BT Mentor Program 2014 Beginner Triathlete Mentor Program » Beer Drinker Accountability/Appreciation Society - Open Rss Feed  
Moderators: Ron Reply
Show Per page

of 49

2014-09-20 10:53 PM
in reply to: b2b14

User image

Veteran
Illinois
Subject: RE: Beer Drinker Accountability/Appreciation Society - Open
Originally posted by b2b14

Welcome Steve.

So I am running a race this coming Saturday in Wilmington. I signed up so I could do some training in Wilmington and maybe get in a practice swim for the half. What I realized today is that I will be doing almost the exact same swim as the half (1500 meters of it) in the same water using the same T1 and the bike course has some overlap. That should be a large confidence booster. I will even be staying at the same hotel.

I did the same thing for IMWI. They run the Madison Open Water Swim - it was a two loop swim instead of one loop, but was really great. I went and road two loops of the bike course afterward, in 95 degree heat (my cleats left imprints in the fresh asphalt). Significant confidence boost.

2014-09-21 7:34 AM
in reply to: mirthfuldragon

User image

Subject: RE: Beer Drinker Accountability/Appreciation Society - Open
Wow, a short 2 mile run a week ago, a 2200 yd swim Wednesday and a 20 miler on the bike Thursday - that's it since my August 30th race. I'm trying to get a running race or two on the schedule but every weekend for the next few weeks is taken up with either soccer or football with the kids - which is great (love watching them play) but boy does it wreck me mentally on motivation to get out the door. A friend has sent a bunch of races a group is looking to do this fall and literally every weekend is occupied. I think they have written me off at this point. The half mary is now off the plate in October as that is the first kid-sport-free weekend we have and the hubby frowned a little at having me go to MA for a race. I think this is when mental toughness and discipline is built. I think Monday I'll join the new climbing gym and get my climb on (my all-time favorite sport in the world) and get some endorphins back.
Off to church and maybe a bike ride this afternoon while the boys watch football and make chili.
New Thread
BT Mentor Program 2014 Beginner Triathlete Mentor Program » Beer Drinker Accountability/Appreciation Society - Open Rss Feed  
Show Per page

of 49

RELATED POSTS

Slornow and Wannabefaster's Summer Group-CLOSED Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45

Started by slornow
Views: 16844 Posts: 1125

2014-09-21 10:59 AM WoodrowCall

Jim Kelley's (Birkierunner) General and Long Course Group (Open) Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9

Started by Birkierunner
Views: 6774 Posts: 212

2014-09-16 7:57 PM Birkierunner

Huntersville-Concord Mentor Group - OPEN

Started by wsandford
Views: 17 Posts: 1

2014-01-13 2:24 PM wsandford

Playmobil31's Group - Open

Started by playmobil31
Views: 33 Posts: 1

2011-12-18 3:37 PM playmobil31
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 12, 2014
author : TeamMPI
comments : 1
The majority of new triathletes see the open water swim as their biggest stumbling block. Here are four steps to help you have a better swim experience in your first (or next) triathlon.

date : June 14, 2012
author : IndoIronYanti
comments : 4
MAPS is Meditation, Acclimatization, Practice, and Strategy, which are key for giving you the confidence and skills to execute the open-water swim in a triathlon well.
date : September 15, 2011
comments : 0
Don't be scared for the swim! Gain more confidence for your open water swims with these tips

date : September 2, 2010
author : mrakes1
comments : 0
Discussions on balanced meals, recommended amount of protein, losing weight for an Ironman, is pizza good? and beer as a recovery drink.