General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Race For A Reason - Athletes in Action Triathlon : Official Thread Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-04-22 2:36 PM

User image

Elite
Cleveland
Subject: Race For A Reason - Athletes in Action Triathlon : Official Thread
Roll call!!

Who's in?

I'll be there; first time back to Athens since I did this race in 2012. Looking forward to those hills on the bike, especially that one right at the halfway point, lol!

2014-04-23 8:00 AM
in reply to: cgregg

User image

Expert
Subject: RE: Race For A Reason - Athletes in Action Triathlon : Official Thread
in three days? out exam time
2014-04-23 9:11 PM

User image

ill be there looking forward to doing my first one of the year.
2014-04-25 10:49 AM
in reply to: kelso012

User image

Elite
Cleveland

Hitting the road shortly... see ya in the morning!

2014-04-26 2:42 PM

User image

nice job out there cgregg...dont know if you saw or not but you still made podium even with chain issue. you should get a mug too!

nice to see you out there hopefully be at a few more
2014-04-26 4:08 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Elite
Cleveland

Originally posted by kelso012 nice job out there cgregg...dont know if you saw or not but you still made podium even with chain issue. you should get a mug too! nice to see you out there hopefully be at a few more

What??!!?? Seriously?!!!

No, I completely missed that... my results sheet said I was 7th in Division, 7th in Gender.  How did I podium?

Now I'm even more anxious for the real results to get posted!!

And congrats to you, you CRUSHED that bike split!

Edited by cgregg 2014-04-26 4:09 PM

2014-04-26 6:07 PM

User image

Elite
Cleveland

Well, results are posted and the mystery is cleared up.... what I had thought was the results printout telling me I was 7th in AG was actually saying that I was 7th OA.

Holy Schnikes!  Congrats on your finish, too... 3rd AG, 3rd OA!  Man, that is one sickly tough age group to race in!

2014-04-26 9:55 PM

User image

Congrats to you too. I was wondering if you didnt know or just didnt stick around for awards...

Thanks pretty happy with that.. i was hoping for a better run split though. have been running better than that but probably cooked it a little on the bike with the hills

2014-04-29 8:53 AM

User image

Elite
Cleveland

What other events do you have on your slate for this year, Kelsey?  Are you in for New Albany?

2014-04-29 6:53 PM

User image

The only two im signed up for right now are Mohican endurance half and Olympic nationals in Milwaukee, not sure probably throw another sprint or two in there somewhere but nothing planned yet. No I can't do new Albany this year. I've done a few bike races this year so far so maybe a couple of those or tt events.
2014-04-30 10:40 AM

User image

Elite
Cleveland

Nice!

You definitely do well in the cycling; I wish I could ride those hills like you did... seriously impressive.   

Good luck at Nationals, man!  Did you go last year?  Unfortunately, Athens was my one decent shot at getting there this year, and I just wasn't good enough (or, there just weren't enough slower people there, lol).

The only other HFP event on my schedule, other than New Albany, is Linwood park.  My girlfriend and I have talked about doing Mohican as a relay, and Great Buckeye Challenge is a possibility, but neither are likely.   Besides them, my big races are Escape from Alcatraz on June 1st (even bigger hills, lol!) and ending the season with Beach2Battleship Half.

2014-04-30 11:05 AM
in reply to: #4985285

User image

This will be my first time going to nationals. I couldn't pass up Mohican....I ride around that area a few times a week. Only about 15 miles from house and for first half distance think it will help knowing a lot about the area.

Good luck at your races those sound like they would be pretty fun events. If you end up doing Mohican and want to come check it out let me know there's a lot of good routes with low traffic around and plenty of hills if you want.
2014-05-01 2:50 PM

User image

Elite
Cleveland

Originally posted by kelso012 This will be my first time going to nationals.

Good luck there!  It's a great vibe and a fun course.   The most challenging part of the bike course is a highway bridge you cross twice... it should be a total breeze for you.

I couldn't pass up Mohican....I ride around that area a few times a week. Only about 15 miles from house and for first half distance think it will help knowing a lot about the area. Good luck at your races those sound like they would be pretty fun events. If you end up doing Mohican and want to come check it out let me know there's a lot of good routes with low traffic around and plenty of hills if you want.

We're thinking about it.  My girlfriend just did the "Forget the PR" 25k trail race there a few weeks back and it was after camping there all weekend that we started to think about teaming up (I swim & bike, she runs).   If those hills are your back yard, it's little wonder that you crushed Athens as well as you did!

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Race For A Reason - Athletes in Action Triathlon : Official Thread Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

American Triple-T Ohio - Race #1: Super Sprint : Official Thread

Started by turtlegirl
Views: 3589 Posts: 25

2012-05-22 7:24 AM turtlegirl

Ohio University - Athletes in Action Triathlon - April '12

Started by cgregg
Views: 1411 Posts: 7

2012-04-30 9:20 AM TriDiesel

Ohio University Athletes in Action Sprint Tri May 7

Started by Anstress
Views: 1478 Posts: 7

2011-05-05 12:11 PM Bodaggit

American Triple T - Race #1 : Official Thread

Started by katimomma
Views: 2212 Posts: 12

2010-01-11 9:18 AM steve p

Davis Family YMCA/Steel Valley Triathlon Club Sprint Distance Triathlon : Official Thread

Started by bruehoyt
Views: 1658 Posts: 5

2009-05-17 8:45 PM bruehoyt
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 14, 2010
author : Team BT
comments : 0
Part two covers protein after workouts, caffeine usage during racing, the reason for muscle fatigue and general nutrition guidelines.

date : June 4, 2006
author : Rich Strauss
comments : 2
I was not an official; I simply observed the race and the officials doing their thing. Here is what I saw: