General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Tri scene around Charleston? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-05-19 2:43 PM

Subject: Tri scene around Charleston?
How's the tri scene around the Charleston area? Is it popular? Many clubs and/or training groups? Any good shops to visit? I'll be there visiting this time but considering a possible move in the future.

2014-05-20 1:49 PM
in reply to: jkintn

User image

Expert
Greenville, SC
Subject: RE: Tri scene around Charleston?

I think there is a club local to there and there are definitely quite a few races in the area.  doesn't seem to be as active as the upstate area though.  

2014-05-21 11:20 AM

User image

Saint Marys, Georgia
there are 3 main groups in the area: goose creek international triathlon club, summerville ymca, and chucktown triathletes. 3 good shops are: trek in mt pleasant, try sports in mt pleasant, and charleston bicylce shop in charleston. best place for bike maintenance is easy rider bikes in mt pleasant.

the scene is pretty good here, we have a scts sprint/half in april and a 5 race sprint traithlon series from may-august.

you can pretty much get shop/group rides on tuesday, thursday, saturday, and sunday.

there are a wide variety of pools at your convience in the area.
2014-05-22 7:50 AM
in reply to: navybeaver

Originally posted by navybeaver

there are 3 main groups in the area: goose creek international triathlon club, summerville ymca, and chucktown triathletes. 3 good shops are: trek in mt pleasant, try sports in mt pleasant, and charleston bicylce shop in charleston. best place for bike maintenance is easy rider bikes in mt pleasant.

the scene is pretty good here, we have a scts sprint/half in april and a 5 race sprint traithlon series from may-august.

you can pretty much get shop/group rides on tuesday, thursday, saturday, and sunday.

there are a wide variety of pools at your convience in the area.

Thanks for the info. I may try to check out shops while there this weekend. I won't have my bike with me this time.
2014-05-22 9:17 AM

User image

Saint Marys, Georgia
i recommend the running the arthur ravenel bridge if you have time. you can park in mt pleasant, end to end and back is 5 miles.
2014-05-30 8:21 AM

User image

Coastal Carolina
Also Kiawah Olympic Triathlon in September. Another bike shop doing excellent work is affordabikes at the corner of King and Cannon downtown. Also 3 different masters swimming groups in the area. The scene seems to be growing down here.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Tri scene around Charleston? Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Swim analysis around Charleston

Started by navybeaver
Views: 592 Posts: 3

2013-05-04 10:09 PM navybeaver

Charleston Sprint Tri Series thread

Started by melanfi
Views: 2343 Posts: 19

2012-08-10 10:57 AM ttman1730

Charleston Sprint Triathlon Series - Race #2

Started by michael2_19030
Views: 2247 Posts: 10

2008-06-06 12:54 PM pfusc

Traveling to Charleston Area

Started by wgraves7582
Views: 1060 Posts: 4

2008-03-28 12:39 PM Lukester1980

Charleston Sprint #3

Started by rhodespedal
Views: 1223 Posts: 11

2007-07-10 7:32 AM rhodespedal
RELATED ARTICLES
date : April 13, 2010
author : kcowart
comments : 11
I have always been an athlete, growing up playing team sports like basketball and soccer. I also ran in a couple of 10K races every year, so I had no reason to worry about running a 5K...right?

date : August 13, 2008
author : eschmits
comments : 2
After I left the running store, I couldn't stop thinking about the sprint tri and how much of a challenge it would be for me. So instead of joining a gym, I started riding my bike and it felt great.
date : February 5, 2008
author : DominiqueL
comments : 1
A product review of the Louis Garneau Tri Air Triathlon Shoe. After nearly two years of testing, see how this shoe performed. Currently being replaced by the Tri Air 2.

date : January 1, 2008
author : agrace
comments : 4
I couldn’t help but feel that the race had beaten me. Perhaps duathlons were more for me? No, I was more determined than ever to succeed. I was determined to get on top of my swimming.
date : December 31, 2006
author : docgill
comments : 0
This life of mine is not so different from yours. It has a multitude of similarities. I suffer from uncertainty, I get nervous at the thought of registering and when getting to the starting line.

date : May 1, 2006
author : acbadger
comments : 9
I am not going to buy a tri-suit before my first tri - I want to make sure I am going to stick with this before I spend a lot of money on it so I want to figure out what will work best.
date : November 27, 2005
author : spetremears
9 weeks after my first bike ride, 5 months after my first swim and 13 months after my surgery I entered the Nelson week Tri a Tri !

date : September 3, 2005
author : aloufan
I couldn't believe that my splits kept getting lower! I started to run harder after I passed the "5 km" sign and picked a few people that I wanted to pass.