BT Mentor Program 2014 Beginner Triathlete Mentor Program » SBR Utopia ~~~~ Permanently OPEN!! Rss Feed  
Moderators: Ron Reply
Show Per page

of 78

2014-10-25 11:39 AM
in reply to: Fred D

User image

Master
Mechanicsburg, PA
Subject: RE: SBR Utopia ~~~~ Permanently OPEN!!
Originally posted by Fred D

Continuing my mild swim focus... like most of you I find that one day I swim much better than the next. Working on a lot of things in the water, including my super slow flip turns.

I have a swim workout designed by my 12 yo this am, and then a long ride into the central PA mountains this pm.

Thread seems a bit quiet, but likely related to time of year... and a few actual good threads in TT.

I changed my focus to nothing.........I need to come up with a better plan for next year. I think my IM build will only be 4 months.

2014-10-25 11:44 AM
in reply to: marcag

User image

Master
Mechanicsburg, PA
Originally posted by marcag

In other SBR equipment news :-)...I sold my Powertap wheel. I had it on my road bike and my Quarq on my tri bike

I may try a Vector S and see if I like that

The pain cave is progressing. I have electricity and heating.

I am thinking about selling my Felt and 808's and getting this http://www.bmc-racing.com/us-en/bikes/road/platform/aero/timemachin... with Vector PM. I may not do power because just feel the learning curve may not work out. Than bike is definitely on my radar and it will have fat clincher tires.
2014-10-25 11:45 AM

Master
Northern IL

*I* think there is more to the story.

My inner sources are telling me that Starky is truly upset about how things came off and has a very positive (admiring) opinion of Sanders.

I think TRS is a P.O.S. personally and gets people in trouble (through their own words)... but this is not the first time TRS has got someone in trouble with sponsors, etc.

I've had a funny feeling about the situation as well, and have held off on doing/thinking anything yet. Seeing what else comes out.

2014-10-25 11:58 AM

User image

Master
Mechanicsburg, PA

Lastly, I ended up achieving All American in M40-44 this year. Very happy with that, and truthfully if IMMT was in Merica' then I would have moved up some more. We will see what M45-49 brings next year ;-)

Congratulations!

Although USAT ranking will not be finalized until Feb-Mar 2016, I am sure your standing will hold. I am also currently ranked AA but I highly doubt it will holed. I just hope I can hold onto Honorable Mention.
2014-10-25 12:13 PM
in reply to: BrotherTri

User image

Extreme Veteran
Bronze member
Originally posted by BrotherTri

In other SBR equipment news :-)...I sold my Powertap wheel. I had it on my road bike and my Quarq on my tri bike

I am thinking about selling my Felt and 808's and getting this http://www.bmc-racing.com/us-en/bikes/road/platform/aero/timemachin... with Vector PM. I may not do power because just feel the learning curve may not work out. Than bike is definitely on my radar and it will have fat clincher tires.

Dats my bike :-) But with the blue trim.

While I think it's a cool looking bike, I would bet it has no aero advantage over yours.
2014-10-25 12:15 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Champion
Happy Valley

Originally posted by brigby1

*I* think there is more to the story.

My inner sources are telling me that Starky is truly upset about how things came off and has a very positive (admiring) opinion of Sanders.

I think TRS is a P.O.S. personally and gets people in trouble (through their own words)... but this is not the first time TRS has got someone in trouble with sponsors, etc.

I've had a funny feeling about the situation as well, and have held off on doing/thinking anything yet. Seeing what else comes out.

Part of me feels bad for starting the thread in ST, however AS stated what he stated and he has to be responsible for his words. I am on LS FB page and I don't think LS took it all as a 'joke'. Additionally, the number of respectable folks who think that TRS is all about joking etc, fail to realized Andrew said what he said, and that it WAS NOT TRS who said the things he did.

I think I wish I had not started the thread, but then again, I was't the guy saying the Sh.t that Starky was saying, so it's not really my issue to feel much guilt over...

Edited by Fred D 2014-10-25 12:19 PM

2014-10-25 12:16 PM

User image

Champion
Happy Valley

Continuing my mild swim focus... like most of you I find that one day I swim much better than the next. Working on a lot of things in the water, including my super slow flip turns.

I have a swim workout designed by my 12 yo this am, and then a long ride into the central PA mountains this pm.

Thread seems a bit quiet, but likely related to time of year... and a few actual good threads in TT.

I changed my focus to nothing.........I need to come up with a better plan for next year. I think my IM build will only be 4 months.

You need a plan. Maybe a coach ;-)

2014-10-25 12:17 PM

User image

Champion
Happy Valley

Originally posted by Fred D Lastly, I ended up achieving All American in M40-44 this year. Very happy with that, and truthfully if IMMT was in Merica' then I would have moved up some more. We will see what M45-49 brings next year ;-)
Congratulations! Although USAT ranking will not be finalized until Feb-Mar 2016, I am sure your standing will hold. I am also currently ranked AA but I highly doubt it will holed. I just hope I can hold onto Honorable Mention.

Yeah, have to wait and see what holds, but AA is a % thing... so technically it shouldn't affect things too much... i.e.; as more races are added, there should in theory be more additions both slower and faster than you in the same rough percentages.

2014-10-25 12:19 PM

User image

Champion
Happy Valley

Trying to figure out the rest of next year's race schedule...

IMMT is in the books for 2015.

Thinking Syracuse 70.3 or maybe Blackbear HIM.

Currently running and swimming a lot, with little biking. I start back up with Shane in December, New house *might* be ready by Turkey Day, more likely in December. Unfortunately if it isn't ready by Turkey Day, then it takes quite a long time to get the workers back. Can be weeks...

Lastly, I ended up achieving All American in M40-44 this year. Very happy with that, and truthfully if IMMT was in Merica' then I would have moved up some more. We will see what M45-49 brings next year ;-)

I am looking at one of these pre IMMT. High probability I will be solo for my 2015 race season. Black Bear HIM - May 31st - Small event kind of a grass roots'ish, harder course than Syracuse 70.3. Its earlier and you have done it. Challenge Quassy HIM - Jun 7th - ? But I want to do it Syracuse 70.3 - Jun 21st - Big event and good vibes. Miss leading bike elevation but a fast bike course. The run is brutal!!!

*If* I make the Zoot team again, I think Quassy is a team event, so I might be tempted. Black Bear tempts me a lot, as I think I can race better there than I did in 2008 ;-)

2014-10-25 12:31 PM

User image

Master
Mechanicsburg, PA

Dats my bike :-) But with the blue trim.

While I think it's a cool looking bike, I would bet it has no aero advantage over yours.

I do agree it’s not much more aero than my current Felt. My current ride is plenty fast for the engine powering it. The upgrades would be going to 808 clinchers, electric shifting, integrated front brake, and stabler front end (moving away from a 1” steer tube). I do think I’ll have more adjust-ability as well. If I buy from my LBS I’ll also get a free Guru (F.I.S.T) fit.

Yeah I know It probable will not happen anyway……..….
2014-10-25 12:47 PM

User image

Master
Mechanicsburg, PA

Trying to figure out the rest of next year's race schedule...

IMMT is in the books for 2015.

Thinking Syracuse 70.3 or maybe Blackbear HIM.

Currently running and swimming a lot, with little biking. I start back up with Shane in December, New house *might* be ready by Turkey Day, more likely in December. Unfortunately if it isn't ready by Turkey Day, then it takes quite a long time to get the workers back. Can be weeks...

I am looking at one of these pre IMMT. High probability I will be solo for my 2015 race season. Black Bear HIM - May 31st - Small event kind of a grass roots'ish, harder course than Syracuse 70.3. Its earlier and you have done it. Challenge Quassy HIM - Jun 7th - ? But I want to do it Syracuse 70.3 - Jun 21st - Big event and good vibes. Miss leading bike elevation but a fast bike course. The run is brutal!!!

*If* I make the Zoot team again, I think Quassy is a team event, so I might be tempted. Black Bear tempts me a lot, as I think I can race better there than I did in 2008 ;-)

I am sure you’ll race better than 08' at BB. You have a ton more swim fitness. Did the run in 08’ go down the front of the dam? That half mary is now pretty challenging IMO with a 90% trail/rock/crushed rock course.

2014-10-25 12:50 PM

User image

Master
Mechanicsburg, PA

You need a plan. Maybe a coach ;-)

Doooooh......there is that "C" word. I afraid I don't have the discipline to work with a coach.
2014-10-25 1:45 PM

User image

Originally posted by marcag In other SBR equipment news :-)...I sold my Powertap wheel. I had it on my road bike and my Quarq on my tri bike I may try a Vector S and see if I like that The pain cave is progressing. I have electricity and heating.
Dats my bike :-) But with the blue trim. While I think it's a cool looking bike, I would bet it has no aero advantage over yours.

That's.....almost.... my bike  

I luv my BMC

2014-10-25 3:45 PM

User image

Master

I've been out in Maryland the last couple days. U.S. Naval Academy 20th reunion. I missed this area - should really get back a bit more often. Anyhow, it has been beautiful and sunny - certainly a nice break from Seattle right now.Once I get home, it will be back to biking with consistency. I really was not on my game on the bike this year. I want to get the power progressing in the right direction again.I was happy with my swim though. I've chipped away at it since my PE and have taken 15min off my IM swim since that happened.
New Thread
BT Mentor Program 2014 Beginner Triathlete Mentor Program » SBR Utopia ~~~~ Permanently OPEN!! Rss Feed  
Show Per page

of 78

RELATED POSTS

Baowolf's Fun In the Sun Mentor Group (OPEN) Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26

Started by Baowolf
Views: 13138 Posts: 649

2014-10-25 1:50 PM Pink Socks

Baowolf's fun in the sun Mentor Group (Open)

Started by Baowolf
Views: 4 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 1:30 AM Baowolf

Manatee Monkey Mentors SHUT (Poptart or pet pic bribes considered) Pages: 1 ... 97 98 99 100

Started by IndoIronYanti
Views: 31545 Posts: 2488

2014-07-30 9:43 AM IndoIronYanti

Huntersville-Concord Mentor Group - OPEN

Started by wsandford
Views: 17 Posts: 1

2014-01-13 2:24 PM wsandford
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 12, 2014
author : TeamMPI
comments : 1
The majority of new triathletes see the open water swim as their biggest stumbling block. Here are four steps to help you have a better swim experience in your first (or next) triathlon.

date : June 14, 2012
author : IndoIronYanti
comments : 4
MAPS is Meditation, Acclimatization, Practice, and Strategy, which are key for giving you the confidence and skills to execute the open-water swim in a triathlon well.
date : September 15, 2011
comments : 0
Don't be scared for the swim! Gain more confidence for your open water swims with these tips

date : September 25, 2007
author : Tri Swim Coach
comments : 0
Discussion on sinking hips, balance drills, open water freak-out, best breathing for open water swimming and head position.