2014-05-28 7:59 AM
in reply to: austhokie

User image

Champion
Bronze member
Subject: RE: May Peach Challenge

Originally posted by austhokie
Originally posted by ceilidh

Originally posted by austhokie I had 2 non-peachy days last week - one on Wednesday - was supposed to be a swim, but thunder/lightening had the pool closed (AGAIN!) and then Friday because the coach gave me the day off, and it was a struggle just to drag my butt outta bed! lol! but I made up for it this weekend - 45 miles on the bike on Saturday, 6 mile run on Sunday and then 86 miles on the bike yesterday I got to participate in day 1 of the Ride2Recover with wounded warriors as they start their 5 day trek from DC to VA Beach and then turned around and rode back to DC

that is great! How fun to be able to do that. I think you more than made up for your non-peachy days with all of that time in the saddle. (and run).

it was soo awesome! I think next year i'm going to try and sign-up to volunteer for the 5 day - Ride2Recovery is run all over the country - I think they have 5-6 big trips each year that people can join in and participate

they had one here last year and I was going to ride with them and injury caused me to miss it. Now they aren't doing it in my area this year, but I will!

2014-05-28 8:09 AM
in reply to: ceilidh

User image

unfortunately, last night was a non-peachy day...I had planned to swim...got home, let the dogs out and took care of stuff for a couple of hours, headed out to go swimming, thundering and lightening, which means the pool was closed...blah!
2014-05-28 3:30 PM

User image

I can't believe we're almost to the end of this spectacularly peachy month!   Thank you, Robin, for putting this challenge out there because the timing couldn't have been better for me after tax season.  It was just what I needed to get motivated and moving.   Only 3 more days and I'll have been perfectly peachy, doing a swim, bike or run (or combination of them) every single day of the month.   I gotta say, though, that this old body is looking forward to Sunday, June 1 and taking a much needed rest day. 

Finish strong everyone!!

2014-05-28 3:34 PM
in reply to: bswcpa

User image

Champion
Bronze member

Originally posted by bswcpa

I can't believe we're almost to the end of this spectacularly peachy month!   Thank you, Robin, for putting this challenge out there because the timing couldn't have been better for me after tax season.  It was just what I needed to get motivated and moving.   Only 3 more days and I'll have been perfectly peachy, doing a swim, bike or run (or combination of them) every single day of the month.   I gotta say, though, that this old body is looking forward to Sunday, June 1 and taking a much needed rest day. 

Finish strong everyone!!

That is fantastic! I missed some this month, but if it weren't for you all lurking there holding me accountable, it would be worse. Peach on.

2014-05-29 5:38 AM

User image

Finish strong everyone!!

That is fantastic! I missed some this month, but if it weren't for you all lurking there holding me accountable, it would be worse. Peach on.

same here - I think i've had 3 non-peachy days, but aside from that, i'm kind of proud how this month ended up - both workout time wise and training base wise
2014-05-29 6:09 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tallahassee, Florida
Originally posted by austhokie

Finish strong everyone!!

same here - I think i've had 3 non-peachy days, but aside from that, i'm kind of proud how this month ended up - both workout time wise and training base wise

+1. I missed one day due to general apathy but got my peach today and will finish strong. Good work All!

2014-05-30 11:05 AM
in reply to: Pink Socks

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA

It's been a perfectly peachy month other than Mother's Day but I figure that's a free pass.  Otherwise, I got workouts planned over the last few days to close out strong.  Great job everyone.

2014-06-02 1:06 PM
in reply to: popsracer

User image

Elite
Lakewood, CO
Originally posted by popsracer

It's been a perfectly peachy month other than Mother's Day but I figure that's a free pass.  Otherwise, I got workouts planned over the last few days to close out strong.  Great job everyone.

Sounds like my month too !!!
2014-06-02 1:11 PM
in reply to: peto_primo

User image

Champion
Bronze member

Let's do it again for June!

2015-04-30 7:30 PM

User image

Great Idea!
I need some motivation to get back into the swing of training every day.
New Thread
Other Resources Challenge Me! » May Peach Challenge Rss Feed  

of 4

RELATED POSTS

MAY "You MAY Pick" Challenge--ALL WELCOME! Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14

Started by TriAya
Views: 21519 Posts: 344

2012-06-04 9:50 AM dmbfan4life20

MAY PEACHES! Pages: 1 2 3

Started by AbbieR
Views: 8172 Posts: 57

2011-05-31 3:25 PM Girl Passing on Left

May Peach Clallenge Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7

Started by AbbieR
Views: 14126 Posts: 170

2010-06-01 6:47 AM wgraves7582

May Peach Challenge! Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7

Started by AbbieR
Views: 11055 Posts: 154

2009-05-31 9:55 PM losta

October Peach Challenge Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15

Started by AbbieR
Views: 19525 Posts: 363

2008-11-01 5:06 AM Shermbelle
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 9, 2010
author : AMSSM
comments : 1
Most people believe that running barefoot is dangerous. Certainly, depending upon the surface, they would be correct. However, there is some suggestion that running barefoot may reduce injuries.

date : January 14, 2008
author : dr_forbush
comments : 0
In addition to writing your race number on each upper arm, they also wrote your age on your calf. This allowed me to see who was passing me by in the bike section of this race.
date : November 28, 2007
author : Tri Swim Coach
Question and answers on swimming strength challenges, is kicking important, 'runners kick' with ankle inflexibility and the usefulness of fins, pool buoys and paddles.

date : October 9, 2007
author : dr_forbush
comments : 9
The boat was being tossed around. Someone noted that there were whitecaps on the waves. Another guy said, “This is going to be challenging.” I began to wonder what he meant by 'challenging'.
date : July 10, 2007
author : Ontherun
Having three seasons under my belt I thought I knew what I was doing. That all changed with a few new challenges and a bunch of new friends.

date : January 7, 2007
author : Ontherun
comments : 4
We were all there once, a beginner. Time to take the challenge and help a beginner triathlete!
date : January 29, 2006
author : lv2teach
comments : 1
It’s a challenge to push yourself a little harder and a little further. Be proud of every workout that is accomplished and every step-even the baby ones-that you take on this course to the finishline.

date : September 3, 2005
author : infosteward
The Boulder Peak bike course is legendary. It is, literally and named as such, one of the toughest bike legs in the country.