Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Do you think she ran or not? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 7

2014-04-24 3:04 PM
in reply to: ingleshteechur

User image

Champion
Dallas, TX
Subject: RE: Do you think she ran or not?

Originally posted by ingleshteechur

Ok, here's the update.  Before I asked her this morning I thought I'd do one more bit of sleuthing.  I looked up the men and women who finished right around her time and went to their race pictures from the finish line.  The closest time to hers was a gentleman who finished with no one remotely close to him.

So, this morning I stopped by her office and admittedly took the passive approach and said "Hey, I found something you might want to check out.  I wanted to see what the splits were on a 4:15 finish so I thought I'd look up your splits for reference and you weren't listed at all.  Do you think your timing chip malfunctioned or something?"    She hesitated slightly and said "Hey, thanks.  I haven't even looked at the race site or anything so I'll contact someone and see what's going on."  I said I just wanted to make sure she knew and headed to my room!  So...who the heck knows.  I find it a bit strange by now she wouldn't have looked up her official time, age group placing, all that stuff for what was her first marathon but at this point, I'm out. 

In response to the concern about her coaching--well, yeah there's a concern. However, she's an excellent bball coach.  Will this make me much more cautious about her, absolutely. 

Interesting. Very interesting. 

I suspect she didn't run it at all and for some reason feels the need to lie about it. Like someone else said, she just might be a pathological liar. I would question if I wanted my kid around someone who was like that. But maybe her being a pathological liar doesn't come into play with regards to coaching a basketball team? 

2014-04-24 7:27 PM

User image

Master
Beijing
2014-04-25 1:06 AM

User image

Regular
Madrid
Kim darn it. That was your shot. Now none of us will ever know for sure.
2014-04-25 7:31 AM
in reply to: moondawg14

User image

Elite

Originally posted by moondawg14

Maybe she's one of these folks?

That is funny.

2014-04-25 7:32 AM
in reply to: gr33n

User image

Elite

Originally posted by gr33n Kim darn it. That was your shot. Now none of us will ever know for sure.

I know!  I suggested we wear our race shirts today...we'll see if she does.

2014-04-25 7:48 AM

User image

Pro

Originally posted by gr33n Kim darn it. That was your shot. Now none of us will ever know for sure.

I hope you brought an "alternate" shirt for her to wear, just in case. Something like this maybe.

2014-04-25 8:47 AM

User image

Champion
Sarasota, FL

Originally posted by tech_geezer

Another twist to the mystery--and I swear I'm not obsessed with this--but if I can check things out I will. Months ago she mentioned her nephew was going to run the marathon with her.  Makes sense, he was a cross country runner in high school one town over.  I coach our school's cross country team so I know her nephew.  At the beginning of the week last week I asked her if 'Johnny' was ready for his first marathon too.  She said 'Oh, no, he's into this bike thing now so he's going to do the bike tour instead'.  I thought that was odd given he'd put so many training miles into this and then decide to do the bike tour, but again, whatever, what's it to me. Yesterday I realized he would have had to register as well--a bib number was required, cyclists got a goodie bag as well.  Looked him up and no record of him registered anywhere either--not for the bike or the marathon.

A family of bandits perhaps?

Maybe it's genetic! 

Is her last name Litton?

Mark

2014-04-25 9:06 AM
in reply to: RedCorvette

User image

Expert
Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa.

Originally posted by RedCorvette

Originally posted by tech_geezer

Another twist to the mystery--and I swear I'm not obsessed with this--but if I can check things out I will. Months ago she mentioned her nephew was going to run the marathon with her.  Makes sense, he was a cross country runner in high school one town over.  I coach our school's cross country team so I know her nephew.  At the beginning of the week last week I asked her if 'Johnny' was ready for his first marathon too.  She said 'Oh, no, he's into this bike thing now so he's going to do the bike tour instead'.  I thought that was odd given he'd put so many training miles into this and then decide to do the bike tour, but again, whatever, what's it to me. Yesterday I realized he would have had to register as well--a bib number was required, cyclists got a goodie bag as well.  Looked him up and no record of him registered anywhere either--not for the bike or the marathon.

A family of bandits perhaps?

Maybe it's genetic! 

Is her last name Litton?

Mark

I was waiting for this thread to turn down this path.  LOL

2014-04-25 9:27 AM

User image

Champion
Dallas, TX

Waiting for the update!  

2014-04-25 10:47 AM

User image

Champion
Lost in the Luminiferous Aether
4 pages of people worried about what some total stranger did or didn't do... Welcome to the Internet!
2014-04-25 11:40 AM
in reply to: KSH

User image

Elite

Originally posted by KSH

Waiting for the update!  

She didn't come in today!  Forever a mystery I guess!

2014-04-25 11:42 AM

User image

Expert

Originally posted by KSH

Waiting for the update!  

Really?  Well that is just NOT acceptable.

Go to Human Resources, get her address, post it on BT and we will take care of the rest....

Or, we just close this chapter of our obvioulsy obsessive compulsive lives.  :-)

2014-04-25 11:46 AM

User image

Champion
Chicago

Originally posted by KSH

Waiting for the update!  

It's because she didn't have anything to wear.
2014-04-25 12:02 PM
in reply to: trinnas

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Originally posted by trinnas 4 pages of people worried about what some total stranger did or didn't do... Welcome to the Internet!

And I keep coming back for more. Entertainment is where you find it, I guess.

2014-04-25 12:11 PM
in reply to: BrianRunsPhilly

User image

Elite

Originally posted by BrianRunsPhilly

I hope you brought an "alternate" shirt for her to wear, just in case. Something like this maybe.

Ha!

2014-04-25 12:37 PM

User image

Expert
Boise, ID

I think it is time to turn this thread over to ST. I predict a verdict within 3 hours.

2014-04-25 1:16 PM
in reply to: Aarondb4

User image

Pro

Originally posted by Aarondb4

I think it is time to turn this thread over to ST. I predict a verdict within 3 hours.

Light the torches! Sharpen the pitchforks!

2014-04-25 1:18 PM

User image

Champion
Dallas, TX

Originally posted by KSH

Waiting for the update!  

NNNNNOOOOO!!!! Wow, she's a pro at this lying stuff. Ha! 

2014-04-26 7:31 PM
in reply to: switch

User image

OK, that was entertaining! I read the earlier posts and was actually going to suggest "just ask her" or mention that her results are missing, but switch beat me to it-- three days ago. So I read to the end of the thread....

It does sound like she just didn't run but somehow felt the need to pretend she did, or she is some sort of pathological liar. I have known people like that-- not fun.

It also sounds like she had no idea how these things actually work and that race times and splits are documented online.
2014-04-28 1:38 PM
in reply to: jennifer_runs

User image

Extreme Veteran
Colorado
Bronze member
I've been sucked into this drama, too. Do we know anything new??
2014-04-28 1:53 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Elite

It's so perplexing isn't it!  I can add one new piece of evidence that suggests that she didn't run the marathon.  This morning I was perusing FB and this coworker often posts inspirational running quotes.  She posted one this morning so I clicked on it to read the whole thing. Underneath were comments from her cousin asking how she has been.  My coworker responded with: "I'm good!  I have been doing a lot of running lately, getting ready to start training for a marathon in September!"      Ummmmmmmmmmmm...wouldn't she mention she just ran a full marathon?  Why would she say she's getting ready to start training if she had just trained for and completed her first marathon a week ago and not mention that at all? 

Things that make you go 'hmmmm!'

Edited by ingleshteechur 2014-04-28 1:55 PM

2014-04-28 1:58 PM

User image

Expert

It's so perplexing isn't it!  I can add one new piece of evidence that suggests that she didn't run the marathon.  This morning I was perusing FB and this coworker often posts inspirational running quotes.  She posted one this morning so I clicked on it to read the whole thing. Underneath were comments from her cousin asking how she has been.  My coworker responded with: "I'm good!  I have been doing a lot of running lately, getting ready to start training for a marathon in September!"      Ummmmmmmmmmmm...wouldn't she mention she just ran a full marathon?  Why would she say she's getting ready to start training if she had just trained for and completed her first marathon a week ago and not mention that at all? 

This has now become unacceptable.  Have her bring in the finisher's medal so you can get a picture taken together and put it in the school's trophy case.  Make her admit it.  Or all you have to do is just post her name here and we will take care of the rest.   (insert evil laughter)

2014-04-28 2:15 PM
in reply to: siouxcityhawk

User image

Elite

Originally posted by siouxcityhawk

This has now become unacceptable.  Have her bring in the finisher's medal so you can get a picture taken together and put it in the school's trophy case.  Make her admit it.  Or all you have to do is just post her name here and we will take care of the rest.   (insert evil laughter)

I'm thinking about this option--a pack of BTers with a name and mad Internet skills--the truth would prevail!

2014-04-28 2:26 PM

User image

Champion
Dallas, TX

No way she ran it. NO WAY. She is too ashamed to fess up that she didn't run it. But now she's in too deep and probably won't ever fess to it. 

2014-04-28 2:35 PM
in reply to: KSH

User image

Pro

Stone her!!!!!!

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Do you think she ran or not? Rss Feed  

of 7

RELATED POSTS

My dog thinks she's a triathlete

Started by GrilloOriginal
Views: 1120 Posts: 17

2009-08-30 2:12 PM Nightstar2009

Do you think she is a blonde?

Started by Jungle Jenn
Views: 1500 Posts: 7

2009-04-05 10:39 PM comet the dog

WTF was she thinking? Pages: 1 2

Started by CubeFarmGopher
Views: 2571 Posts: 46

2007-12-21 9:39 AM Donto

Michele thought she could fly?

Started by 1stTimeTri
Views: 523 Posts: 2

2007-11-07 12:44 PM WaterDog66

I thought she was a little fishy...

Started by RGRBILL
Views: 809 Posts: 3

2005-06-08 12:53 PM RachelRichardson
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 19, 2013
author : AMSSM
comments : 4
The doctor says not to run again. Ever. Needless to say, I’m not taking this very well. Can I recover from this? Where should I go from here?

date : April 28, 2011
author : fivecents
comments : 5
What my first sprint distance triathlon taught me about myself.
date : February 23, 2009
author : mrakes1
comments : 0
I usually have at least one workout per day, sometimes two or three, but I spend about all in-between time eating. I am not gaining weight, but I am not losing weight either. Should I be concerned?

date : May 7, 2008
author : katzchen55
comments : 3
My thanks to the triathlete community for being there when I need you. That’s the beautiful thing about triathletes. None of us are all right, and no one expects anyone else to be.
date : August 17, 2007
author : scoli121
comments : 6
I quickly browsed an article in Men's Health that talked about doing a triathlon, and how it wasn't really that hard. With a "tsk!" I quickly turned the page while thinking, "Yeah, right!"

date : September 3, 2005
author : joeinco
comments : 6
As a triathlete, there is one acronym that you just can’t fathom ever having next to your name in a race report – DNF: DID NOT FINISH.