General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Swimming Headphone?? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-05-12 4:40 AM

User image

Regular
, Ohio
Subject: Swimming Headphone??
Has anyone used either the Waterfi or Underwater Audio iPod shuffle systems? I am in the market for a swimming-compatible music solution and have gravitated towards one of these rather than H2O Audio.

Amazon Links:

Waterfi: http://www.amazon.com/Waterfi-Waterproof-Apple-Shuffle-Headphones/d...

Underwater Audio: http://www.amazon.com/Underwater-Audio-Waterproof-Bundle-Slate/dp/B...

2014-05-12 12:28 PM
in reply to: lanzodt

User image

Master
Western MA near the VT & NH border on the CT river
Subject: RE: Swimming Headphone??

I have one of these and love it (especially the price $30)  The random feature doesnt work that well, but its like a flash drive so its easy to change your music around.  Charge lasts a long time too.  The headphones that came with it are alright.  I had a pair from a a different set up that I use.

mp3

http://www.ebay.com/itm/8GB-1-0-inch-LCD-Screen-Waterproof-FM-Radio-MP3-Player-For-Swimming-Water-Sports-/121338486918

2014-05-12 12:54 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Extreme Veteran
Media, PA
Subject: RE: Swimming Headphone??
I have the Waterfi Shuffle, it worked great for about 9 months, then the battery started to die between swims.

The buttons on the device are definitely "stiff" as the instructions state, but they still work. I can adjust the volume, skip, etc right while I'm swimming.

The earbuds that came with it included several different sized rubber thingies. What I noticed is that getting a good seal is important, since once a bit of water gets in there, and covers the transducer, the sounds dies. I found the right size, but also had to shove them in pretty deep. This is however a very personal, individual fit kind of thing, so you may be fine with the stock earbuds. I replaced the earbuds with a different set that have been working better, after the wire got damaged, and they were out of warranty.

The battery issue seems to be something inside the device, since it runs fine once it's fully charged. It just doesn't hold a charge overnight, so I would have to plug it in every night before swimming. I used to get a couple weeks out of it before, swimming 2 - 3 times/week.

It has a two year warranty, and after emailing them, they gave me instructions on sending it back for repair/replacement. Just sent it out last week, so we'll see how that goes.

I use mine on shuffle, and have also done playlists. I just don't use iTunes that much but 2 GB seems to be enough to get me through swims. So much so that I can't go back now, must have music to swim!

While I have nothing to compare this to, I would still recommend it, especially over a waterproof case.

Edited by tcj103 2014-05-12 12:59 PM
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Swimming Headphone?? Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Headphones while swimming?

Started by erin1621
Views: 2827 Posts: 9

2012-12-24 9:51 PM TriGuyBri

Know of any good ipod headphones?

Started by ifocus
Views: 665 Posts: 10

2006-08-01 1:27 PM KenyonTri

Know of any good ipod headphones?

Started by ifocus
Views: 508 Posts: 2

2006-08-01 2:55 PM caius

what kind of headphones do you use??

Started by waskelton
Views: 700 Posts: 3

2005-07-18 9:47 PM waskelton

headphones

Started by carriepalmtree
Views: 915 Posts: 9

2005-07-02 7:03 AM Peanut
RELATED ARTICLES
date : September 2, 2004
author : Michael
comments : 0
If you are going to do a triathlon, you need to know at least some of the basic rules that can keep you from getting hurt or hurting someone else.