Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Another smoker/food thread...(The BBQ kind!) Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2014-07-07 12:33 PM
in reply to: lkct01234

User image

Elite
Puyallup, WA
Subject: RE: Another smoker/food thread...(The BBQ kind!)

Well...I'm addicted to smoking.

I cook something about once a week since I've gotten it a month and a half ago.

I've done chicken breasts and a few pork tenderloins (thank goodness for Costco and reasonable meat prices!) and just this weekend I did a whole chicken. (A cute little guy). The most recent pork tenderloin had a very nice smoke ring and was sooo tender. 13 y.o. step daughter even asked if she could take a picture of her meal, I allowed for the picture temporarily suspending the no phones at the table rule :-P

Up until the whole chicken I've been using the propane and chips, but the chicken I did charcoal. It had AMAZING smoke...but the temp wasn't very high! In my attempt to light the charcoal, I believe I might've "clogged" the air holes in the charcoal bowl with the paper ash. So I was using a little bit of propane along with the charcoal to keep the temp up.

One of my "obstacles" has been getting smoke with the propane cooking. I check amazingribs for a lot of tips but there is sooo much to read! I just ordered some wood chunks (from Amazon). I read that it is good for gas smoking. Another option is making a "smoke bomb".

I see the advantage of a cabinet style and may look into that next year if I continue to use it. I'd probably smoke something just about every day except for the whole having to be home for a few hours and having to check it periodically. (One time the propane flame blew out...oops!) Having the stacked "bowls" can present a problem for stoking or refueling. The little door on the side doesn't really allow for much.

So far I haven't really gotten into much seasoning just some olive oil rubbed on and it still sooo good!

I may be trying some salmon in the near future! Happy summer!

2014-07-07 2:27 PM
in reply to: lkct01234

User image

Champion
Tacoma, Washington
Subject: RE: Another smoker/food thread...(The BBQ kind!)

Originally posted by lkct01234

Well...I'm addicted to smoking.

I cook something about once a week since I've gotten it a month and a half ago.

I may be trying some salmon in the near future! Happy summer!

*Like*

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Another smoker/food thread...(The BBQ kind!) Rss Feed  

of 2

RELATED POSTS

The "Wouldn't It Be Fun To Have This Kind Of A Role In A Movie" Thread Pages: 1 2

Started by Spokes
Views: 1113 Posts: 32

2007-03-22 9:20 AM BbMoozer

Another reason I hate smokers.... Pages: 1 ... 2 3 4 5

Started by oipolloi
Views: 4106 Posts: 106

2006-10-27 1:53 PM autumn

BBQ Smoker/Keg

Started by parrj
Views: 2663 Posts: 11

2006-08-02 9:42 AM The Mac

Ex-smokers are the worst.

Started by rice
Views: 2330 Posts: 13

2005-09-08 8:16 PM max

Would you date a smoker?

Started by newbiedoo
Views: 1454 Posts: 23

2005-08-23 1:46 PM phoenixazul
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 8, 2010
author : Nancy Clark
comments : 2
Here's a peek at a few new healthful foods that taste good, are good-for-you, and can add variety to your daily sports diet. Look for them in your local grocery store or natural foods store.

date : March 17, 2008
author : BWL
comments : 4
Using tri training for breaking bad habits, getting healthy and gaining confidence plus a little bit of humility.