BT Mentor Program 2014 Beginner Triathlete Mentor Program » SBR Utopia ~~~~ Permanently OPEN!! Rss Feed  
Moderators: Ron Reply
Show Per page

of 63

2014-09-19 5:29 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Master
Mechanicsburg, PA
Subject: RE: SBR Utopia ~~~~ Permanently OPEN!!
Originally posted by TankBoyAnd just a quick rules clarification: isn't there some sort of statute of limitations on writing race reports? Aren't we still waiting on them from Marc, Neil, and Chris?
Hope you are not waiting on my race reports. I only ever done one just because it was TRULY a epic race........ Btw no race for me this weekend. I got sick, now just fighting it off. Ran ez yesterday and I hurt bad but felt good during and right after. Then an hour or so got super dizzy. So definitely pulled from the race. Don't need that barreling through the New Jersey countryside.

Edited by BrotherTri 2014-09-19 5:36 AM

2014-09-19 7:50 AM
in reply to: BrotherTri

User image

Extreme Veteran
Bronze member
Originally posted by BrotherTri

Originally posted by TankBoyAnd just a quick rules clarification: isn't there some sort of statute of limitations on writing race reports? Aren't we still waiting on them from Marc, Neil, and Chris?
Hope you are not waiting on my race reports. I only ever done one just because it was TRULY a epic race........ Btw no race for me this weekend. I got sick, now just fighting it off. Ran ez yesterday and I hurt bad but felt good during and right after. Then an hour or so got super dizzy. So definitely pulled from the race. Don't need that barreling through the New Jersey countryside.

x2.

I am less inclined to do race reports. I do write up notes afterwards especially about nutrition and pacing.

Maybe in the future. I am more inclined to blog them at this point. Maybe if I have an epic race in the near future.
It was a great learning year, less of a results year.

I wrote up my 2014/2015 plan last week

2014-09-19 7:57 AM
in reply to: TankBoy

User image

Elite
Ontario

Originally posted by TankBoy And just a quick rules clarification: isn't there some sort of statute of limitations on writing race reports? Aren't we still waiting on them from Marc, Neil, and Chris?

Agreed - I am woefully behind on this race report.  Need/want to get it done. I like having them online at BT as I can go back and reread them in the future.

2014-09-19 8:02 AM
in reply to: GoFaster

User image

Elite
Ontario

Medical advice needed - a couple of weeks before the HIM I injured my left leg during a long run.  So for the past 3+ weeks I've had some pain/discomfort every time I put pressure on the leg, walk upstairs, run, etc.  My first run since the HIM a couple of days ago ended quickly as the leg got aggravated really fast and I knew I was doing myself no good.  Biking is not an issue, I assume because of no impact (I actually just a PB for the 20min test yesterday!).

Based on my googling of anatomy images, I'm fairly certain that the pain is focused on the greater trochanter.  Thoughts or recommendations on how to work this out?  Like I said, I took 10 days after the HIM before trying a run and knew within 7-8min that I was in trouble, so rest on it's own didn't seem to do much.

2014-09-19 8:08 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Extreme Veteran
Bronze member
Originally posted by GoFaster
Thoughts or recommendations on how to work this out? 

Get a good physio/dr/chiro....to diagnose it and go from there.

Guessing on the source of the problem means treating by trial and error and will result in a lot of lost time. Been there....all summer.

How far are you from Toronto ?

Edited by marcag 2014-09-19 8:09 AM
2014-09-19 8:52 AM
in reply to: marcag

User image

Master
Mechanicsburg, PA
Originally posted by marcag
Originally posted by GoFasterThoughts or recommendations on how to work this out? 
Get a good physio/dr/chiro....to diagnose it and go from there. Guessing on the source of the problem means treating by trial and error and will result in a lot of lost time. Been there....all summer. How far are you from Toronto ?
X2 most excellent advice.You could be dealing with a major issue. Often injuries are totally opposite of what we think they are.

2014-09-19 9:59 AM
in reply to: marcag

User image

Elite
Ontario

Originally posted by GoFaster Thoughts or recommendations on how to work this out? 
Get a good physio/dr/chiro....to diagnose it and go from there. Guessing on the source of the problem means treating by trial and error and will result in a lot of lost time. Been there....all summer. How far are you from Toronto ?

Not too far from Toronto that I couldn't make the busy drive if it was worth it.  Do you have a recommendation?

2014-09-19 12:36 PM
in reply to: GoFaster

User image

Extreme Veteran
Bronze member
Originally posted by GoFaster

Originally posted by GoFaster Thoughts or recommendations on how to work this out? 

Not too far from Toronto that I couldn't make the busy drive if it was worth it.  Do you have a recommendation?

I don't but Scott71 is from Toronto and I would trust his opinion. He was in our power mentor group.

2014-09-19 6:30 PM
in reply to: BrotherTri

User image

Master

That's pretty much the same with me... I guess I sort of avoid the race report spotlight.  Although I probably should write one up about New Zealand because that's a race every IM racer should put on their calendar *someday* if possible.

2014-09-19 11:50 PM
in reply to: spudone

User image

Originally posted by spudone

That's pretty much the same with me... I guess I sort of avoid the race report spotlight.  Although I probably should write one up about New Zealand because that's a race every IM racer should put on their calendar *someday* if possible.

I like to write them.  They're more for myself, though, and like Neil i go back now and then and review them.  Also since many of the races are also trips, it's a reminder of that as well

2014-09-21 8:39 AM
in reply to: ChrisM

User image

Elite
Ontario

We got nailed with some seriously heavy rain this morning.  Radar seems to show that it hopefully went through Niagara a little earlier - around transition setup time.  Hope Arend stays relatively dry.

New Thread
BT Mentor Program 2014 Beginner Triathlete Mentor Program » SBR Utopia ~~~~ Permanently OPEN!! Rss Feed  
Show Per page

of 63

RELATED POSTS

Baowolf's Fun In the Sun Mentor Group (OPEN) Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24

Started by Baowolf
Views: 10778 Posts: 577

2014-09-21 2:21 PM squirt

Baowolf's fun in the sun Mentor Group (Open)

Started by Baowolf
Views: 4 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 1:30 AM Baowolf

Manatee Monkey Mentors SHUT (Poptart or pet pic bribes considered) Pages: 1 ... 97 98 99 100

Started by IndoIronYanti
Views: 29839 Posts: 2488

2014-07-30 9:43 AM IndoIronYanti

Huntersville-Concord Mentor Group - OPEN

Started by wsandford
Views: 17 Posts: 1

2014-01-13 2:24 PM wsandford
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 12, 2014
author : TeamMPI
comments : 1
The majority of new triathletes see the open water swim as their biggest stumbling block. Here are four steps to help you have a better swim experience in your first (or next) triathlon.

date : June 14, 2012
author : IndoIronYanti
comments : 4
MAPS is Meditation, Acclimatization, Practice, and Strategy, which are key for giving you the confidence and skills to execute the open-water swim in a triathlon well.
date : September 15, 2011
comments : 0
Don't be scared for the swim! Gain more confidence for your open water swims with these tips

date : September 25, 2007
author : Tri Swim Coach
comments : 0
Discussion on sinking hips, balance drills, open water freak-out, best breathing for open water swimming and head position.