Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » Open Water swim coaching: Toronto & GTA, London ON, and Florida (winter) Rss Feed  
Moderators: Silver_wlf, alicefoeller Reply
2014-05-06 2:11 PM

User image

Subject: Open Water swim coaching: Toronto & GTA, London ON, and Florida (winter)
Hello everyone,

I am a competitive open water swimmer and swim coach based out of the east GTA. Very passionate about swimming, specifically for open water and plant-based nutrition. This is not your local Masters team or Tri Club coached swim - 1 on 1 private coaching; you will learn and progress fast. There are secrets to fast swimming. Building my business, reputation and very successful client base. I have almost completed a 2300km swim challenge to raise awareness for sharks - that's Toronto to Miami or the length of the Great Barrier Reef - 132km to go! Sponsored by ARENA Swimwear. Starting coaching clinics in my home city of London, ON starting Canada Day weekend and clinics in Florida through the winter starting in Key West and Ft Lauderdale in December. All tri/OWS levels; total beginner/novice to IM Worlds Kona.

LATERAL LINE: Unique sensory system of sharks that give them a strong advantage in the water...

LATERAL LINE AQUATIC TRAINING focuses on proper technique and training programs for endurance and speed in open water swimming. Learn the skills and conditioning for confidence and success in races. This includes comprehensive dryland programs sport specific to swimming faster; strength/power, flexibility/mobility, and core. The nutritional aspect is often missing from swim training/triathlon/endurance programs of all levels; LLAT has a strong focus, emphasis, knowledge and experience with 100% plant-based nutrition for performance, recovery, and overall health.

Coaching sessions are at a semi-private 25m pool in Oshawa. I also coach at any pool of your choice in the GTA during lane swim hours; rates will increase depending on location/travel time; I am based out of Oshawa.

Coaching is purchased in blocks of four 1-hr private lessons. I recommend doing 1 session a week and I provide a custom designed workout with focus work/drills for you to work on through the week. I am also able to photo and video your stroke for immediate feedback. Clients range in age from 19 to 65, and I have coached all distances ranging from 350m to 8km.

-1 on 1 coaching: open water swimming and plant-based nutrition.
-Individualized training programs and workouts for your level to directly target and reach your goals.
-Learn proper streamline, breathing, stroke, kicking, sighting, flip-turns, open water skills, technique, and race strategy.
-Develop a strong feel for the water. You will be swimming smoother, faster and more efficiently after your first session.
-Online e-mail/Skype distance coaching is available too!
-Access to THE SHARK TANK; private 75m (150m loop or 300m SUPER LOOP!) open water spring-fed pool located 25 mins north of Oshawa.
-100% plant-based nutrition plans customized for endurance athletes. This can be the most powerful aspect of your training and success in racing.

CERTIFICATIONS/EXPERIENCE

-NCCP Swim Coach
-Competitive Open Water swimmer
-Vegan Athlete: 100% plant-based
-15+ years personal training, fitness and sports nutrition
-Advanced & Rescue SCUBA/Shark Diver
-NLS Lifeguard, CPR/AED & 1st Aid

CONTACT

Talk: 905.809.4781
Facebook: facebook.com/LateralLineAquaticTraining
Instagram: lateral_line
LinkedIn: linkedin.com/in/toddcameron74

"Water responds to streamline, technique, rhythm, and power. Find your LATERAL LINE." ~Coach T

2014-05-18 7:05 PM
in reply to: CoachT

User image

Subject: RE: Open Water swim coaching: Toronto & GTA, London ON, and Florida (winter)
The first OWS of the season in Ontario is 2 weeks away! 1k, 2k, and 4k 2XU held by Runners Life in Sandy Lake near Peterborough. Sun June 1st - I will be there with 70.3 and IM clients and likely jumping in myself. Going to try out the new TRISWIM wetsuit by ARENA Swimwear. Weather is going to warm up locally fast now, shouldn't be too cold. (64F in 2012 and 61F in 2013.)

Passed 2200km on my 2300km Swim for Sharks swim distance challenge this weekend; about 96km to go!
2014-07-13 2:45 PM
in reply to: CoachT

User image

Subject: RE: Open Water swim coaching: Toronto & GTA
UPDATES:

-New website! http://www.lateral-line.org
-New nutrition client: CDN Olympic hopeful for Rio 2016: 10km open water. Narrowly missed London 2012. Overall win @ 15km race; July 12th/2014.
-New testimonials on my site.
-I will be in Perth, Western Australia from Dec 1st, 2014 to Feb 1st, 2015 available for coaching; open water swim and plant-based nutrition.

I am a competitive open water swimmer and swim coach based out of Toronto, Canada. Very passionate about swimming, specifically open water and plant-based nutrition. 1 on 1 private coaching; you will learn and progress fast. There are secrets to fast swimming. Building my business, reputation and very successful client base. All tri/OWS levels; total beginner/novice to IM Worlds Kona.

LATERAL LINE: Unique sensory system of sharks that give them a strong advantage in the water...

LATERAL LINE AQUATIC TRAINING focuses on proper technique and training programs for endurance and speed in open water swimming. Learn the skills and conditioning for confidence and success in races. This includes comprehensive dryland programs sport specific to swimming faster; strength/power, flexibility/mobility, and core. The nutritional aspect is often missing from swim training/triathlon/endurance programs of all levels; LLAT has a strong focus, emphasis, knowledge and experience with 100% plant-based nutrition for performance, recovery, and overall health.

Coaching sessions are at a semi-private 25m pool in Oshawa. I also coach at any pool of your choice in the GTA during lane swim hours; rates will increase depending on location/travel time; I am based out of Oshawa.

Coaching is purchased in blocks of four 1-hr private lessons. I recommend doing 1 session a week and I provide a custom designed workout with focus work/drills for you to work on through the week. I am also able to photo and video your stroke topside and U/W for immediate feedback - Go Pro Hero 3+. Clients range in age from 19 to 65, and I have coached all distances ranging from 350m to 8km.

-1 on 1 coaching: open water swimming and plant-based nutrition.
-Individualized training programs and workouts for your level to directly target and reach your goals.
-Learn proper streamline, breathing, stroke, kicking, sighting, flip-turns, open water skills, technique, and race strategy.
-Develop a strong feel for the water. You will be swimming smoother, faster and more efficiently after your first session.
-Online e-mail/Skype distance coaching is available too!
-Access to THE SHARK TANK; private 75m (150m loop or 300m SUPER LOOP!) open water spring-fed pool located 25 mins north of Oshawa.
-100% plant-based nutrition plans customized for endurance athletes. This can be the most powerful aspect of your training and success in racing.

CERTIFICATIONS/EXPERIENCE

-NCCP Swim Coach
-Competitive Open Water swimmer
-Vegan Athlete: 100% plant-based
-15+ years personal training, fitness and sports nutrition
-Advanced & Rescue SCUBA/Shark Diver
-NLS Lifeguard, CPR/AED & 1st Aid

CONTACT

http://www.lateral-line.org
Facebook: facebook.com/LateralLineAquaticTraining
Instagram: lateral_line

"Water responds to streamline, technique, rhythm, and power. Find your LATERAL LINE." ~Coach T
New Thread
Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » Open Water swim coaching: Toronto & GTA, London ON, and Florida (winter) Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Open Water Swim in Windsor/Essex County?

Started by thelastmusicman
Views: 1892 Posts: 3

2013-04-04 12:41 PM tabbs

Zoot open water swim

Started by jaycee6
Views: 1585 Posts: 3

2012-06-01 3:12 PM ontrack

Favorite Open Water Swim locations west of Toronto

Started by mgalanter
Views: 4202 Posts: 8

2009-07-26 9:18 PM mshanks

Open water swim - how to overcome fear???

Started by tabbs
Views: 6633 Posts: 13

2012-07-03 10:39 AM juniperjen

OPEN WATER SWIM

Started by tabbs
Views: 2137 Posts: 24

2008-06-10 4:42 PM Invigilator
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 12, 2014
author : TeamMPI
comments : 1
The majority of new triathletes see the open water swim as their biggest stumbling block. Here are four steps to help you have a better swim experience in your first (or next) triathlon.

date : June 14, 2012
author : IndoIronYanti
comments : 4
MAPS is Meditation, Acclimatization, Practice, and Strategy, which are key for giving you the confidence and skills to execute the open-water swim in a triathlon well.
date : September 15, 2011
comments : 0
Don't be scared for the swim! Gain more confidence for your open water swims with these tips

date : August 12, 2010
author : 10Kswim.com
comments : 2
Learn what the world's best open water swimmers look for, think about and do during a world-class open water swim and it's implications for triathletes looking to improve the swim leg of their race.
date : October 29, 2008
author : Tri Swim Coach
Triathlon swim training discussions on the pull, open water swimming all year, winter swim focus, bilateral breathing during a race and Ironman swim training in 6 weeks.

date : July 8, 2008
author : ggwellness
comments : 11
Confessions of an open water chicken. I'm OK when the water is clear and the creatures are visible; it's just when I can't see them that the panic sets in.
date : September 3, 2006
author : TriDDS
comments : 1
Stroke after stroke, my pace was pulling me out into the middle of the lake quickly. The cover seemed to be getting thicker. But still in the distance, the little boathouse was my lighthouse.

date : June 6, 2006
author : marmadaddy
The DVD assumes little-to-no experience with competitive swimming and starts off in the pool citing the need to build confidence in a controlled environment.