of 60

2014-08-14 11:30 AM
in reply to: mehaner

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member
Subject: RE: NewTAN's Third Law of Motion

Listening to the weirdest exchange over cubicle walls:

10:30 a.m. - I'm hungry, I'm going to McDonalds to get one of them new Dinner Box Deals. You know, 2 Big Macs, 2 Cheeseburgers, chicken nuggets, 4 small fries, and 4 drinks. Would you eat some of it? Sure! Great!

11:00 a.m. - Have a cheeseburger and fries! yum! So good! Such a great deal! Thanks man!

11:30 a.m. - Have some more fries! No thanks, I'm miserable, ate too much. Yuck. But man these boxes would be great for the kids after softball you know??

2014-08-14 12:25 PM
in reply to: lisac957

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

Originally posted by lisac957

10:30 a.m. - I'm hungry, I'm going to McDonalds to get one of them new Dinner Box Deals. You know, 2 Big Macs, 2 Cheeseburgers, chicken nuggets, 4 small fries, and 4 drinks. Would you eat some of it? Sure! Great!

11:00 a.m. - Have a cheeseburger and fries! yum! So good! Such a great deal! Thanks man!

11:30 a.m. - Have some more fries! No thanks, I'm miserable, ate too much. Yuck. But man these boxes would be great for the kids after softball you know??

does that guy know that is supposed to be for a whole family and not just a late morning snack???

2014-08-14 12:32 PM

User image

Pro
Bartlett, TN

I just came back form a sushi buffet!  Not sure I will be to productive for the rest of the day.

2014-08-14 12:35 PM
in reply to: jford2309

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

Originally posted by jford2309

I just came back form a sushi buffet!  Not sure I will be to productive for the rest of the day.

YUMMMM i am a sushi addict

2014-08-14 12:54 PM

User image

Sensei
Sin City

Originally posted by mehaner

I never saw it before getting to Vegas, but we have all-u-can-eat sushi places all over.  I'm talking good places too, where each order is hand made on the spot.  Not a buffet that has it all out on ice or something.

Typically $20 - $25 bucks/pp.  SOOOOOOOOO  fun/good!

If any of you get to Vegas, I will be happy to point you in the right direction or take you somewhere...

2014-08-14 1:03 PM
in reply to: Kido

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

Originally posted by Kido

I never saw it before getting to Vegas, but we have all-u-can-eat sushi places all over.  I'm talking good places too, where each order is hand made on the spot.  Not a buffet that has it all out on ice or something.

If any of you get to Vegas, I will be happy to point you in the right direction or take you somewhere...

We just got a place that is only $17 all you can eat fresh to order sushi and it is GOOD.  when i do takeout by myself i easily put away $20 worth....

2014-08-14 1:15 PM

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

We just got a place that is only $17 all you can eat fresh to order sushi and it is GOOD.  when i do takeout by myself i easily put away $20 worth....

I NEED to find sushi places in Austin!!!  I think I'm suffering from raw fish withdrawal.  

2014-08-14 1:20 PM
in reply to: blueyedbikergirl

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

Originally posted by blueyedbikergirl

I NEED to find sushi places in Austin!!!  I think I'm suffering from raw fish withdrawal.  

how hard are they to find??

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=sushi%20restaurants%20austin%2C%20TX

2014-08-14 2:22 PM

User image

Sensei
Sin City

Maybe it's the engineer in me, or the 'frugal' side of me, but I'm ALWAYS making sure I'm getting my money's worth!  But that's not hard to do.  Get a nice gourmet roll, that's $10 each regular price.  So get 2-3 of those, plus all KINDS of nigiri, an oyster shooter, some baby octopi, and several other higher end items and we make a killing!   

2014-08-14 2:44 PM

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

how hard are they to find??

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=sushi%20restaurants%20austin%2C%20TX

I should have qualified it with good.  I NEED to find GOOD sushi places in Austin!  

But I will refrain from looking until Labour Day weekend which is when Tony get here -  YAY!!!  

Feels like I haven't had sushi in for.ev.errrrrrrrr  

2014-08-14 2:45 PM

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Maybe it's the engineer in me, or the 'frugal' side of me, but I'm ALWAYS making sure I'm getting my money's worth!  But that's not hard to do.  Get a nice gourmet roll, that's $10 each regular price.  So get 2-3 of those, plus all KINDS of nigiri, an oyster shooter, some baby octopi, and several other higher end items and we make a killing!   

I'm the same way... I don't want to go to a buffet or to AYCE unless I KNOW I'm going to get my money's worth out of it!   

2014-08-14 2:50 PM

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member

Originally posted by lisac957

Continued:

2:50 p.m. Man I feel like my cholesterol shot through the roof today! Too bad Long John Silvers doesn't offer a big ol' bucket like that, I'd be all over it!

2014-08-14 3:13 PM

User image

Champion
Chicago
the good thing about working for a major major newspaper is that people send you stuff. So we can't take anything of value, but a lot of times these food companies will send over boxes of their foods. Today it's all gluten free cookies and snacks. And the boss said to wrap it up by 430pm as he sent someone to buy a bunch of booze for the office.
2014-08-14 3:16 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Sensei
Sin City

The sushi talk to get me all hot and bothered but back to my regular schedule programing - kale superfood salad...   Joy...

One thing about kale, it sure cleans out a system.  It's like the S.O.S pad or roto-rooter of the culinary world.

Picking through it, I see Kale (duh), sunflower seeds, julienned carrots, red onion, dried cranberries, fresh blueberries, sliced raw almonds all in a light vinaigrette.  Not awful, but no unagi or caterpillar roll.  

Edited by Kido 2014-08-14 3:22 PM
2014-08-14 3:28 PM

User image

Sensei
Sin City

Going to lunch with the guy that first hired me when I moved to Vegas like a generation ago.  He wants me to work for him it seems and is going to try and tempt me away from my current place of employ.

Interesting because I'm not sure we got along that well - to the point that I often wondered if I ever ran into him on the street, I might even sock him in the mouth (well, not really, but it was fun to fantasize about when trying to drift off to sleep or on a run

Maybe he's changed, maybe he thinks I changed, or maybe because any other qualified engineer he might know has moved out of the state.

I'll get a free lunch out of it at least and catch up but the thought of going back to working for him and remembering some of the BAD times that I tried to forget (even though there were plenty of good times too) get's me anxious. 

2014-08-14 3:29 PM

User image

Sensei
Sin City

I'm growing my goatee back and someone snuck into the house last night and dyed it gray while I was sleeping.  WTF?  It used to be a random hair or two the last time I had one.

2014-08-14 8:39 PM

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

I'm growing my goatee back and someone snuck into the house last night and dyed it gray while I was sleeping.  WTF?  It used to be a random hair or two the last time I had one.

is this the first time you've grown it in since cancer?  i have a co-worker that recently went through radiation and chemo (i think) and shaved his (very dark) hair rather than lose it, now that it's growing back it is COMPLETELY white.

2014-08-15 6:40 AM

User image

Master
Southwest Iowa

Drive by Friday morning TAN!!!!  Hello all and hope you all have an awesome day and weekend!!!! 

Going to a small town farmers market after work with some friends and listen to some local musicians.  Then Saturday we have invited about 125 people to our house for a shrimp boil.  Then Sunday, getting back with my old Rock band to relearn some music for a cancer benefit we are doing in about 6 weeks..  I hope I can remember the lyrics and the music again.  Haven't been playing hard rock in about 10 years.

2014-08-15 6:42 AM
in reply to: blueyedbikergirl

User image

Master
Southwest Iowa

OK, I have been out of TAN way too long.  When did Monica move to Austin???

2014-08-15 11:55 AM
in reply to: flip18436572

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

hello dead TAN!  what's everyone's weekend plans?

2014-08-15 12:06 PM

User image

Regular
Central Coast, CA

Weekend plans: go on a bike ride then get on a plane, whee! Anyone have any tips for Nashville, TN?

2014-08-15 12:15 PM
in reply to: MOlsen

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

Originally posted by MOlsen

Weekend plans: go on a bike ride then get on a plane, whee! Anyone have any tips for Nashville, TN?

earplugs?  (i hate country music)

2014-08-15 1:45 PM
in reply to: flip18436572

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Originally posted by flip18436572

OK, I have been out of TAN way too long.  When did Monica move to Austin???

Oh yeah, that... Um... I got here July 4th and then promptly left to Atlanta for a week before moving into the current apartment.  

I'm heading back to Chicago on the 28th to get Tony and bring him back with me.   

2014-08-15 1:48 PM

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

hello dead TAN!  what's everyone's weekend plans?

Going to try and ride with a different group this weekend... one that actually knows how to ride hills, and I have a 9 mile run to do at some point.  

Couch delivery sometime between 11:15am-1:15pm tomorrow - it will be nice to have a FULL couch as opposed to the 2/3rds we currently have

Maybe try SUP???    

2014-08-15 2:51 PM

User image

Regular
Central Coast, CA

Originally posted by MOlsen

earplugs?  (i hate country music)

Right there with you!

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » NewTAN's Third Law of Motion Rss Feed  

of 60

RELATED POSTS

Wii help needed: Want to kill, but get motion sickness

Started by AcesFull
Views: 1641 Posts: 10

2009-01-05 10:42 AM TriRSquared

I'll make a motion...

Started by Sharkie
Views: 2126 Posts: 20

2008-12-11 10:50 AM JoshKaptur

Motion Sickness

Started by soloryder
Views: 1863 Posts: 13

2008-06-20 1:15 PM erin116

Motion Sensors?

Started by steveseer
Views: 2176 Posts: 14

2008-06-03 10:26 PM tech_geezer

can you pass the third grade? Pages: 1 2

Started by gabejd09
Views: 3827 Posts: 33

2004-10-04 2:23 PM Whit
RELATED ARTICLES
date : February 6, 2012
author : AMSSM
comments : 0
How to regain enough range of motion to swim freestyle after a shoulder injury or surgery

date : May 11, 2009
author : FitWerx
Motion capture technology with 2D and 3D analysis offers some powerful benefits compared to just a standard bike fit.
date : May 20, 2008
author : Tri Swim Coach
So tell me why I want to bother swimming the other strokes? I'm IM training, and plan to swim freestyle for the entire race, is there an advantage to working on the other strokes?

date : March 6, 2007
author : AMSSM
If one muscle has restrictions it can limit the range of motion on the connecting joint and have a domino effect as that tension and restriction is carried down the chain.
date : July 4, 2006
author : KevinKonczak
While most do not think about the actual vector breakdown involved in the cycling stroke and where the power is applied in detail, when you finally do think about it, things become clearer.

date : September 4, 2004
author : Gareth
Flexibility, muscle imbalances relating to range of motion and how it affects your swimming technique.
date : September 2, 2004
author : Michael
I was able to spend one Saturday morning in the store conducting this interview and I learned a good bit of information about shoes and proper fitting.

date : September 2, 2004
author : chrisandniki
To avoid a myriad of injuries (joint pain to your knees, ankles, hips, shin splints, foot pain, bruises), it’s invaluable to find the right running shoes.