BT Development Mentor Program Archives » SBR Utopia ~~~~ Permanently OPEN!! Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 114

2015-01-05 1:24 PM
in reply to: axteraa

User image

Master
...at home in The ATL
Subject: RE: SBR Utopia ~~~~ Permanently OPEN!!

Originally posted by axteraa

I've got that W' graph setup in GoldenCheetah as well and it's a pretty darn good predictor of failure.  I've never set it up ahead of time to see when it suggest I will fail but if I'm doing a workout and I get to the end of the 4th interval of 5 and feel totally wiped and struggle on the 5th, I generally see W' dipping pretty close to 0 at that point.  I've been able to push it negative when doing intervals in the 15-30s range (not so much in the longer stuff like 2-4 mins) lately so I suspect the next round of testing will result in some changes.

Got. To. Resist. Downloading. Golden. Cheetah. Today. Too. Much. Work. To. Do.

2015-01-05 1:34 PM
in reply to: TankBoy

User image

Elite
PEI, Canada

There are pretty graphs Rusty.....

(w1.jpg)

(w2.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
w1.jpg (91KB - 16 downloads)
w2.jpg (144KB - 18 downloads)
2015-01-05 1:38 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Originally posted by TankBoy

I've got that W' graph setup in GoldenCheetah as well and it's a pretty darn good predictor of failure.  I've never set it up ahead of time to see when it suggest I will fail but if I'm doing a workout and I get to the end of the 4th interval of 5 and feel totally wiped and struggle on the 5th, I generally see W' dipping pretty close to 0 at that point.  I've been able to push it negative when doing intervals in the 15-30s range (not so much in the longer stuff like 2-4 mins) lately so I suspect the next round of testing will result in some changes.

Resist. Wait a few weeks. The 3.11 builds will be out with....swimming and running.....
2015-01-05 1:41 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran

Are you doing 1 leg drills ?

You should get a Stages :-)
2015-01-05 1:43 PM
in reply to: marcag

User image

Elite
PEI, Canada

Originally posted by marcag

Are you doing 1 leg drills ? You should get a Stages :-)

I'd be a monster with a Stages!  All I really need to do is drop my cadence to about 85 and I flip over to my right leg.

2015-01-05 1:48 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran

I'd be a monster with a Stages!  All I really need to do is drop my cadence to about 85 and I flip over to my right leg.

For those that don't get the joke, Arend's chart has a line in the middle with some fuzz on the top of it.
It's showing his L/R balance is skewed to the left leg

If you look at my chart, it shows that at first I am right dominant during warm up. In the hard intervals, I'm not bad, but at the end of the workout, when fatigued I am left dominant.

This shows why a Stages is not as accurate. Our L/R balance varies with fatigue, power, cadence and day.

2015-01-05 2:33 PM

User image

Master
Mechanicsburg, PA

NEW THREAD! NEW THREAD!

How are we EVER going to catch up with the Mantees if we keep this one open????

Yeah! Rusty you didn't miss it.....

Looks like Jim (Birkierunner) and Ryan (Ryan Mac) are doing their groups as well. Hope they will still join us.

You Guys with your power and your charts......Its simple go until your chest hurts and you cant breath then recovery and repeat.

Disclosure for any trolls...its a joke.
2015-01-05 2:36 PM

User image

Master
Mechanicsburg, PA

For those that don't get the joke, Arend's chart has a line in the middle with some fuzz on the top of it.

If you look at my chart, it shows that at first I am right dominant during warm up. In the hard intervals, I'm not bad, but at the end of the workout, when fatigued I am left dominant.

This shows why a Stages is not as accurate. Our L/R balance varies with fatigue, power, cadence and day.

You know I never though about that with stages. Using the spin scan I see that as well. Not as a graph but a variance. If i watch the spin scan I can correct it and become even.

2015-01-05 2:39 PM

User image

Master
...at home in The ATL

Resist. Wait a few weeks. The 3.11 builds will be out with....swimming and running.....

whew, thanks Marc. Arend is just trying to get me fired.

2015-01-05 2:40 PM
in reply to: BrotherTri

User image

Extreme Veteran
Originally posted by BrotherTri

You know I never though about that with stages. Using the spin scan I see that as well. Not as a graph but a variance. If i watch the spin scan I can correct it and become even.

With a stages, if you are doing 200 watts and you are 55/45... well you aren't doing 200 watts, You are really doing 182 watts. 100 from your left, 82 from your right.
2015-01-05 2:41 PM

User image

Master
...at home in The ATL
And the worst part is I am actually still off work until next week, but have a long list of projects to get finished up around the house before I head back to work. So when I say "Fired" what I actually mean is "Divorced."

2015-01-05 8:25 PM
in reply to: BrotherTri

User image

Pro
Wisconsin near the Twin Cities metro

Originally posted by BrotherTri

NEW THREAD! NEW THREAD!

How are we EVER going to catch up with the Mantees if we keep this one open????

Yeah! Rusty you didn't miss it..... Looks like Jim (Birkierunner) and Ryan (Ryan Mac) are doing their groups as well. Hope they will still join us. You Guys with your power and your charts......Its simple go until your chest hurts and you cant breath then recovery and repeat. Disclosure for any trolls...its a joke.

I will definitely still pop in on this group if you folks don't mind. Not that I've been a big contributor in the past.  I'm keeping my group open since it always seems to peeter out after a few weeks and then you re-open to get the discussions going again.  So, I'll just keep it open for the duration.  Looking forward to discussions in 2015

2015-01-07 8:32 AM
in reply to: Birkierunner

User image

Elite
Ontario

Going to try hopping back on with the group again - failed miserably the first time, but we'll see if I can make this stick.  Need to get back into the good habits, but where I've been able to focus mostly on Tri as my one hobby/indulgence I know find myself splitting my time (dedicating lately) to home projects and these are not just taking up my time, but really taking up a big chunk of focus as well.  It's clearly showing through that I'm fine when dedicating myself to one thing, but multi-tasking at a high level is not something I've very adept at.

GC 3.11 - going to wait for it and try to get everything working again.  My current version stopped syncing to my PT and I can't figure out why, but the addition of run and swim would be pretty cool.

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » SBR Utopia ~~~~ Permanently OPEN!! Rss Feed  

of 114

RELATED POSTS

Baowolf's Fun In the Sun Mentor Group (OPEN) Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30

Started by Baowolf
Views: 37213 Posts: 743

2015-03-16 2:42 AM scubabrad02

Baowolf's fun in the sun Mentor Group (Open)

Started by Baowolf
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 1:30 AM Baowolf

Manatee Monkey Mentors SHUT (Poptart or pet pic bribes considered) Pages: 1 ... 97 98 99 100

Started by IndoIronYanti
Views: 72636 Posts: 2488

2014-07-30 9:43 AM IndoIronYanti
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 12, 2014
author : TeamMPI
comments : 1
The majority of new triathletes see the open water swim as their biggest stumbling block. Here are four steps to help you have a better swim experience in your first (or next) triathlon.

date : June 14, 2012
author : IndoIronYanti
comments : 4
MAPS is Meditation, Acclimatization, Practice, and Strategy, which are key for giving you the confidence and skills to execute the open-water swim in a triathlon well.
date : September 15, 2011
comments : 0
Don't be scared for the swim! Gain more confidence for your open water swims with these tips

date : September 25, 2007
author : Tri Swim Coach
comments : 0
Discussion on sinking hips, balance drills, open water freak-out, best breathing for open water swimming and head position.