Subject: RE: NewTAN's Third Law of Motion

Random thought of the day: "Indie pop is essentially unpopular popular music."

2014-08-11 12:25 PM
in reply to: MOlsen

User image

Elite
Cleveland

That just might be the best description I've ever seen for it.

2014-08-12 9:58 AM
in reply to: cgregg

User image

Pro
Bartlett, TN

Every weekend we have a family movie night. Last Sat, we watched God's Not Dead. It led to alot of discussion with the bigs, so it was a good weekend! (The bigs are what we call out older boys, just to clearify)

2014-08-12 10:08 AM
in reply to: jford2309

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

Originally posted by jford2309

Every weekend we have a family movie night. Last Sat, we watched God's Not Dead. It led to alot of discussion with the bigs, so it was a good weekend! (The bigs are what we call out older boys, just to clearify)

are you preachin in TAN?

2014-08-12 10:28 AM
in reply to: mehaner

User image

Pro
Bartlett, TN

Originally posted by mehaner

are you preachin in TAN?

wasn't aware there was anyone else in here!  It's been dead lately!

2014-08-12 10:30 AM

User image

Elite
Cleveland

are you preachin in TAN?

new movie: TAN's Not Dead?

2014-08-12 10:30 AM

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

Originally posted by cgregg

are you preachin in TAN?

new movie: TAN's Not Dead?

but it might be.

2014-08-12 10:39 AM

User image

Pro
Bartlett, TN

Saturday I am running a 5K that I only signed up because of the T Shirt and the finishers medal. The Elvis Presley 5K!

You get a sweet TCB medal!!!!

2014-08-12 11:18 AM

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

Saturday I am running a 5K that I only signed up because of the T Shirt and the finishers medal. The Elvis Presley 5K!

what does TCB stand for?  am i the only person that has no interest in finishers medals?

2014-08-12 11:23 AM

User image

Pro
Bartlett, TN

what does TCB stand for?  am i the only person that has no interest in finishers medals?

Takin Care of Business!  It was like the Elvis motto!  Normally I would not care about the medal, but it is Elvis week here in Memphis, so it will be a cool race.

2014-08-12 11:29 AM

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member

I appreciate really nice medals. I keep saying one of these years I'm going to turn all of the into Christmas ornaments by taking off the ribbon and putting on an ornament hook. I'd need to invest in some really heavy duty hooks though, since ones like Rock N Roll weigh a few pounds

2014-08-12 11:38 AM

User image

Elite
Cleveland

Takin Care of Business!  It was like the Elvis motto!  Normally I would not care about the medal, but it is Elvis week here in Memphis, so it will be a cool race.

What??  How cool!

I might have to add this - somehow - to next year's race list!

2014-08-12 11:41 AM
in reply to: lisac957

User image

Elite
Cleveland

Originally posted by lisac957

I appreciate really nice medals. I keep saying one of these years I'm going to turn all of the into Christmas ornaments by taking off the ribbon and putting on an ornament hook. I'd need to invest in some really heavy duty hooks though, since ones like Rock N Roll weigh a few pounds

That's a really neat idea... I like that a lot more than putting them out on permanent display.

I hear ya on the bigger ones, though... I have one from a half mary last year that makes the RnR ones seem lightweight.  It's like 8" of thick, solid steel.

2014-08-12 1:03 PM

User image

Sensei
Sin City

Originally posted by lisac957

I agree.  The R&R medals are the best by far.  The IM ones or average.  My local Silverman didn't skimp either but not as grand as the R&R ones.  In fact, they are SO nice, they almost make me want to run more races to get the collection.  Or do the special combos to get the special medals (like the double down, etc).

... they ALMOST make me want to run more.

All of mine are in a box. that weighs like 15 lbs now.  I guess I'll break them out when I have kids to prove their old man was an athlete at one time in his life and not just an old man.

2014-08-12 1:26 PM
in reply to: Kido

User image

Sensei
Sin City

Just made an impulse buy and got another coffee French press.  This one is an 8 cup model instead of the 1-2 cups mini one I already have.  Yay.

I swear I have just about every device known for making coffee, but then go to a high end coffee shop and see about a dozen more I want...  syphon, aero press, ceramic pour over system...

2014-08-13 4:32 PM

User image

Elite
Cleveland

Originally posted by Kido

Just made an impulse buy and got another coffee French press.  This one is an 8 cup model instead of the 1-2 cups mini one I already have.  Yay.

I swear I have just about every device known for making coffee, but then go to a high end coffee shop and see about a dozen more I want...  syphon, aero press, ceramic pour over system...

I feel like a coffee snob poser at times... I have the fancy burr grinder and occasionally buy the nicer beans... but then I just put them all in a Mr Coffee drip machine and tell it to brew it as strong as possible.

2014-08-13 5:09 PM

User image

Sensei
Sin City

I feel like a coffee snob poser at times... I have the fancy burr grinder and occasionally buy the nicer beans... but then I just put them all in a Mr Coffee drip machine and tell it to brew it as strong as possible.

I thought my post was poison that killed TAN.  No posts in over a day...

I went through several burr grinders so far - one costing $100 dollars.  Crazy thing is, it's still not good enough to properly grind for espresso.  I may need to fork over the $300 for one of those bad boys.

2014-08-13 5:52 PM

User image

Champion
Williamston, Michigan

I went through several burr grinders so far - one costing $100 dollars.  Crazy thing is, it's still not good enough to properly grind for espresso.  I may need to fork over the $300 for one of those bad boys.

I don't drink coffee..............ducks............I HATE the nasty coffee breath after taste.   I want to run for my tooth brush after I have coffee.  ACK

2014-08-13 5:58 PM
in reply to: Socks

User image

Sensei
Sin City

Originally posted by Socks

I don't drink coffee..............ducks............I HATE the nasty coffee breath after taste.   I want to run for my tooth brush after I have coffee.  ACK

Fair enough.  I won't be expecting much contribution from you in the coffee conversation then.

2014-08-13 9:57 PM

User image

Veteran
Austin
Subject: 1
Did the Austin thing today. Got a sub from Thunderclouds and large sweet tea. Went down by Town lake sat in the shade in the car nice breeze with the windows down, finished my tea listened to some radio, heard the Robin Williams stand up on The Scotts and Golf, great act. I was parked near Deep Eddy pool so I decided to do a short run and swim. I left my phone and wallet in my car, locked the car. Had a great run and swim. I was walking back to my car hit the unlock button on my key and realized I left my windows down. ( What an idiot) Wallet and phone still in car. Whew!
2014-08-14 6:16 AM
in reply to: TXwildcat

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas
Subject: RE: 1

Originally posted by TXwildcat Did the Austin thing today. Got a sub from Thunderclouds and large sweet tea. Went down by Town lake sat in the shade in the car nice breeze with the windows down, finished my tea listened to some radio, heard the Robin Williams stand up on The Scotts and Golf, great act. I was parked near Deep Eddy pool so I decided to do a short run and swim. I left my phone and wallet in my car, locked the car. Had a great run and swim. I was walking back to my car hit the unlock button on my key and realized I left my windows down. ( What an idiot) Wallet and phone still in car. Whew!

haha, d'oh.

2014-08-14 6:18 AM

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas
Subject: ---

my attempt at running last night was a big fail...back to the doc?  find a new sport?  just give up and get fat?  what say TAN?

2014-08-14 10:12 AM

User image

Regular
Madrid
Subject: RE: ---
6 days ? Nope. 6 weeks ? Apparently not. 6 Months ? Maybe thats the answer. In the meantime maybe swimming, biking (?), shelf time ?
2014-08-14 10:24 AM

User image

Pro
Bartlett, TN
Subject: RE: ---

my attempt at running last night was a big fail...back to the doc?  find a new sport?  just give up and get fat?  what say TAN?

I would get fat, I mean I plan on it happening later on in life anyways!  I am can't stay this hott forever! C'mon now!

2014-08-14 10:44 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

I would get fat, I mean I plan on it happening later on in life anyways!  I am can't stay this hott forever! C'mon now!

hahaha that's what i REALLY want to do but i turned down offers of both ice cream and pie last night.  which is very unlike me.  but i don't want to have to buy all new clothes.  too lazy for that.

going to try out a new doc next week.  let's see if he can do better than "if something hurts, don't do it"

Edited by mehaner 2014-08-14 10:45 AM
New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » NewTAN's Third Law of Motion Rss Feed  

of 60

RELATED POSTS

Wii help needed: Want to kill, but get motion sickness

Started by AcesFull
Views: 1638 Posts: 10

2009-01-05 10:42 AM TriRSquared

I'll make a motion...

Started by Sharkie
Views: 2125 Posts: 20

2008-12-11 10:50 AM JoshKaptur

Motion Sickness

Started by soloryder
Views: 1860 Posts: 13

2008-06-20 1:15 PM erin116

Motion Sensors?

Started by steveseer
Views: 2171 Posts: 14

2008-06-03 10:26 PM tech_geezer

can you pass the third grade? Pages: 1 2

Started by gabejd09
Views: 3821 Posts: 33

2004-10-04 2:23 PM Whit
RELATED ARTICLES
date : February 6, 2012
author : AMSSM
comments : 0
How to regain enough range of motion to swim freestyle after a shoulder injury or surgery

date : May 11, 2009
author : FitWerx
Motion capture technology with 2D and 3D analysis offers some powerful benefits compared to just a standard bike fit.
date : May 20, 2008
author : Tri Swim Coach
So tell me why I want to bother swimming the other strokes? I'm IM training, and plan to swim freestyle for the entire race, is there an advantage to working on the other strokes?

date : March 6, 2007
author : AMSSM
If one muscle has restrictions it can limit the range of motion on the connecting joint and have a domino effect as that tension and restriction is carried down the chain.
date : July 4, 2006
author : KevinKonczak
While most do not think about the actual vector breakdown involved in the cycling stroke and where the power is applied in detail, when you finally do think about it, things become clearer.

date : September 4, 2004
author : Gareth
Flexibility, muscle imbalances relating to range of motion and how it affects your swimming technique.
date : September 2, 2004
author : Michael
I was able to spend one Saturday morning in the store conducting this interview and I learned a good bit of information about shoes and proper fitting.

date : September 2, 2004
author : chrisandniki
To avoid a myriad of injuries (joint pain to your knees, ankles, hips, shin splints, foot pain, bruises), it’s invaluable to find the right running shoes.