General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Tri bags Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-05-19 1:01 AM

Subject: Tri bags
Newbie here. Realizing as much as I'd scoffed at buying an expensive fancy bag, you really do need something to lug all your stuff. Lots of expensive bags out there with tons of bells and whistles. I'm looking for something that will carry everything with some sense of organization and be comfortBle on my Sita . But I need to be able to talk my wife into sponsoring this as a Father's Day present . Say in the 80-125 dollar range? Thoughts appreciated. Matt

2014-05-20 7:30 AM
in reply to: #4997900

User image

Veteran
Bucks County
Subject: RE: Tri bags
Try the Ogio Endurance 8.0 or 9.0. It is more of a duffel bag with shoulder straps then a traditional backpack transition bag. I decided to buy it because i thought i would have less issues trying to fit a wetsuit along the flat bottom than i would having to fold it more times than once to fit in the bottom of a traditional transition backpack. Since the duffel bag is longer and rectangular i figured i could get away with only having to fold my wetsuit in half before packing it in. The one thing i am not crazy about is the cycle shoe and sneak compartment. Once you take the shoes out, it isn't as easy to put them back into the compartment if you have anything in the main compartment. You may have to just shove the shoes in until you can get them to fit or rearrange the items in the main compartment to allow for room. It does have an integral hard case for an iPhone, glasses, wallet; a bungee cord helmet holder at one end ( have not tried it yet), and a side compartment for nutrition and a zippered pocket that holds one water bottle.
2014-05-20 9:17 AM
in reply to: mgk

I got a TYR Transition bag. It feels sturdy, so it should last for a while. Not as pretty as some of the other ones, but it contains several compartments inside to separate the gear, including a plastic bag for wet stuff. It also holds a wet suit in a lower compartment. Helmet is hold outside with rubber bands, and the best part of it was that I got it for about $55 at SwimOutlet.com

http://www.swimoutlet.com/ProductDetails.asp?subscribe=Y&ProductCod...

2014-05-26 9:18 PM
in reply to: michael2_19030

I too am in the market for a transition bag. I had been using a duffel for the past few years, but as I start to do bigger races, I find myself needing to bike to the transition area. This is not easy with a duffle strapped across your back... I want something that will hold my wetsuit/wet gear in a protected section, a secured space for my helmet, can be wore comfortably with enough support, and is not so giant that I can't walk trough a door.

My boyfriend is in LOVE with the De Soto Transition Pack. Like, he never leaves home without it. Its got space, great straps, and doesn't make him look like a turtle when he wears it. I would get it too but the updated version is at the high end of my price-point ($131.99 on trisports.com).

TYR has one that has a TON of space, but its bulky, and a little cumbersome to wear. That's my complaint, I have a training buddy who likes hers just fine, thank you very much. Its also a steal at 80 bucks or so.

The one I think I may purchase is the Xterra Transition Back Pack. Its meets all of my requests, save for it might be a little turtle-y. It is also at the excellent price of.....drumroll.... $75!! I'm still researching to see if there are people who have been dissatisfied so no promises that this will be the one.
2014-05-27 7:35 PM
in reply to: clumsyrunner14

I am really interested in the zoot Ultra, I think you should check it out.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Tri bags Rss Feed