Canadian Triathlon Forum British Columbia » Barley Mill Pub Bare Bones Duathlon Hilly? Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
2014-04-23 11:06 PM

Regular
, British Columbia
Subject: Barley Mill Pub Bare Bones Duathlon Hilly?
I've never been to penticton, anyone every done this race before? How hilly is the course?

2014-04-24 2:22 PM
in reply to: sbr7

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2014-04-24 10:56 PM
in reply to: DrLeah

Extreme Veteran
Penticton, BC
Subject: RE: Barley Mill Pub Bare Bones Duathlon Hilly?
The bike route is pretty much as Dr. Leah says except that they changed the route direction. Instead of going up McLean Creek Rd. you'll stay on East Lake Rd. into Okanagan Falls then up the back side (counter-clockwise) and around and down McLean Creek Rd.

Just after the turn off to McLean there is a short but good climb up a hill then a fast downhill going into OKF. The climb out of OKF is on better pavement and is a longer less steep climb than McLean. I rode the route today and my least favourite part of the route is coming down McLean hill. The asphalt is really rough.

If you can come before race day it would be a good idea to ride the route once.
2014-04-24 11:59 PM
in reply to: wenceslasz

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2014-04-25 10:35 PM
in reply to: DrLeah

Extreme Veteran
Penticton, BC
Subject: RE: Barley Mill Pub Bare Bones Duathlon Hilly?
It really is pretty awful. I haven't lost any water bottles yet but it is that rough. I'm always nervous going down it and would rather ride up anytime.
New Thread
Canadian Triathlon Forum British Columbia » Barley Mill Pub Bare Bones Duathlon Hilly? Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Anyone here done the Bigfoot Iron Distance tri at Harrison Mills? Pages: 1 2

Started by Cherelli
Views: 2483 Posts: 26

2009-08-14 11:44 AM Cherelli

My First Triathlon Harrison Mills Pages: 1 2

Started by SamSteele
Views: 7663 Posts: 33

2008-08-12 3:50 PM gdlite23
RELATED ARTICLES
date : September 12, 2009
author : Nancy Clark
comments : 0
Maintaining bone health throughout the lifespan should be a priority for all athletes, starting as youngsters and continuing as master's athletes.

date : October 20, 2008
author : araqnid
After doing duathlons for the last couple of years, I decided to go for a triathlon. Starting with an Olympic-distance race perhaps wasn't wise, but it was fun (of a sort).
date : July 5, 2005
author : KevinKonczak
After you have established the Ironman goal, the most important factor outside of the training is which race to choose? What is your best sort of course, hilly, rolling, flat?