Edited by jford2309 2014-08-28 2:33 PM

2014-08-29 8:03 AM
in reply to: jford2309

User image

Master
Toronto
Bronze member
Subject: RE: NewTAN's Third Law of Motion

Hey TAN, I know the thread's been quiet this week and may be even quieter today but I am in the office, doing work at my desk and need entertainment.

Who else is around? What's going on?

2014-08-29 9:01 AM
in reply to: juniperjen

User image

Pro
Bartlett, TN

I just bought a Keurig for my office!  Work gave us a 30% off coupon!!!

2014-08-29 9:06 AM

User image

Master
Toronto
Bronze member

Sweet! Lots of options for warm beverages now!  Do you have a variety of k-cups??

I am about to go cash in my punch card for a fancy latte - bought 9 drinks, next one on them! Way too spoiled in this office building which has at least 4 coffee places in it and then a whole bunch on the same block ... means way too much $$ spent too. 

2014-08-29 9:13 AM

User image

Pro
Bartlett, TN

Originally posted by juniperjen

Sweet! Lots of options for warm beverages now!  Do you have a variety of k-cups??

I am about to go cash in my punch card for a fancy latte - bought 9 drinks, next one on them! Way too spoiled in this office building which has at least 4 coffee places in it and then a whole bunch on the same block ... means way too much $$ spent too. 

which is why I bought my own coffee maker. I also bought a reusable K-cup thingy so I can put regular coffee and brew if I want!

2014-08-29 9:55 AM

User image

Master
Toronto
Bronze member

It is a good plan to save on the coffee $$.  And for me at least would reduce what I also spend then on treats as well ... 

But the hazelnut latte is so delicious downstairs.  

My parents are in love with their Keurig.  My mom orders all kinds of k-cups on line. And they both have their favourites.  It's kind of funny how attached to it they are considering that all the time i was growing up they pretty well only drank instant coffee (mostly because they both work shifts) - so i don't think the Keurig actually saves them money but they drink much better coffee now! 

2014-08-29 10:08 AM

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member

My boyfriends parents TRAVEL with a mini-Keirig. It's actually the same one I have at home but they call it their "travel Keirug." His dad drinks, no exaggeration, 8 cups a day so they take the whole machine and a full box of k-cups just for him. It's the first thing they set up in their hotel room or VRBO house, it's cute.

Also I can't spell Keurig. 

2014-08-29 11:20 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro
Bartlett, TN

Do you know that at one time, Goggs and I had a plan to recreate everyone's avatar picture in TAN and to leave them up until they noticed and then we would move to the next one?

the good ol days

Edited by jford2309 2014-08-29 11:20 AM
2014-08-29 12:13 PM

User image

Master
Toronto
Bronze member

Funny - didn't one of you guys do that for a while? Oh no, that was when Bryan got kicked out of the forums - a bunch of people changed their profile pic to his.

It was confusing. 

I just got an email that the tri i am doing tomorrow had to move the swim and thus the rest of the race has to be re-jigged. I guess the main beach is closed due to e-coli.  Should be interesting and lucky that they had another beach in the park to use ... i guess i am going to be careful (how, i don't know) and try not to drink any lake water ...

2014-08-29 2:57 PM

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member

Originally posted by jford2309

Do you know that at one time, Goggs and I had a plan to recreate everyone's avatar picture in TAN and to leave them up until they noticed and then we would move to the next one?

the good ol days

Are you enough of an old-timer to remember the Trixie photo re-creation contest? That was pretty epic. I think a few threads got pulled in that process.

2014-08-29 3:05 PM
in reply to: lisac957

User image

Pro
Bartlett, TN

Originally posted by lisac957

Originally posted by jford2309

the good ol days

Are you enough of an old-timer to remember the Trixie photo re-creation contest? That was pretty epic. I think a few threads got pulled in that process.

several attempts were made at recreating your avatar!  and barely, but I wasn't involved as much back then

2014-08-29 3:34 PM

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

It is a good plan to save on the coffee $$.  And for me at least would reduce what I also spend then on treats as well ... 

But the hazelnut latte is so delicious downstairs.  

My parents are in love with their Keurig.  My mom orders all kinds of k-cups on line. And they both have their favourites.  It's kind of funny how attached to it they are considering that all the time i was growing up they pretty well only drank instant coffee (mostly because they both work shifts) - so i don't think the Keurig actually saves them money but they drink much better coffee now! 

maybe they only like the keurig because they like instant coffee, it's not much better.  blech!

however keurig CONVENIENCE is nice.  i wish i had the counter space for an espresso machine in my life.  drip coffee is just not enough.

2014-08-29 7:28 PM
in reply to: mehaner

User image

Master
Toronto
Bronze member

Meh, that is exactly true - we have a pretty fancy espresso machine - which (insert embarrassed face) we have taken on vacation with us in a similar way to Lisa's BF's parents.  We brought it to Mont Tremblant when we did the IM, we were there for more than a week and had a kitchen.  God, we are such yuppies but we buy our beans at a little coffee place near us that roasts its own beans ... so my mom being superlative over the Keurig is good for her but we won't be getting one any time soon -- because we are fancy apparently.  But she also likes it a lot when we make lattes for her at our house. 

I need to give my small-town girl card back

2014-08-30 11:59 AM

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member

Ha! I don't knock bringing stuff with you on vacay - at first I thought it was funny but seeing how much coffee his Dad drinks - it makes sense! 

I have been known to bring a toaster with me to race hotels. At one point in my life I thought I couldn't function without a bagel before a race. Hmm those were my fastest days......

2014-09-02 9:49 AM

User image

Master
Toronto
Bronze member

Good morning TAN- busy doing some mostly clerical type work right now - thought I would poke in? 

Happy short week!

How was the weekend everyone?

I had a great race to close out my tri season on Saturday! Super thrilled with it.  I did two tris this year and both went way better than I expected.  So, I am very happy.  

2014-09-02 9:49 AM

User image

Elite
Cleveland

Happy September, TAN.

3 and a wake-up before vacay!

Even better (ok, it's not better, but it's still pretty welcomed), two weeks after I return from vacay, at the start of October, I will begin my taper in what has been the longest HIM build, ever (started in late February).

2014-09-02 9:51 AM

User image

Elite
Cleveland

How was the weekend everyone?

We took the girls fishing on Sunday, and the oldest caught her first fish!  A pretty nice sized catfish

That alone made the weekend.

2014-09-02 9:54 AM

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member

Woohoo great job Jen!!

I worked all weekend.

Have you ever seen a crawl on your TV that says something like "your cable company is in negotiations with this station owner. If they don't come to an agreement by X date, this station's programming will not be available. Call your cable company and tell them that they suck."

We (I work for the cable company) had an agreement expiring Sunday night and it went down to the last 15 minutes. My team (well, me now) coordinates all of the moving parts if we do end up cutting programming so I had 50 people on a conference call in 4 states ready to pull the plug. We didn't have to, but we had to work towards the deadline like we would. Super stressful.

2014-09-02 11:36 AM

User image

Regular
Central Coast, CA

Back to the "real" world after a whirlwind super long (5 day!) weekend. On Friday I participated in the Disney 5k fun run through Disneyland. My wife completed her first official 5k at a brisk walk, which was a big accomplishment for her as she works her way "off the couch".

2014-09-02 12:30 PM

User image

Elite
Cleveland

Originally posted by lisac957

Woohoo great job Jen!!

I worked all weekend.

Have you ever seen a crawl on your TV that says something like "your cable company is in negotiations with this station owner. If they don't come to an agreement by X date, this station's programming will not be available. Call your cable company and tell them that they suck."

We (I work for the cable company) had an agreement expiring Sunday night and it went down to the last 15 minutes. My team (well, me now) coordinates all of the moving parts if we do end up cutting programming so I had 50 people on a conference call in 4 states ready to pull the plug. We didn't have to, but we had to work towards the deadline like we would. Super stressful.

I saw such a crawl on my TV this weekend.   I simply smiled and chuckled because I use rabbit ears on my fancy-schmancy TV.

2014-09-02 12:51 PM

User image

Master
Toronto
Bronze member

Yikes, Lisa that sounds stressful. I am sure it's exciting too - if you like that kind of thing. My DH likes negotiations and stuff but I have trouble with it. I just want it to be over!   Do you get any time off for working so hard over the weekend? 

I think i might be pooched. I biked to work today and the weather said there was a 60% chance of rain until 4:00. Well, i need to leave at 4 when it drops to 30% ... so i chance it and bike. the hourly forecast doesn't look any different but the radar is showing rain until sometime around 7pm.  Ech.  I do have a jacket but it's really humid out too.  I'll be a wreck when I get to the daycare to pick up DD.  

2014-09-02 1:26 PM

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

working from home this afternoon because it's 100 degrees out with high humidity and our a/c is STILL not fixed (after about a month).

did i mention that the governor gave us a check for $2mil and we still refuse to rent a damn chiller so people can work?

2014-09-02 1:51 PM
in reply to: mehaner

User image

Sensei
Sin City

Random additions.  All in one post to avoid the "multi-post".

• My step mother had a freak accident and ended up getting drug by her leg by her own SUV 50' across a parking lot before it hit a light pole.  Needed to get back surgery over the weekend to release some pressure on her spine.  All is "well" for the time being.
  • Really getting back in to photography again.  More than I ever was.  Messing around with High Dynamic Range shooting and toying with Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop - I made some so-so vacation snapshots we took years ago into some amazing photos..  Man, you can spend a lot of time (and money) in this hobby.  Dropped $1000 just on two new lenses this weekend alone!  I got my eye on a new body as well - but that's another $1500 and I'm just not ready to pull the trigger on jumping into another expensive hobby quite yet- Triathlon was bad enough with all the bikes and races and such - but at least I still have the bikes and memories!
  • Was into hot yoga for a hot minute (ok, about a month) but haven't gone in a couple weeks.  Saw some old pictures of me during my triathlon days and doing p90x - I COULD get skinny again if I wanted - I have photographic evidence.  So need to go back.  My insert some p90x type workouts back in as well.
  • Went to play golf on Sunday at an EXPENSIVE course ($250 a round per person).  Granted, I won the foursome in a raffle, so it didn't cost me a dime.  PLUS the people I took were so grateful, they bought all my food and drinks!  It is at a course where they recreate all the classic holes from the links courses in Europe.  Pulled off an amazing trick shot as well and had a TON of fun!
  • Got yet ANOTHER (and maybe the best?) coffee making device - the Aeroopress - It makes an "espresso like" drink.  I did a taste test against the my regular espresso machine, a moka pot, and the Aeropress.  The press being the smoothest of all.  I added water to it to make an Americano and put it up against the same grind going through my Keurig and Drop machines and was please...  My current go to is the French press.  It's simply just the best way to make coffee, IMO - which is all I have been drinking.  But that's what's "cool" about being a coffee snob! - different extraction methods of the exact same coffee bean will deliver completely unique flavor profiles.  Just depends on what mood you are in.

I hope everyone is cruising along with no major life issues...  It's been hella dead in here the last week.  Even MORE dead than it has been for maybe all of 2014.

2014-09-02 2:37 PM
in reply to: Kido

User image

Champion
Williamston, Michigan

Random thoughts
-How am I supposed to do an effective physical exam and history when you bring 4 kids all screaming and misbehaving and under the age of 7 with you to the appt? AND you have no insurance so I can't send you to PT or order any tests. AND I can't explain what is wrong because you are yelling at your kids. OMG.
-Is it the responsibility of the bride and groom to pay for everyone to get to their wedding? Because I have never heard of such a thing but that is how I am being made to feel. AND responsible for their lodging and local transportation. WTF? If you can't afford it don't come.
-Its a sauna here in Florida right now.

2014-09-02 2:59 PM
in reply to: Kido

User image

Elite
Cleveland

Originally posted by Kido

• I got my eye on a new body as well - but that's another $1500 

Don't tell Joan Rivers that you can get them that cheap!

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » NewTAN's Third Law of Motion Rss Feed  

of 60

RELATED POSTS

Wii help needed: Want to kill, but get motion sickness

Started by AcesFull
Views: 1636 Posts: 10

2009-01-05 10:42 AM TriRSquared

I'll make a motion...

Started by Sharkie
Views: 2125 Posts: 20

2008-12-11 10:50 AM JoshKaptur

Motion Sickness

Started by soloryder
Views: 1859 Posts: 13

2008-06-20 1:15 PM erin116

Motion Sensors?

Started by steveseer
Views: 2170 Posts: 14

2008-06-03 10:26 PM tech_geezer

can you pass the third grade? Pages: 1 2

Started by gabejd09
Views: 3816 Posts: 33

2004-10-04 2:23 PM Whit
RELATED ARTICLES
date : February 6, 2012
author : AMSSM
comments : 0
How to regain enough range of motion to swim freestyle after a shoulder injury or surgery

date : May 11, 2009
author : FitWerx
Motion capture technology with 2D and 3D analysis offers some powerful benefits compared to just a standard bike fit.
date : May 20, 2008
author : Tri Swim Coach
So tell me why I want to bother swimming the other strokes? I'm IM training, and plan to swim freestyle for the entire race, is there an advantage to working on the other strokes?

date : March 6, 2007
author : AMSSM
If one muscle has restrictions it can limit the range of motion on the connecting joint and have a domino effect as that tension and restriction is carried down the chain.
date : July 4, 2006
author : KevinKonczak
While most do not think about the actual vector breakdown involved in the cycling stroke and where the power is applied in detail, when you finally do think about it, things become clearer.

date : September 4, 2004
author : Gareth
Flexibility, muscle imbalances relating to range of motion and how it affects your swimming technique.
date : September 2, 2004
author : Michael
I was able to spend one Saturday morning in the store conducting this interview and I learned a good bit of information about shoes and proper fitting.

date : September 2, 2004
author : chrisandniki
To avoid a myriad of injuries (joint pain to your knees, ankles, hips, shin splints, foot pain, bruises), it’s invaluable to find the right running shoes.