BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Asphalt Junkies Summer Edition - OPEN Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 11

2014-07-15 8:38 PM
in reply to: mambos

User image

Extreme Veteran
Racine, Wisconsin
Subject: RE: Asphalt Junkies Summer Edition - OPEN
Originally posted by mambos

Originally posted by strikyrJoAnne glad to hear that your training is going better with your new tri coach. Many of my friends went the coaching route this year in prep for their IM events and it looks like it's been a big help for a lot of them. I'm sure she'll have you more than ready for IMWI. Good luck this weekend in Racine with your upcoming race I'm sure you're going to do well. I hope both you and Brenda get some warmer temps this week too sounds like you guys have fall weather.I finally got back to a decent week of training last week I was able to get in 17+ hours in. I'm in the final 3 weeks of my peak phase of training and I'm hoping to finish it out strong. I'll do a 2 week taper this year so my last big day is probably going to be August 3rd. I can only say this year has been so much harder than last year. I'll be so happy to get through the next 3 weeks and make it to the taper. I just don't know how people do this every year and those who do two or more in a year well that's just insanity. I have a new found respect for those who can do this sort of thing every year. I think for me it will be a long time before I decide to do another IM. I'm definitely going to take a long hiatus from this race distance.

"I think it will be a longtime before I decide to do another IM"

for some reason I think we heard the same comment last year about this time

Lol I was thinking the same thing!!

2014-07-16 7:39 AM
in reply to: Jo63

User image

Expert
Mastic Beach, NY
Originally posted by Jo63

Originally posted by strikyrJoAnne glad to hear that your training is going better with your new tri coach. Many of my friends went the coaching route this year in prep for their IM events and it looks like it's been a big help for a lot of them. I'm sure she'll have you more than ready for IMWI. Good luck this weekend in Racine with your upcoming race I'm sure you're going to do well. I hope both you and Brenda get some warmer temps this week too sounds like you guys have fall weather.I finally got back to a decent week of training last week I was able to get in 17+ hours in. I'm in the final 3 weeks of my peak phase of training and I'm hoping to finish it out strong. I'll do a 2 week taper this year so my last big day is probably going to be August 3rd. I can only say this year has been so much harder than last year. I'll be so happy to get through the next 3 weeks and make it to the taper. I just don't know how people do this every year and those who do two or more in a year well that's just insanity. I have a new found respect for those who can do this sort of thing every year. I think for me it will be a long time before I decide to do another IM. I'm definitely going to take a long hiatus from this race distance.

No joking after training for two in row and if I manage to finish IMMT I just may retire from this distance. I never expected it to be so much more challenging getting ready for this. Last year it didn't seem nearly as tough but then again I think when you do your first one you are much more motivated by taking on the challenge of trying to do it. Once you've done you need to find other reasons to stay motivated and I can tell you that has not been easy for me this year. I can promise you all there is no way I am doing another Ironman next year.
2014-07-16 9:49 AM
in reply to: strikyr

User image

NH
Originally posted by strikyr
I can promise you all there is no way I am doing another Ironman next year.

So noted!

I learned the pump lesson this week, and may try to figure out how to get a mini-pump for training rides. I do carry multiple tubes and multiple CO2 cannisters, but they just don't get the pressure very high. I flatted on the way to the lake again this past weekend ( at mile 7 ), and rode the rest of the way on about 65 pounds in the rear tire. It was fine, but you can definitely tell the difference. If I had a pump I'd have been able to top it off to full pressure.
2014-07-16 8:15 PM
in reply to: wbayek

User image

Expert
Mastic Beach, NY
Warren I carry the mini pump in one of the pockets of my bike jersey. I hardly notice it at all. I could frame mount it but since I've only got the tri bike it sort of defeats the purpose and I've not really found a good place on my bike to do it so I just throw in one of my pockets. It really has come in handy for me and my friends.
2014-07-17 6:07 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Racine, Wisconsin
I think I need to stop reading the various Racine racing social posts, they are all freaking me out about the water tempurature, I am looking to get in for a swim either tonight or tomorrow to calm my nerves, but in the mean time I am trying to tell myself to focus on only things I can control.....it's not easy! Pray for warmer water temps please!! Mid 60's would be nice.

Had a great run and swim yesterday and for the first time EVER, I zoned out on my run I was feeling so good that I missed my turn to come home and "woke up" about 6 blocks from where I should of been and was like where the heck am I. I am hoping this somehow happens on Sunday.

I am running to the bike store today I ordered the wrong size neoprene cap so I will check out the pumps too thanks for the heads up on this. But as of right now I am concerned that I would have trouble changing a tire on my own.

2014-07-17 6:13 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Racine, Wisconsin

No joking after training for two in row and if I manage to finish IMMT I just may retire from this distance. I never expected it to be so much more challenging getting ready for this. Last year it didn't seem nearly as tough but then again I think when you do your first one you are much more motivated by taking on the challenge of trying to do it. Once you've done you need to find other reasons to stay motivated and I can tell you that has not been easy for me this year. I can promise you all there is no way I am doing another Ironman next year.

Why do you think it was so much more challenging? Was it because you did one last year? I know with all the excitement come September it would be easy for me to sign up for the following year, I need to go in knowing whether I should or shouldn't. Although I have thought of doing one in Florida or Arizona ......somewhere flat, every bigger race I have done I have picked hills lol

2014-07-17 8:22 AM

User image

NH

I think I need to stop reading the various Racine racing social posts, they are all freaking me out about the water tempurature, I am looking to get in for a swim either tonight or tomorrow to calm my nerves, but in the mean time I am trying to tell myself to focus on only things I can control.....it's not easy! Pray for warmer water temps please!! Mid 60's would be nice.

Had a great run and swim yesterday and for the first time EVER, I zoned out on my run I was feeling so good that I missed my turn to come home and "woke up" about 6 blocks from where I should of been and was like where the heck am I. I am hoping this somehow happens on Sunday.

I am running to the bike store today I ordered the wrong size neoprene cap so I will check out the pumps too thanks for the heads up on this. But as of right now I am concerned that I would have trouble changing a tire on my own.

Don't get overwhelmed worrying about the water temp, but be prepared. Wear the cap if you feel comfortable, but make sure to try ti out first. And even footies if that makes sense for you, but again, try it out before the race if you can. I know I had an extremely cold ocean swim for my aquabike last year (low 50s) and my feet were numb for most of the bike. Not trying to add to your angst, but just letting you know to be prepared. I know footies slow you down, but if the water is the same temp this year I'll wear them anyway. Being colder in water (and even biking) is one of the things I've noticed has happens with age. All that said, race day adrenaline is usually enough to keep your body comfortable unless the temp is really low. We'll shoot for mid 60s for you!

I highly, highly recommend changing a tire in the living room a few times to get used to doing it. Youtube some people doing it, or ask your bike shop to show you how, as there are some nice tips about using the tire levers to make things a lot easier, both taking off the tire and putting it back on. If you don't have any tire levers, ask at the bike shop and have them hook you up. You don't want your first time changing a flat to be on the side of a road either during a race or on a long training ride.
2014-07-17 8:51 AM

User image

Expert
Mastic Beach, NY

Why do you think it was so much more challenging? Was it because you did one last year? I know with all the excitement come September it would be easy for me to sign up for the following year, I need to go in knowing whether I should or shouldn't. Although I have thought of doing one in Florida or Arizona ......somewhere flat, every bigger race I have done I have picked hills lol

JoAnne I think there are several factors involved. First off all my training during the week has been limited to the evenings. Last year I had more flexibility and swam a lot in the mornings which really helped me get my workouts in and broken up so not everything was done as a brick. This year it's all been in the evening some days I get done pretty late. I don't have the same level of recovery I had between workouts. Also the plan I used this year had me working a lot harder then what I did last year so I think that has taken it's toll on me as well even though I have made some great improvements.

I've also been much busier with work and just life in general so the balancing act has been far more difficult and stressful at times. Ironman training takes a lot out of you both physically and metally. I think it takes time to recover and everybody is different in that sense. Going through it last year and doing about 10 months of training and having a few months off and then jumping back in with another 8 1/2 months of training has been very taxing on me personally.

When you do your first IM you are very, very motivated by the challenge of trying to doing something that you might have thought you could or would never do. I think it's impossible to duplicate that once you've done it. I don't think you have the same level of motivation IMO. Not to say I'm not motivated and don't have reasons for doing this but I just don't feel it's the same as the first one.

Another thing on the flat courses. I think flat races don't necessarily equate to easier races and I know you are not thinking that way but a lot of people do. Florida and Arizona may be flatter then other IM bike or run courses but IMO they are as equally as hard as courses that have hills. When you do a flat course there is very little room for recovery. You don't have those opportunties to coast like you do on hilly courses. I think people overlook this. In my training I ride back to back weekends, Sat hills ride and Sun flat out aero tri ride. The Sunday ride is always more difficult IMO because I'm constantly pedaling. Just something to keep in mind. It makes me laugh when people ask what is the easiest Ironman to do. I think you pick a course based on your strengths but to be honest no Ironman race is going to be easy. I totally understand the hills thing though, Flordia would be a good choice. I think Arizona they did or were going to change the bike course which may include hills. You might want to check on that if you consider Arizona.

WIth that said JoAnne I think everyone is different in how they respond to doing these races. I found I needed a long time to recovery and regain my motivation after the first one. I was getting nervous about not being motivated for IMMT. Fortunately it passed and I got down to business. You may respond totally different then I did and may be up for another one next year. Don't let me scare you off or dissaude you it's just been tougher this year then I thought it would be. Maybe I just underestimated the effort this takes since my head was in the clouds for the first one and now I'm just dealing with the reality of what training for one these things is all about.

30 more days to go! C'mon taper!
2014-07-17 8:55 AM

User image

Expert
Mastic Beach, NY
Originally posted by wbayek

Don't get overwhelmed worrying about the water temp, but be prepared. Wear the cap if you feel comfortable, but make sure to try ti out first. And even footies if that makes sense for you, but again, try it out before the race if you can. I know I had an extremely cold ocean swim for my aquabike last year (low 50s) and my feet were numb for most of the bike. Not trying to add to your angst, but just letting you know to be prepared. I know footies slow you down, but if the water is the same temp this year I'll wear them anyway. Being colder in water (and even biking) is one of the things I've noticed has happens with age. All that said, race day adrenaline is usually enough to keep your body comfortable unless the temp is really low. We'll shoot for mid 60s for you!

I highly, highly recommend changing a tire in the living room a few times to get used to doing it. Youtube some people doing it, or ask your bike shop to show you how, as there are some nice tips about using the tire levers to make things a lot easier, both taking off the tire and putting it back on. If you don't have any tire levers, ask at the bike shop and have them hook you up. You don't want your first time changing a flat to be on the side of a road either during a race or on a long training ride.

x2 on what Warren said for both the water temps and the tire changing. Changing a tire is not difficult and it's easy to practice and a great skill to have because it's going to happen sooner or later. It can happen in a race as well, trust me I know.
2014-07-17 9:33 AM

User image

Master
Columbia, TN

Jo, I wouldn't bother with the mini pump for a triathlon. I like it for training rides because it can get you through an unlimited number of flats (with a patch kit). For triathlon, 2 CO2 cartridges are good enough....for someone with experience using them!
If you have doubts about your ability to do a roadside tube change, then in a race situation I would just go with a tube, CO2 inflator (2 cartridges) and just pray for good fortune. Someone will likely come along to help you do the tube change.

[
ps. about above. I forgot to mention tire irons. I take 1 on my mtn bike and 2 on my road bike. I sometimes cannot get a road tire off the bead with only 1 tire iron.

pps. it's not too late to learn to change a tube. Practice changing a tube 5 times in your room. First time might take 30 minutes...next 4, 30 minutes total!
]

It's been suggested that you get booties for your feet, but they are illegal under USAT rules. You can wear them on training swims, but not the race. If it's that cold....I have heard from people experienced at swimming in SF Bay, that a heavy application of vaseline on the feet seems to help keep them warm...

The neoprene cap is nice! I have one and have used it. It's great! Also helps swimming too....it just POPS your head up when you need to sight or breath...it's very helpful.

So put on that wetsuit and get in that water. It won't be cold with the neoprene on.

2014-07-17 10:56 AM
in reply to: JeffY

User image

NH
Good points Jeff. I totally agree with leaving the pump home for races, I'd only carry one in training. In fact, for a sprint if I flat I'm done. And definitely carry multiple levers in the flat kit; newer tires can be especially hard to get back on the wheels. And as far as C02 goes, the new dispensers make it very easy to refill on the road. Fully emptying a 16 oz canister gets you very close to 100 psi., so that should be plenty for most applications. I learned last weekend the hard way that 12 oz isn't enough!

As far as booties, I didn't know they were against USAT rules. Obviously make sure you aren't breaking rules. I know for the race I did last summer with the 50 degree water the race director explicitly stated age groupers could wear them. The pros could not. Ear plugs can really help in the cold water as well.

2014-07-18 8:24 AM

User image

Expert
Mastic Beach, NY
JoAnne good luck, be safe and have fun this weekend. I'm hoping you get some warmer weather out there and the water warms up for you. You've been training hard and well so make the Junkies proud. Have a great race.
2014-07-18 8:12 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Racine, Wisconsin
Thanks for the info on the bike and swim I will be finally swimming tomorrow morning )
2014-07-19 12:00 PM
in reply to: mambos

User image

Master
Fort Wayne

. "I think it will be a longtime before I decide to do another IM" for some reason I think we heard the same comment last year about this time

I know I'm coming to this game late but...............

I'll believe it when I see you're actually NOT doing one.

2014-07-19 12:07 PM

User image

Veteran
Nova Scotia, Canada
So I ended up in an expected 10k race this morning as I set out for an easy 15k long run. I noticed signs out saying race in progress and remembered that there was a local 10k today. So I ran down to the start and registered. Since I still had 40 minutes to kill I ran back home to get different shoes and some money for registration. I managed to get home, get everything and get back with about 10 minutes to spare. So I had a good 5-6k warm up in me. Not sure if that was good or bad, lol. Race went well as I let maybe 10-20 people pass me in the first 2k. I know this route really well as it's a loop around a lake that I run at least once a week. It's pretty much dead flat until the 4k point and then the hills start with the first being a 90 foot climb at about 15%. The basically rollers up and down for 3k then the last 3k are all down hill or flat back to the start. I paced the run really well as I started passing people on every climb. I think I pulled back almost everyone that passed me. I felt really good and was able to really pick it up a bit over the last 2k. I ended up 35th out of 181 in a time of 46:11 which is just off my PR. Not bad considering I wasn't really prepared and my PR is on a flat course in a lot cooler weather. Tomorrow is a 2 hours of riding followed by volunteering at the local kids tri. And then another 2 hours of riding. After that I may take a nap, lol.
2014-07-19 12:14 PM
in reply to: DirkP

User image

Master
Fort Wayne

Joanne, 

I don't think you'll regret using a coach.  The biggest benefit I think you're going to see is the nutritional aspect of a coach.  they should be able to get you dialed in and provide options for good weather and bad, hot and cold.  I am loving having a coach.  A coach can provide so much that a plan can't.

Good luck at your race this weekend!!

Chris,

I finally was able to comment on your race report.  I'll just let you take a look there to see my comments.  But you definitely had a great race!

Here's my current status;

I feel like I'll have a pretty good fitness level and be ready, not only to complete IMWI, but also to compete.  Below, in italics, is a quote from a recent email from Zach;

At this point, the way things are going so well, I'm pretty certain you can get to a 20ish miler prior to Wisconsin and a few longer brick runs.  I'll probably give you the option to extend your long runs post New Albany if feeling good and knee is okay so we can get to that point quicker...it's slightly risky so you'll have to do a good job using self control when you have that option to go longer but you feel you need to stop at the low end of the range that I've given.  (like stopping at 17 miles when I say you could go to 20 miles, b/c the knee has gotten to a 3 in the late stage of the run, or, you feel an Achilles giving out or something like that)

Alright, carry on, you're on your way to having not only a finish in Wisconsin but a really good one up to your standards.

I am due for a 1:40 run tomorrow which should take up to about 13 miles and have me where I would like to be before I race in 8 days.  I'm racing Challenge New Albany HIM on July 27.  I completed a 1:10 OWS this morning.  It was a continuous swim and I was able to get 2.67 miles in and felt pretty good.  The only thing I don't like about these OWS's are that I'm doing them in a wetsuit for safety sake.  I have no partner and I don't want to take chances so my times look faster than I am.  I also rode a little over 5 hours yesterday and totalled 107 miles and felt pretty decent afterward.

I'll try not to be a stranger so much and check in more frequently.  I'm just beginning my 16 weeks of work out of town.  This will likely have an impact on my time availability because I'll be staying with my mom for much of this time.  She'll need/ask me to do stuff around her house and combine that with my training, which hasn't even come close to peaking, and I'll be pretty full.

2014-07-19 2:19 PM
in reply to: BigDaddyD79

User image

Expert
Mastic Beach, NY
Originally posted by BigDaddyD79

So I ended up in an expected 10k race this morning as I set out for an easy 15k long run. I noticed signs out saying race in progress and remembered that there was a local 10k today. So I ran down to the start and registered. Since I still had 40 minutes to kill I ran back home to get different shoes and some money for registration. I managed to get home, get everything and get back with about 10 minutes to spare. So I had a good 5-6k warm up in me. Not sure if that was good or bad, lol. Race went well as I let maybe 10-20 people pass me in the first 2k. I know this route really well as it's a loop around a lake that I run at least once a week. It's pretty much dead flat until the 4k point and then the hills start with the first being a 90 foot climb at about 15%. The basically rollers up and down for 3k then the last 3k are all down hill or flat back to the start. I paced the run really well as I started passing people on every climb. I think I pulled back almost everyone that passed me. I felt really good and was able to really pick it up a bit over the last 2k. I ended up 35th out of 181 in a time of 46:11 which is just off my PR. Not bad considering I wasn't really prepared and my PR is on a flat course in a lot cooler weather. Tomorrow is a 2 hours of riding followed by volunteering at the local kids tri. And then another 2 hours of riding. After that I may take a nap, lol.

Congrats Derek, nice job man and to think if you were actually prepared to run this 10K you might have PR'd it. I love the fact that you decided to do this on the spur of the moment, that's very cool and you did a great job.
2014-07-19 2:25 PM

User image

Expert
Mastic Beach, NY
Originally posted by DirkP

Joanne, 

I don't think you'll regret using a coach.  The biggest benefit I think you're going to see is the nutritional aspect of a coach.  they should be able to get you dialed in and provide options for good weather and bad, hot and cold.  I am loving having a coach.  A coach can provide so much that a plan can't.

Good luck at your race this weekend!!

Chris,

I finally was able to comment on your race report.  I'll just let you take a look there to see my comments.  But you definitely had a great race!

Here's my current status;

I feel like I'll have a pretty good fitness level and be ready, not only to complete IMWI, but also to compete.  Below, in italics, is a quote from a recent email from Zach;

At this point, the way things are going so well, I'm pretty certain you can get to a 20ish miler prior to Wisconsin and a few longer brick runs.  I'll probably give you the option to extend your long runs post New Albany if feeling good and knee is okay so we can get to that point quicker...it's slightly risky so you'll have to do a good job using self control when you have that option to go longer but you feel you need to stop at the low end of the range that I've given.  (like stopping at 17 miles when I say you could go to 20 miles, b/c the knee has gotten to a 3 in the late stage of the run, or, you feel an Achilles giving out or something like that)

Alright, carry on, you're on your way to having not only a finish in Wisconsin but a really good one up to your standards.

I am due for a 1:40 run tomorrow which should take up to about 13 miles and have me where I would like to be before I race in 8 days.  I'm racing Challenge New Albany HIM on July 27.  I completed a 1:10 OWS this morning.  It was a continuous swim and I was able to get 2.67 miles in and felt pretty good.  The only thing I don't like about these OWS's are that I'm doing them in a wetsuit for safety sake.  I have no partner and I don't want to take chances so my times look faster than I am.  I also rode a little over 5 hours yesterday and totalled 107 miles and felt pretty decent afterward.

I'll try not to be a stranger so much and check in more frequently.  I'm just beginning my 16 weeks of work out of town.  This will likely have an impact on my time availability because I'll be staying with my mom for much of this time.  She'll need/ask me to do stuff around her house and combine that with my training, which hasn't even come close to peaking, and I'll be pretty full.

Dirk glad to see you checking and happy to hear that your training is going well. That is certainly good news. I wouldn't worry about the wetsuit with the OWS. If you're planning to wear it for the swim at IMWI it's good get some practice in with it. I realize you'll be faster using it but definitely a good idea to wear it if you are swimming solo. I hope you're able to achieve some balance as well while you are working out of town and trying to get your training done I can't imagine that's easy to do. Stay committed, you're definitely on the right track to having a successful race come Sept.
2014-07-20 1:22 PM

User image

Master
Fort Wayne

I thought Lis and I were going to the zoo but she opted out.  That's okay because I have a lot to do today.  I'll be packing for almost 2 weeks of begin away from home and all the race gear is going to go with me.......A LOT OF PACKING!!!  Then there's the lawn to mow and trim, laundry, blah , blah, blah!!

Here's my week of training.  I feel alright but I've finished my long run and couple of hours ago and rode another 25 miles afterward. I'm not at my cap for training yet but it's been a long week.  It feels good, but no so good.  I'm sure you all don't have to ask why the bipolar feelings.

(7-14 training.PNG)

Attachments
----------------
7-14 training.PNG (14KB - 12 downloads)
2014-07-20 2:09 PM

User image

Veteran
Nova Scotia, Canada
Dirk your killing the training. I have no doubt you will be ready. Hopefully you can manage time to get in your workouts in over the next few weeks. I know how easy it is to miss workouts while on the road for work. All the best!
2014-07-20 8:03 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Racine, Wisconsin
I am trying to keep myself occupied since my race, I got home and was informed one of my sisters who is only 57 died this morning. I am in complete shock I just spoke with her yesterday and she was so proud of me for the whole triathalon thing.........iam going back and forth with the trying to be excited about my race but then feeling like I shouldn't be ....can't explain it.

2014-07-20 8:22 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Sidney, Ohio

Originally posted by Jo63 I am trying to keep myself occupied since my race, I got home and was informed one of my sisters who is only 57 died this morning. I am in complete shock I just spoke with her yesterday and she was so proud of me for the whole triathalon thing.........iam going back and forth with the trying to be excited about my race but then feeling like I shouldn't be ....can't explain it.
Jo, I dont even know what to say, other than we are thinking of you as you go through this. 

2014-07-21 4:59 AM

User image

Master
Fort Wayne

Originally posted by Jo63 I am trying to keep myself occupied since my race, I got home and was informed one of my sisters who is only 57 died this morning. I am in complete shock I just spoke with her yesterday and she was so proud of me for the whole triathalon thing.........iam going back and forth with the trying to be excited about my race but then feeling like I shouldn't be ....can't explain it.

My thoughts and prayer are with you Joanne.  Receiving that news on any day is bad.

If you and your sister had a discussion about how she enjoyed the thoughts of you being involved in triathlon try to find some comfort there.  It''s okay to celebrate your victory yesterday and it's necessary to grieve your sister.  Maybe you could dedicate the rest of your training and your race in Madison to the memory of your sister.  It may be a way to memorialize her in a different way.  I have found that finding a purpose to race draws a more laser like focus and reaches deeper inside than just racing.  It becomes more than a race, more than finishing, it becomes a part of you.

I wish there were something more I could say to offer comfort.  Peace, be still....

2014-07-21 5:12 AM

User image

Veteran
Nova Scotia, Canada
Thoughts and prayers are with you And your family Jo. Having a sudden loss like this is always hard and having this happen while already being physically tired from the race will be even more emotionally draining. Make sure you take the time you need to recover and know that all the Junkies are praying for you and your family in this tough time.
2014-07-21 7:55 AM

User image

Expert
Mastic Beach, NY
JoAnne I'm so sorry, my condolences to you and your family on the loss of your sister. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I can't even imagine how you must be feeling and I totally agree with everything Dirk said in his post. If there is anything we can do for you don't hestitate to ask.
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Asphalt Junkies Summer Edition - OPEN Rss Feed  

of 11

RELATED POSTS

Jeff's Long Course Group - (Open) Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6

Started by parrj
Views: 10754 Posts: 133

2014-11-25 4:21 PM ARtridad74

Baowolf's fun in the sun Mentor Group (Open)

Started by Baowolf
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 1:30 AM Baowolf

Baowolf's Summer Extravaganza Mentor Group

Started by Baowolf
Views: 13 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 12:01 AM Baowolf

Playmobil31's Group - Open

Started by playmobil31
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2011-12-18 3:37 PM playmobil31
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 12, 2014
author : TeamMPI
comments : 1
The majority of new triathletes see the open water swim as their biggest stumbling block. Here are four steps to help you have a better swim experience in your first (or next) triathlon.

date : June 14, 2012
author : IndoIronYanti
comments : 4
MAPS is Meditation, Acclimatization, Practice, and Strategy, which are key for giving you the confidence and skills to execute the open-water swim in a triathlon well.
date : September 15, 2011
comments : 0
Don't be scared for the swim! Gain more confidence for your open water swims with these tips

date : December 7, 2006
author : BobbyMcgee
By gradually running for increasingly longer periods on a softer surface, you will learn the technique and come to realize the benefits in injury prevention and speed.
date : April 2, 2006
author : mikericci
This summer, I am planning on doing three triathlons. What should my strategy be for training, tapering and resting during, before and after each race?