Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Do you think she ran or not? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 7

2014-04-30 1:37 PM
in reply to: ingleshteechur

User image

Sensei
Sin City
Subject: RE: Do you think she ran or not?

What's the plan after you get to the bottom of this?

2014-04-30 1:41 PM
in reply to: Kido

User image

NC
Originally posted by Kido

World domination.

2014-04-30 1:41 PM

User image

Pro

She gets to go..."na na na na na". 

2014-04-30 1:54 PM

User image

Expert
Boise, ID

We move on to the lifeguard Kona guy thread.

2014-04-30 2:16 PM

User image

Expert
Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa.

Originally posted by ingleshteechur

Originally posted by Khyron No, now you go all in. Get a friend or someone to phone her and pretend to be a reporter from Runner's World or something, doing a story on local amateurs - see how far she'll go with it.

Don't tempt me!  We live in a small town with a very small newspaper--the owner would gladly interview anyone I suggest--he's always desperate for a story of some sort!  This could really, really happen...

So when do you get into "Crazy Taper Mode"?   I believe that would be the best time to really make the call to the paper.  Then you have your built in excuse.

I think the conversation could go like this:

Newspaper guy calls ingleshteechur:  "Hi this is yada yada from so and so Newspaper and we are doing a story on local residents........"

Ingleshteechur:  I'd love to talk about the past race but right now all my focus is on my next race.....  What you really need to do is call Ms Obviously Didn't Run the Marathon Johnson and talk to her."

Newspaper guy:  Great!  Thanks for the lead.  I can't wait to hear her story.

Ingleshteechur:  **under her breath**  You have no idea how much I want to hear that story but who is really anxious are the nuts on BT.

Then once the story is published all you need to do is COPY and PASTE the link and we are all feeling much more satisified.

2014-04-30 2:56 PM
in reply to: Aarondb4

User image

Elite

Originally posted by Aarondb4

We move on to the lifeguard Kona guy thread.

Yeah!  Let's roast that guy too!

2014-04-30 2:57 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Elite

Oh I'm in full blown taper madness for St. George Saturday--I think that's why I'm getting so diabolical!  I was ready to drop this a few days ago but you people are taking advantage of my weakened state right now!  Maybe I'll call newspaper guy tomorrow afternoon on my way out of town to St. George and leave a wake of destruction behind me...muuuaahhaaaaaaaaaaa

Edited by ingleshteechur 2014-04-30 2:58 PM
2014-04-30 4:08 PM

User image

Originally posted by Khyron No, now you go all in. Get a friend or someone to phone her and pretend to be a reporter from Runner's World or something, doing a story on local amateurs - see how far she'll go with it.

Don't tempt me!  We live in a small town with a very small newspaper--the owner would gladly interview anyone I suggest--he's always desperate for a story of some sort!  This could really, really happen...

Record the conversation and release it to TMZ.

2014-04-30 6:27 PM
in reply to: Socks

Originally posted by Socks

Personally I don't have enough energy to care if someone is lying or not.  Whatever, they have to live with themselves at the end of the day. There are worse things in life to lie about like drug use, cheating on your spouse or breaking the law etc.  Over nearly 10 years here on BT there are lots of folks who have lied about race results. Its easy enough to check and kind of amusing but like I said whatever,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I would prefer that you lie about drug use and cheat on your spouse. At least then you aren't taking from my accomplishment. Someone who lies about races really is a special kind of crazy, I need attention kind of liar versus a lie to avoid conflict liar. Neither is good, but crazy random lying makes even less sense and is a bit more scary. Breaking the law - speed all you want, don't care, conversely, if breaking the law means you five fingered my Specialized tri bike or publicly posted my private info, go ahead and lie about the run instead and let the na na na-ing begin. It IS amusing and ironic
2014-05-01 12:27 PM
in reply to: gotbitten

User image

Champion
Dallas, TX

Originally posted by gotbitten

Personally I don't have enough energy to care if someone is lying or not.  Whatever, they have to live with themselves at the end of the day. There are worse things in life to lie about like drug use, cheating on your spouse or breaking the law etc.  Over nearly 10 years here on BT there are lots of folks who have lied about race results. Its easy enough to check and kind of amusing but like I said whatever,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I would prefer that you lie about drug use and cheat on your spouse. At least then you aren't taking from my accomplishment. Someone who lies about races really is a special kind of crazy, I need attention kind of liar versus a lie to avoid conflict liar. Neither is good, but crazy random lying makes even less sense and is a bit more scary. Breaking the law - speed all you want, don't care, conversely, if breaking the law means you five fingered my Specialized tri bike or publicly posted my private info, go ahead and lie about the run instead and let the na na na-ing begin. It IS amusing and ironic

Very true! 

Not having any reasoning or motivation behind being deceptive is truly CRAZY. 

2014-05-01 12:53 PM
in reply to: KSH

User image

Champion
Lost in the Luminiferous Aether
Originally posted by KSH

Very true! 

Because you do not know the reasoning does not mean there isn't one. I can give you a very good reasoning for lying about a race: Self-esteem.

*Note: good as in applicable not as a measure of value or validity.

2014-05-01 12:56 PM
in reply to: gotbitten

User image

Sensei
Sin City

That's a curious viewpoint...

How does someone lying about them racing take away your accomplishment?  That's sounds strange to me.  If someone else said they did IMAZ when they didn't does that mean I haven't done it?  Or me doing it has less value to me?  What people say about their race (or lying about it) takes nothing from my 6 months of training, hard work, dedication, and the fact I busted my butt on that course - NOTHING.

Considering drug use is illegal, and speeding - I DO care.  Especially when I'm riding my bike on the streets, or driving, or worse yet, have kids out there.  I care very much if people are being reckless or dangerous.  Cheat on your spouse?  I guess that's on you, but there sure has been a breakdown of the family over the years.  Whether that's a good thing, or bad thing, I guess it's up to you.

Lying for attention?  Sad, but not that big a deal to me.  I pity them a bit.  Must be insecure and unhappy with themselves enough that they need to fabricate something to feel good about themselves.  But that has far less impact to me than cheaters, drug users, or speeders.

2014-05-01 1:00 PM
in reply to: trinnas

Originally posted by trinnas

Originally posted by KSH

Very true! 

Because you do not know the reasoning does not mean there isn't one. I can give you a very good reasoning for lying about a race: Self-esteem.

*Note: good as in applicable not as a measure of value or validity.

Well said, KSH.

If I could put the smack-down on someone lying about a race right from the get-go, I certainly would. That said, if I missed the initial opportunity, I'd ignore it and move on.

2014-05-01 1:00 PM

User image

Sensei
Sin City

Originally posted by trinnas

Because you do not know the reasoning does not mean there isn't one. I can give you a very good reasoning for lying about a race: Self-esteem. *Note: good as in applicable not as a measure of value or validity.

Absolutely.  Self esteem and the feeling to be accepted, appreciated, liked and respected are HUGE HUGE HUGE motivating factors.  We all do it, all the time (well mostly).  Laugh at stupid jokes, do what the "cool kids" are doing, say things the other person wants to hear to be liked...

Some may take it to extremes and fabricate stories (which may have happened in this case) or not realize that other really don't care THAT MUCH if you did the race or not.

But acceptance and insecurity could be the basis behind a LOT decisions people make.

Edited by Kido 2014-05-01 1:01 PM
2014-05-01 1:15 PM

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

That's a curious viewpoint...

How does someone lying about them racing take away your accomplishment?  That's sounds strange to me.  If someone else said they did IMAZ when they didn't does that mean I haven't done it?  Or me doing it has less value to me?  What people say about their race (or lying about it) takes nothing from my 6 months of training, hard work, dedication, and the fact I busted my butt on that course - NOTHING.

Considering drug use is illegal, and speeding - I DO care.  Especially when I'm riding my bike on the streets, or driving, or worse yet, have kids out there.  I care very much if people are being reckless or dangerous.  Cheat on your spouse?  I guess that's on you, but there sure has been a breakdown of the family over the years.  Whether that's a good thing, or bad thing, I guess it's up to you.

Lying for attention?  Sad, but not that big a deal to me.  I pity them a bit.  Must be insecure and unhappy with themselves enough that they need to fabricate something to feel good about themselves.  But that has far less impact to me than cheaters, drug users, or speeders.

xabillion

2014-05-01 2:48 PM
in reply to: mehaner

User image

Extreme Veteran
Does anyone else feel disappointed when they see new posts to this thread and then they see that the situation hasn't been figured out yet? Not sure why, but I really want to know if she ran or not.

2014-05-01 3:27 PM
in reply to: jmcconne

What if this was all a deliberate plan to punk a bunch of us? What if she never intended to run, lied about it and has been lurking on this forum getting a huuuuuge laugh out of how some folks are getting so bent out of shape about something that's pretty inconsequential. It's a race, big deal.

• ...maybe this is all part of some sort of psychological/sociological experiment.

• ....maybe I'm the liar. No wait, I'm not. Or am I? This is getting too much like Inception.
    2014-05-01 3:29 PM

User image

It really doesn't help that the OP's profile pic isn't a billion miles from this image.....

Edited by Dan-L 2014-05-01 3:32 PM

(images.jpg)

Attachments
    ----------------
    images.jpg (7KB - 7 downloads)
    2014-05-01 3:36 PM
    in reply to: Dan-L

User image

Expert
    Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa.

Originally posted by Dan-L

It really doesn't help that the OP's profile pic isn't a billion miles from this image.....

I think I'm too dumb to understand this comment.

2014-05-01 3:39 PM
    in reply to: jmcconne

User image

Pro

Originally posted by jmcconne Does anyone else feel disappointed when they see new posts to this thread and then they see that the situation hasn't been figured out yet? Not sure why, but I really want to know if she ran or not.

Yes, this thread has run it's course....

or not.

2014-05-01 3:41 PM

User image

Elite

What's your point?

2014-05-01 3:42 PM

User image

Elite

Originally posted by siouxcityhawk

Yeah, I'm not sure if I'm being insulted or not...

Edited to add...crazy girlfriend meme?  Really Dan-L?

Edited by ingleshteechur 2014-05-01 3:54 PM
    2014-05-01 5:04 PM

User image

Originally posted by siouxcityhawk

Yeah, I'm not sure if I'm being insulted or not...

Edited to add...crazy girlfriend meme?  Really Dan-L?

No, no - crazy 'stalking' girlfriend.  I'm only pulling your leg.

2014-05-01 5:15 PM

User image

Ok, if that wasn't funny then this definitely won't be.

(49283967.jpg)

Attachments
    ----------------
    49283967.jpg (57KB - 8 downloads)
    2014-05-01 5:34 PM

User image

Master
    Calgary, AB
    Silver member
    Can't really tease her too much since a) it's 6 pages and b) we're in the 6 pages. At least she actually knows the person.

Patiently waiting for the reporter -> sting operation to go down.

New Thread
    Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Do you think she ran or not? Rss Feed  

of 7

RELATED POSTS

My dog thinks she's a triathlete

Started by GrilloOriginal
    Views: 1123 Posts: 17

2009-08-30 2:12 PM Nightstar2009

Do you think she is a blonde?

Started by Jungle Jenn
    Views: 1500 Posts: 7

2009-04-05 10:39 PM comet the dog

WTF was she thinking? Pages: 1 2

Started by CubeFarmGopher
    Views: 2571 Posts: 46

2007-12-21 9:39 AM Donto

Michele thought she could fly?

Started by 1stTimeTri
    Views: 523 Posts: 2

2007-11-07 12:44 PM WaterDog66

I thought she was a little fishy...

Started by RGRBILL
    Views: 809 Posts: 3

2005-06-08 12:53 PM RachelRichardson
    RELATED ARTICLES
    date : March 19, 2013
    author : AMSSM
    comments : 4
    The doctor says not to run again. Ever. Needless to say, I’m not taking this very well. Can I recover from this? Where should I go from here?

date : April 28, 2011
    author : fivecents
    comments : 5
    What my first sprint distance triathlon taught me about myself.
    date : February 23, 2009
    author : mrakes1
    comments : 0
    I usually have at least one workout per day, sometimes two or three, but I spend about all in-between time eating. I am not gaining weight, but I am not losing weight either. Should I be concerned?

date : May 7, 2008
    author : katzchen55
    comments : 3
    My thanks to the triathlete community for being there when I need you. That’s the beautiful thing about triathletes. None of us are all right, and no one expects anyone else to be.
    date : August 17, 2007
    author : scoli121
    comments : 6
    I quickly browsed an article in Men's Health that talked about doing a triathlon, and how it wasn't really that hard. With a "tsk!" I quickly turned the page while thinking, "Yeah, right!"

date : September 3, 2005
    author : joeinco
    comments : 6
    As a triathlete, there is one acronym that you just can’t fathom ever having next to your name in a race report – DNF: DID NOT FINISH.