General Discussion Triathlon Talk » 4th of July weekend training in Kirkland area Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-05-14 1:43 PM

User image

Redmond, Oregon
Subject: 4th of July weekend training in Kirkland area
My husband and I will be visiting his mom that lives in Kirkland over the 4th and I'll need to get in a 10-11 mile run while we're there, I'd also like to get a open water swim in, if possible. For my run I thought it would be nice to run on a paved path that my husband and his mom would be able to ride bikes on. She has a recumbent exercise bike and is wanting to purchase a recumbent trike, does anyone know of a place that rents recumbent trikes or trikes, her balance isn't the best, they don't have to be anything fancy, just a fun easy bike. Any suggestions on the best place to run in the Kirkland vicinity, I was thinking maybe head to Marymoor Park, unless there's a rental facility located by a different path. Where can you do open water swimming that's not limited a small swim area? If there's a paddleboard/kayak rental nearby my husband would paddle next to me while I swim.

Thanks for any suggestions!

2014-05-20 3:58 PM
in reply to: trierjen

User image

Subject: RE: 4th of July weekend training in Kirkland area
The Sammamish River trail is a nice level paved path. It runs from Redmond to Woodinville. You don't have to go all the way to Marymoor, there are several places you can park along the trail.

Kirkland is on Lake Washington. I haven't done much open water swimming yet (just getting started) but Juanita Beach Park at the north end of Kirkland has a public beach. I think they have paddleboard and/or Kayak Rentals near Juanita Beach Park - at least on the weekends. I suspect there are better places - hopefully one of the more experienced locals with jump in with better options.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » 4th of July weekend training in Kirkland area Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Ocean Shores Big Weekend - 4th of July Weekend!

Started by lifejustice
Views: 974 Posts: 1

2012-11-07 10:37 AM lifejustice

Bellevue/Kirkland Area Swim Coaches?

Started by Wert
Views: 1423 Posts: 2

2011-10-27 11:32 PM KauaiShan

Kirkland area

Started by popsracer
Views: 2270 Posts: 12

2010-12-08 12:49 PM Fit4Infinity

Firecracker Race July 4th!!!

Started by Wedjos1
Views: 1516 Posts: 4

2009-06-24 5:27 PM bel83

Niketown 5k and Kirkland Half this weekend

Started by runrachierun
Views: 1455 Posts: 13

2008-05-13 3:53 PM Medusa_Ann
RELATED ARTICLES
date : October 7, 2008
author : mrakes1
comments : 3
Learn how to top off your muscles with energy during your race weekend taper! Carbo-load correctly and alleviate the possibility of GI distress by choosing the correct foods and when to eat them.

date : June 4, 2008
author : mikericci
comments : 2
Don't know how to setup your triathlon transition area? We cover everything from wetsuit tips, bike check, nutrition, shoes, equipment placement to actual race day execution.
date : May 5, 2008
author : TriPainter
comments : 1
I went into the pool area (as this was a pool swim) and got body marked. That's when it hit me that I was there to race - this was not a clinic.

date : January 15, 2008
author : MLT1
comments : 4
The triathletes really inspired me. I watched them in awe as childlike thoughts went through my head like, "I want to do that!" But then reality set in. “Who are you kidding?
date : June 21, 2006
author : Ron
comments : 0
A few trathletes at a local race setup their transition area.

date : June 21, 2006
author : Ron
The transition area gets busy real fast!
date : September 2, 2004
author : Michael
comments : 1
How to properly and effectively lay out your triathlon transition area.

date : August 31, 2004
author : smeeko
How to fit in a running workout in 30 minutes or less for a busy lifestyle