Overcast
Total Time = 00m
Overall Rank = DNF/
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

I was up at 3:45 and had breakfast.
Event warmup:

Not much. Had to stand shivering in the cold for 30 minutes before the race started.
Run
  • 00m
  • 1 kms
  •  min/km
Comments:

This was a short run in lieu of a swim due to the water temperature being 52°F. We had a pre-race briefing on the beach and stood in the cold for 30 minutes before the start of the race. No chance for a decent warm-up.
Transition 1
  • 01m 30s
Comments:

Somebody rearranged my transition and and it took me a bit to find my stuff. That took a bit of time.
Bike
  • 1h 30m 8s
  • 40 kms
  • 26.63 km/hr
Comments:

I started out fine but it was cold. My HR monitor was not recording accurately for most of the race. I wasn't out of breath, but my legs were feeling a bit tired. I had been fighting a cold all week and I think it was affecting me. The disaster occurred at around the half way point. People were widely spaced along the course and at one intersection, there were people going in opposite directions. The deputy sheriff at the intersection I think got confused and sent me and one other guy in the wrong direction. We ended up going 1.5 miles in the wrong direction. I was hoping for a chance to qualify for the age group nationals, which I did last year at this race, but there was not chance of this. I decided it was better for my training plan to quit after the bike so I could continue with my normal training tomorrow.
Transition 2
  • 00m
Run
  • 00m
  • 6.2 kms
  •  min/km
Post race
Warm down:

Nothing

Event comments:

I can't really rate the race this year since I didn't finish. Having the county sheriff send me in the wrong direction on the bike was a total bummer.

Profile Album

Last updated: 2014-02-15 12:00 AM
Running
00:00:00 | 01 kms |  min/km
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance:
Course: Started on the beach and ran up the stairs and then a short out and back on the trails. it was just enough to get a bit warmer before getting on the bike.
Keeping cool Drinking
T1
Time: 01:30
Overall: Average
Run with bike? Average
Jump on bike? Average
Getting up to speed and into shoes: Good
Biking
01:30:08 | 40 kms | 26.63 km/hr
Performance:
Due to cold, my HR monitor was not reading accurately for a good portion of the race. It was way off for at least the first 10 minutes of the ride. As I progressed through the ride, my HR was stabilizing.
Wind: Some with gusts
Course:
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence:
Turns: Below average Cornering: Average
Gear changes: Good Hills: Average
Race pace: Hard Drinks:
T2
Time: 00:00
Overall:
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
00:00:00 | 06.2 kms |  min/km
Performance:
Course:
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Pokagon State Park Triathlon 2014 Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Pokagon State Park Triathlon 2014

Started by
Views: 466 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 7:16 AM
RELATED ARTICLES
date : October 13, 2013
author : alicefoeller
comments : 0
CGI’s headline races are the New Jersey State Triathlon and Black Bear, which is a half-iron and Olympic distance race in the Poconos in early June. We interview the race director, Michelle Redrow.

date : February 29, 2012
author : sarals
Unforeseen challenges make for a compelling race.
date : February 22, 2011
author : shaunjamison
comments : 1
Ups and downs race report from the Lakes to Pines Sprint Triathlon by a master's aged newbie.

date : September 16, 2010
author : LifterCatcher
comments : 3
As the fog cleared, the buoy that I first saw earlier in the morning was just the first marker in a very long line of buoys that stretched across the lake like a runway for a 747 jetliner.
date : March 17, 2008
author : Yosel20
At first I thought, "Oh boy, what a mistake!" Let’s face it, I could barely run half a mile, I had not swum in forever, and my biking skills were not great, to say the least.

date : December 3, 2007
author : Team BT
Complete course preview of the New Jersey State triathlon featuring a Sprint and a Olympic distance race. Mark your calendars!
date : October 17, 2004
author : jhealy422
My sister warned me about being used as a launch ramp by faster swimmers but much to my surprise I was the one swimming over those in front of me. I went around one woman, then another.

date : September 2, 2004
author : Michael
Are you only focusing on racing and training this season?  Volunteeri to help at a triathlon!