General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Zoot ZForce 1.0 vs Tyr Hurricane C1 Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-04-18 1:34 AM

Subject: Zoot ZForce 1.0 vs Tyr Hurricane C1
I have about 200 to spend on a solid entry level
full sleeve wetsuit. I am upgrading from a sleeveless
I don't fit into anymore.

Anyone have good or negative reviews about these
two suits?

I don't have enough cash to go for a
Yamamoto 39 type suit and I need help with some
decent buoyancy, my legs tend to drag after a while.
I am doing sprints and Olympics this year.
Any advice/help would be great, thx!

2014-04-23 5:45 PM
in reply to: kldutton2010

Subject: RE: Zoot ZForce 1.0 vs Tyr Hurricane C1
Anyone?
2015-08-06 2:43 PM
in reply to: kldutton2010

User image

I'm curious to hear everyone's thoughts, too! I have the same price range and I'm looking on swimoutlet.com deciding on Xterra Vortex ($150), Zoot ZForce ($200), or TYR Hurricane ($180). I'm currently learning toward the Zoot ZForce mainly because I've rented it before and had no issues (it really helped with buoyancy)!
2015-08-06 6:14 PM
in reply to: Carolyn24

User image

Master
Eugene, Oregon
Bronze member
All I can offer feedback on is the TYR Category 1. I honestly haven't been impressed. About all I can say is that it's warm. I'm super cold-blooded and haven't frozen swimming in water down to about 60 degrees. It's a very thick suit; I think the higher end ones are of thinner material that provides a similar buoyancy benefit.

I just feel like I'm wearing a suit of armor when I wear the Cat 1. Very difficult to put on. I've had fast swims in it but I don't find it comfortable--it seems to lack flexibility at the places where it should stretch more, mainly the shoulders--could be a fit issue but I think also partly a materials/design issue. Also not that durable, though this might be my fault. I've only needed it for about one race a year (since I live and race in SE Asia from August to mid-June and can do without it in some of my US races), and after only three years it's started to rip each time I put it on. There are also fit issues--to get a tight enough fit, I had to go with a suit that's too short for me (the "ankle" falls at mid-calf). I have muscular calves and and this makes it really hard to get off. Some of these may be individual issues with fit, my body, and care of the suit, but when I replace it I'll definitely be looking for something a bit less bulky and more flexible, with a longer, leaner size profile. I'm even wondering if I'd be better off in a S or XS men's suit, since I'm fairly tall (almost 5'8") with small waist and hips.
2015-08-12 9:03 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Brooklyn, New York
I can offer some feedback here and maybe save some frustration. I am 5'10" - 194 muscular build and wetsuits and I don't agree. Swam several times in the Hurricane Cat1 that did not fit me well. I tried on several of the Zoot Z-force. Finally agreed with the sleeveless Z-Force 3.0 in XL. If you are muscular in thighs or up top, SIZE UP! If you want extra shoulder room, go sleeveless. If you want to choose between the two suits go with the Zoot. Try to go for the 3.0 because it has a shaped chest panel thats a different "stretchy" rubber than the neoprene, thus allowing for more chest and lat expansion comfort. The panel design on the legs is also more muscularly and ergonomically comfortable than the Hurricane Cat1. I know the 3.0 is a little more money, but those 2 features are worth the money. I went low end cheaper in the beginning and still ended up buying a second suit. Get it right once by paying a tad more is still cheaper than buying one much cheaper and getting it all wrong to have to buy another.

Hope it helps, I finally swim in a wetsuit that doesn't drive me mad or make me crampy (Zoot Z-Force Sleeveless 3.0)

Edited by TJHammer 2015-08-12 9:03 AM
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Zoot ZForce 1.0 vs Tyr Hurricane C1 Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Swimskin: blueseventy PZ3TX vs TYR torque pro

Started by edumoix
Views: 2820 Posts: 2

2011-08-23 1:42 PM atasic

TYR Hurricane

Started by jarvy01
Views: 1160 Posts: 5

2011-04-30 9:37 PM ijen0311

Kestrel Talon or Giant C1

Started by Wolfey8412
Views: 2014 Posts: 4