General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Your Summer Race Schedule Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-05-01 11:45 AM

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA
Subject: Your Summer Race Schedule

What races are you planning on doing this summer?  Would love to hear what everyone's going to be doing.  Lots of options out there.  This is what I've got so far:

Haggen to Haggen 5k  5/3

Moses Lake Oly  6/7

Seattle Rock n Roll marathon 6/21

Lake Padden Tri 6/28

Either Clear Lake tri or Ocean Shores 7/12

Hamster Endurance Run 12 hour  8/16

Seawheeze HM in Vancouver  8/23 

2014-05-04 10:42 AM
in reply to: popsracer

User image

Subject: RE: Your Summer Race Schedule
IMCDA
Seafair OLY
Lake Meridian OLY
Black Diamond OLY
2014-05-05 9:14 PM

User image

Kenmore, Washington
Done:
Skahit Valley Tulip 5 mile run
YMCA CanDo 5k

Flying Wheels Century
Issaquah Tri
Lake Padden Tri

Very likely:
ChelanMan oly
Beaver Lake Sprint
2014-05-06 9:50 AM
in reply to: pnwdan

User image

Veteran
Seattle, Washington
This is all I have planned:

Troika HIM 5/31
IM CDA 6/29
Ragnar 7/18-7/19

Beyond that, not sure, but perhaps:

Seafair 7/20
Lake Stevens 8/27
Escape from the Rock 9/7
Kirkland 9/21

Sort of thinking about skipping out on racing the rest of the season and exploring some MTB around here.
2014-05-06 4:58 PM

User image

Elite
Puyallup, WA

A few 5Ks (one in IL)

Five Mile Lake (Retro!) 6/28

Bonney Lake Tri - 8/30

(my first OLY **cross my fingers***)

Just got the OK to swim yesterday (3 months out of shoulder surgery...)!

2014-06-08 11:31 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Olympia, WA
It's always interesting to see what's on people's schedules. It also gives me ideas. I haven't scheduled anything beyond CdA on 6/29 because I don't know how I'll feel after that. Assuming it goes alright, I'd like to get back to Chelanman in July, perhaps Lake Meridian in August, and Leadman 125 in September. In November it's off to Tempe for the IM.

2014-06-09 3:21 PM

User image

I'm a true beginner. I'm doing my first triathlon next weekend - the Cottage Lake mini-sprint. I signed up for the "beat you time" option, so I'll also be doing the same race in September. I'll decide after this weekend on other potential races. I'm thinking about Lake Tye in Monroe. It's close to home. Has anyone done this race in the past? Also might try Lake Meridian in August.

Scott I.
2014-06-09 3:51 PM
in reply to: 0

Regular
Seattle, WA
Not many tris (or races in general), but "rough" schedule:

7/3-4 - Firecracker 5000
8/3 - Green Lake Extravaganza Regatta (rowing in several alumni boats)
8/10 - WSBA State TT Championship (only definite on the list, and only event I've seriously trained for this year)
8/16 - Whidbey Island Tri
9/14 - Black Diamond (either Olympic or Sprint)
9/20 - Beat the Blerch Half

Speculative, but excited to get out, and have a summer w/o a strict race schedule.

Edited by Quantum 2014-06-09 3:51 PM
2014-06-09 8:01 PM
in reply to: EchoLkScott

User image

Extreme Veteran
Olympia, WA
Originally posted by EchoLkScott

I'm a true beginner. I'm doing my first triathlon next weekend - the Cottage Lake mini-sprint. I signed up for the "beat you time" option, so I'll also be doing the same race in September. I'll decide after this weekend on other potential races. I'm thinking about Lake Tye in Monroe. It's close to home. Has anyone done this race in the past? Also might try Lake Meridian in August.

Scott I.

I did Lake Tye last year. I enjoyed the race and they did a good job. My only issue was with the bike course. The road itself was fine, but there is a leg of it that's open to local traffic and there were many instances of jams for both the cars and bikes. It's a narrow road and it's an out-and-back course so there are riders on both sides, one way going out, one way coming in. Despite the drivers being very courteous, there times when they just couldn't pass the riders because they couldn't go wide enough safely. That then caused bikers to get jammed up behind the cars until they could pass the bikers ahead. I could see lots of frustrated riders and drivers and that inevitably leads to some of them taking chances they shouldn't and causing a dangerous situation.
2014-06-10 9:39 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Issaquah
Had big plans for this year. Injury changed one race already, hopefully the others will remain...

Mt Si 50mi ultra (dropped due to injury)
RAMROD
Leadman Bend 250

Edited by cnsegura 2014-06-10 9:40 PM
2014-06-12 12:17 AM

User image

Master
Pacific Northwest

6/15 Five Mile Lake Women's Tri (Race Buddy for LUNA Chix)

6/22 Lake Meridian Tri

7/10 Clear Lake (If I don't go sherpa at Vineman)

7/18-19 Ragnar Relay

Aug Lake Tye Oly

September MS 150 Ride

September Kirkland Tri

September Beat the Blerch half marathon 

November Deception Pass 25K

Super bummed that the Beaver Lake Tri is no longer in existence.  

2014-06-12 12:24 PM
in reply to: Medusa_Ann

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA

Originally posted by Medusa_Ann

6/15 Five Mile Lake Women's Tri (Race Buddy for LUNA Chix)

6/22 Lake Meridian Tri

7/10 Clear Lake (If I don't go sherpa at Vineman)

7/18-19 Ragnar Relay

Aug Lake Tye Oly

September MS 150 Ride

September Kirkland Tri

September Beat the Blerch half marathon 

November Deception Pass 25K

Super bummed that the Beaver Lake Tri is no longer in existence.  

I hope you are able to make it to Clear Lake.  I mailed my registration yesterday.

Just got on a Ragnar Team too.  Have always wanted to do that race.  I watch them run through town every year.  The course goes right by my house.

2014-06-13 3:50 PM

User image

Master
Pacific Northwest

I hope you are able to make it to Clear Lake.  I mailed my registration yesterday.

Just got on a Ragnar Team too.  Have always wanted to do that race.  I watch them run through town every year.  The course goes right by my house.

I love the CL tri, it just depends on a few factors, like IF I end up road tripping to Vineman or not!    What leg are you for Ragnar?  I am in Van 1 but not sure yet, either 2 or 4 I think, but need to double check.  Our team is the EAGER BEAVERS and I am sure you will see us.  We have a giant beaver costume and a lot of crazy women being inappropriate.  

Edited by Medusa_Ann 2014-06-13 3:51 PM
2014-06-16 7:28 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Puyallup, WA
Only 5 Mile lake so far. I may sign up for Bonney Lake
2014-06-16 3:32 PM

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA

I love the CL tri, it just depends on a few factors, like IF I end up road tripping to Vineman or not!    What leg are you for Ragnar?  I am in Van 1 but not sure yet, either 2 or 4 I think, but need to double check.  Our team is the EAGER BEAVERS and I am sure you will see us.  We have a giant beaver costume and a lot of crazy women being inappropriate.  

I don't know what leg yet.  I am a replacement on a team and will probably end up with whatever leg looks to be the least desirable leg.  Do they have start times posted yet?  

2014-07-01 11:56 AM

User image

Master
Pacific Northwest

Originally posted by popsracer

I don't know what leg yet.  I am a replacement on a team and will probably end up with whatever leg looks to be the least desirable leg.  Do they have start times posted yet?  

Our start time is 0630 which means on the road at 0400 which means packing the van at 0330 and leaving home to get to the van at 0310.  OUCH.  Look for Eager Beavers along the way!

Also, I am going to sherpa at Vineman so won't be doing Clear Lake.  Now thinking of the Lake Tye Oly on Aug 9.

2014-07-01 1:16 PM

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA

Originally posted by popsracer

Our start time is 0630 which means on the road at 0400 which means packing the van at 0330 and leaving home to get to the van at 0310.  OUCH.  Look for Eager Beavers along the way!

Also, I am going to sherpa at Vineman so won't be doing Clear Lake.  Now thinking of the Lake Tye Oly on Aug 9.

Yikes.  That is brutally early.  Our team name is "We are doing this again?!".  Don't know how long it took someone to come up with that.  We don't start until 12:00 and I'll probably be first van, leg 3 or 5.  Should be a lot of fun and I'll certainly keep my eye out for the Eager Beavers though may not see you until the finish area.  Save a beer for me.

Ran the Tesoro 5k (they also have a 10k) in Anacortes on Saturday and have to give a shout out to this event.  Live music, BBQ, real trophies, ribbons, prize drawings.  It is a flat, fast course that was one of the best local fun runs I've done.  It was kind of a spur of the moment thing but was really glad I did it.

Also, did my first track meet last night.  After hearing Adrienne's exploits on the track I thought I'd give it a try.  Ran the 5000m.  Not your typical fun run.  All seriously fast folks except for me.  Well, I didn't embarass myself too bad and got to relive my glory days from 35 years ago.  Can't wait to do it again.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Your Summer Race Schedule Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Fall Race Schedule

Started by popsracer
Views: 1255 Posts: 5

2013-10-17 5:07 PM Medusa_Ann

2013 Race Schedule

Started by rnner66
Views: 1127 Posts: 15

2013-04-30 10:51 PM lutzman

Interesting tris over the summer...

Started by Quantum
Views: 1535 Posts: 9

2011-02-07 5:29 PM spudone

Summer Madness Triathlon/Duathlon & Kids mini-tri

Started by Wedjos1
Views: 1299 Posts: 4

2008-08-05 8:16 PM mchally

Flying wheels summer century and other distances

Started by ultrahip_00
Views: 1102 Posts: 1

2008-05-21 6:51 PM ultrahip_00
RELATED ARTICLES
date : June 22, 2010
author : jasongootman
comments : 0
Design a triathlon race schedule with the right amount and right types of races to help you peak at the right time.

date : April 2, 2006
author : mikericci
This summer, I am planning on doing three triathlons. What should my strategy be for training, tapering and resting during, before and after each race?
date : July 17, 2005
author : Brandon Heflin
So how do you plan for a season? Below, I’ve created a simple five step process to use as a primer for season planning.

date : September 5, 2004
author : Ron
Good tips for training and race-day