.  Burnaby Mountain is awesome for hill workouts.  The BC Parkway  (aka "7-11 bike route") is probably your main bike route in and out of the Edmonds area, but it can be a bit of a gong show with pedestrians and school kids. 

I don't swim in Burnaby, so hopefully somebody else can answer your swimming questions.  Generally I find that the 25m pools around this area are clogged with slow people and senior citizens.   You're best to find a 50m pool.  I know there is the Canada Games Pool in New Westminster, but I'm not sure what is available in Burnaby. 

Mike

2014-05-25 6:47 PM
in reply to: sbr7

User image

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia
Subject: RE: Biking in Burnaby
Have you found what your are looking for?

Consider central park if you haven't looked at it already. There are several masters clubs that train at the 50m outdoor pool there, and there are biking trails within the park itself. You can take the sky train with your bike from Edmonds to Patterson, or just bike their directly (about a 15 minute ride).

New Thread
Canadian Triathlon Forum British Columbia » Biking in Burnaby Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Riding in the Burnaby, Coquitlam, New West area

Started by mndymond
Views: 1467 Posts: 7

2011-06-07 9:42 PM mndymond

New Balance Half Iron...CHANGE TO BIKE COURSE

Started by Busygirl
Views: 967 Posts: 6

2007-06-04 9:26 PM browner6

Buying a road bike

Started by hazmaster
Views: 1161 Posts: 13

2007-05-22 5:39 PM SamSteele

Bikes?

Started by SamSteele
Views: 989 Posts: 7

2007-03-08 11:02 AM VanCityJ

Blak Dog Bikes Bankruptcy sale

Started by Deputy
Views: 1089 Posts: 8

2007-02-22 2:33 PM Deputy
RELATED ARTICLES
date : November 6, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 4
A Walmart bike, a borrowed road bike or a new carbon fiber bike? You don't need to break the bank for your first triathlon bike.

date : August 11, 2011
author : FitWerx
comments : 1
Dean from Fitwerx answers a BT member question about what kind of bike should be the "next bike."
date : June 29, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 4
Second in a series of three articles about the basics, the niceties and the luxuries

date : April 12, 2011
comments : 0
How should I be shifting gears on the front chainring and the rear cogs to cope with hills?
date : December 27, 2008
comments : 9
Are you a beginner triathlete? This video will compare triathlon bikes and road bikes to help you figure out what is best for you as you begin your triathlon training.

date : August 5, 2008
author : mrakes1
Are you traveling to a race and need to ship your bike? This video will demonstrate how to disassemble your bike to be able to pack it properly in a bike case for shipping.
date : March 6, 2007
author : sportfactory
Bike upgrades to gain speed: better wheelsets, a tri-bike, road bike with aerobars, even getting rid of those love handles before getting that lighter bike.

date : July 30, 2006
author : Valdora Cycles
comments : 8
The triathlon bike vs. road bike quandary. Before you even ask the road bike vs. tri bike question, you should have a couple sprint triathlons or duathlons under your belt.