2014-10-15 2:40 PM
in reply to: Socks

User image

Pro
Bartlett, TN
Subject: RE: NewTAN's Third Law of Motion

Originally posted by Socks

Originally posted by Kido

Another project completion party tonight.  This could be a real drunkfest.  No press, no VIP's, just the contractors and design team renting out a restaurant with open tab, free appetizers, door prizes...

I could very well be incapacitated tomorrow.

I'm in one of my weird sleep problem phases.  Wake 3-4 hours after falling to sleep exhausted, but also feel like I'm tripping out on something.  Mind going crazy and not letting me sleep, restless, but not truly awake.  For some reason, the only thing that seems to work is a touch of food, something to drink, and I move to the couch and 30-45 minutes later, fall asleep.  The only thing that's different is I'm on some antibiotics.  I wonder if that does it?  May just be one of those time things are off.

Installed and played with Rosetta Stone last night.  I really dig it.  It's totally different than taking it in HS or in a class setting.  I didn't understand the different "approach" they keep talking about but it only took 30 minutes to realize what they meant.  It's fun and cool and I want to keep going.  UNLIKE HS French class!

Party sounds fun...............can I come..Oh snap I live like 2000 miles away.  I should get rosetta stone

In other news I had my knee/hand surgery friday.  Hand will be fine but it turns out 10% of my tendon was shredded so good thing I took care of that pesky trigger finger. I never really hurt its just highly annoying to have your finger get stuck in flexion.  My knee is not so good. 1/2 my ACL graft was shredded and floating about in my knee getting stuck in my joint and what is left is not functioning so well.  I had a lateral menicus tear and an osteochondral lesion on my lateral femoral condyle which upsets me greatly

Also my beloved Charlie cat died early monday morning.  I am very sad and miss my snuggle bug fur baby very much. 

Even though I am not a fan of cats, I am sorry for your loss.

2014-10-15 2:50 PM
in reply to: jford2309

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

Originally posted by jford2309

Another project completion party tonight.  This could be a real drunkfest.  No press, no VIP's, just the contractors and design team renting out a restaurant with open tab, free appetizers, door prizes...

I could very well be incapacitated tomorrow.

I'm in one of my weird sleep problem phases.  Wake 3-4 hours after falling to sleep exhausted, but also feel like I'm tripping out on something.  Mind going crazy and not letting me sleep, restless, but not truly awake.  For some reason, the only thing that seems to work is a touch of food, something to drink, and I move to the couch and 30-45 minutes later, fall asleep.  The only thing that's different is I'm on some antibiotics.  I wonder if that does it?  May just be one of those time things are off.

Installed and played with Rosetta Stone last night.  I really dig it.  It's totally different than taking it in HS or in a class setting.  I didn't understand the different "approach" they keep talking about but it only took 30 minutes to realize what they meant.  It's fun and cool and I want to keep going.  UNLIKE HS French class!

Party sounds fun...............can I come..Oh snap I live like 2000 miles away.  I should get rosetta stone

In other news I had my knee/hand surgery friday.  Hand will be fine but it turns out 10% of my tendon was shredded so good thing I took care of that pesky trigger finger. I never really hurt its just highly annoying to have your finger get stuck in flexion.  My knee is not so good. 1/2 my ACL graft was shredded and floating about in my knee getting stuck in my joint and what is left is not functioning so well.  I had a lateral menicus tear and an osteochondral lesion on my lateral femoral condyle which upsets me greatly

Also my beloved Charlie cat died early monday morning.  I am very sad and miss my snuggle bug fur baby very much. 

Even though I am not a fan of cats, I am sorry for your loss.

pets are family (some pets are better than most family!) sorry to hear it

2014-10-15 3:14 PM

User image

Sensei
Sin City

Sorry about Charley. 

2014-10-15 3:19 PM
in reply to: mehaner

User image

Sensei
Sin City

Originally posted by mehaner

They were talking on the radio last night that someone had offered and additional 140k for a house IF the family cat of the current owner would stay...

Then they started talking about how much is a pet "worth".  Someone was saying they would consider it if it was 500k for their dog.  The other guy said he would start thinking at around 2k...

Sort of one of those interesting "what if" conversations...

I love my little guys (and cry over them when they are sick or hurt), but I don't think it would need to even be close to 100k before I started to think "hmmmmm, they will be safe and happy, right?"

Maybe not 10k but 20 would need serious consideration, I'm thinking.

2014-10-15 3:55 PM
in reply to: Kido

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member

They were talking on the radio last night that someone had offered and additional 140k for a house IF the family cat of the current owner would stay...

Then they started talking about how much is a pet "worth".  Someone was saying they would consider it if it was 500k for their dog.  The other guy said he would start thinking at around 2k...

I love my little guys (and cry over them when they are sick or hurt), but I don't think it would need to even be close to 100k before I started to think "hmmmmm, they will be safe and happy, right?"

An easy, yet heartbreaking way to determine this is to think about if the vet told you they needed a life-saving surgery and that surgery would cost.... $1k. $2K. $5K. $10K. Where is your limit? My parents dropped between $2-3K on their dog's back surgery but it was worth it to them. I am not sure what I would do.

Sue, really sorry about your loss I am going give my Bentley some extra hugs tonight

2014-10-15 4:03 PM
in reply to: lisac957

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Originally posted by lisac957

An easy, yet heartbreaking way to determine this is to think about if the vet told you they needed a life-saving surgery and that surgery would cost.... $1k. $2K. $5K. $10K. Where is your limit? My parents dropped between $2-3K on their dog's back surgery but it was worth it to them. I am not sure what I would do.

Sue, really sorry about your loss I am going give my Bentley some extra hugs tonight

UGH!  I don't even want to think about that for our kittehs!  Tony got a call last night that the cat he got in 1996 and then gave to his friend when he moved to Omaha just went into renal failure and is going to be heading over the rainbow bridge.   

2014-10-16 8:53 AM

User image

Pro

My parents have had my dog since June while I've been off playing Army. They keep telling me they are going to keep him!

I know the are (half) joking... but I got to thinking that instead of living with just me, he's with my parents - only one of which still works full time, my grandparents - both very much retired and they feed him SO MUCH, and he gets my nieces two days a week. Freaking spoiled.

I'm going to feel so guilty taking him back and leaving him alone all day :-/

I told them if I move within driving distance, I'll split dog time with them. I couldn't imagine giving him up, unless it was for a much, much better life.

But I'm still the only one that lets him sleep in my bed

2014-10-16 12:42 PM
in reply to: ratherbeswimming

User image

Sensei
Sin City

I'm on fire today!  I needed that.  I was out of it yesterday and procrastinated on some stuff that I couldn't muster up the strength for.  Found out it was far easier than feared and now wish I did it earlier so I didn't stress about the fact I was putting it off...

Such is life.

2014-10-16 1:33 PM

User image

Elite
Cleveland

I'm on fire today!  I needed that.  I was out of it yesterday and procrastinated on some stuff that I couldn't muster up the strength for.  Found out it was far easier than feared and now wish I did it earlier so I didn't stress about the fact I was putting it off...

Such is life.

Love days like that.  I get it a lot... projects that you put off until you just can't any longer, only to find out that it was crazy simple and you thought it would be difficult for no reason at all.

2014-10-16 5:57 PM
in reply to: cgregg

User image

Regular
Central Coast, CA

This day in history (tomorrow edition): One year ago the great London Beer Flood spilled 323,000 gallons of beer and killed 8 people!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_Beer_Flood

2014-10-17 10:50 AM
in reply to: MOlsen

User image

Elite
Cleveland

Originally posted by MOlsen

This day in history (tomorrow edition): One year ago the great London Beer Flood spilled 323,000 gallons of beer and killed 8 people!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_Beer_Flood

It brings a tear to my eye.

2014-10-20 10:28 AM
in reply to: cgregg

User image

Pro
Bartlett, TN

Yeah, I have nothing to add

2014-10-20 10:44 AM
in reply to: jford2309

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

today i truly give exactly zero sh1ts at work and want to go nap in my car.  that's OK, right?

2014-10-20 11:24 AM

User image

Champion
Williamston, Michigan

today i truly give exactly zero sh1ts at work and want to go nap in my car.  that's OK, right?

Me too lets play hookey.  I could use a nice nap

2014-10-21 8:08 AM

User image

Pro

A day late... but I'm in. I'm out of this place in 3.5 weeks and have already given all of the sh1ts i have. There are zero left.

2014-10-21 8:26 AM
in reply to: ratherbeswimming

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

Originally posted by ratherbeswimming

A day late... but I'm in. I'm out of this place in 3.5 weeks and have already given all of the sh1ts i have. There are zero left.

i've got 2 months left and already on short-timer brain :-P

anyone have a job for me in texas?

2014-10-21 8:30 AM

User image

New user
Austin, Texas

Which part of Texas you movin to? I'm lookin at Austin myself. I've been there a few times and it's really cool.

2014-10-21 9:02 AM
in reply to: trijamie

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

Originally posted by trijamie

Which part of Texas you movin to? I'm lookin at Austin myself. I've been there a few times and it's really cool.

san antonio...looking at downtown condos instead of working right now :-D

2014-10-21 10:24 AM

User image

New user
Austin, Texas

Originally posted by trijamie

san antonio...looking at downtown condos instead of working right now :-D

Ah neat. The river walk in San Antonio is a really pretty area!

2014-10-21 1:14 PM
in reply to: trijamie

User image

Master
Southwest Iowa

I definitely need to stop in here more often.  Is everyone trying to move to Texas?  And why Texas????

2014-10-21 2:16 PM
in reply to: flip18436572

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

Originally posted by flip18436572

I definitely need to stop in here more often.  Is everyone trying to move to Texas?  And why Texas????

FEWER RIGHTS FOR WIMMENZ!  YEE HAW!

2014-10-21 2:39 PM

User image

Champion
Williamston, Michigan

FEWER RIGHTS FOR WIMMENZ!  YEE HAW!

I hated Texas but I was practically in Mexico.  San Antonio is a good town

2014-10-22 6:42 AM

User image

Master
Southwest Iowa

I only visited Texas when I did my one week a year with my father and sometimes a Christmas holiday when my parents were divorced.  He taught at UTA and then at UTSA when it opened up.  So my version is nowhere near current, but I only was there long enough to see the tourist sites, and thought it was over crowded way back then.  :-)

2014-10-22 6:54 AM
in reply to: flip18436572

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

I only visited Texas when I did my one week a year with my father and sometimes a Christmas holiday when my parents were divorced.  He taught at UTA and then at UTSA when it opened up.  So my version is nowhere near current, but I only was there long enough to see the tourist sites, and thought it was over crowded way back then.  :-)

i like cities, trying to talk mr meh into living downtown, he HATES people and crowds, so we shall see!

REMEMBER THE ALAMOOOOOOO

2014-10-22 8:21 AM

User image

Master
Southwest Iowa

i like cities, trying to talk mr meh into living downtown, he HATES people and crowds, so we shall see!

REMEMBER THE ALAMOOOOOOO

Did I miss that you got a new job in San Antonio?  Isn't that going to put your way too close to Tony?

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » NewTAN's Third Law of Motion Rss Feed  

of 60

RELATED POSTS

Wii help needed: Want to kill, but get motion sickness

Started by AcesFull
Views: 1633 Posts: 10

2009-01-05 10:42 AM TriRSquared

I'll make a motion...

Started by Sharkie
Views: 2117 Posts: 20

2008-12-11 10:50 AM JoshKaptur

Motion Sickness

Started by soloryder
Views: 1856 Posts: 13

2008-06-20 1:15 PM erin116

Motion Sensors?

Started by steveseer
Views: 2167 Posts: 14

2008-06-03 10:26 PM tech_geezer

can you pass the third grade? Pages: 1 2

Started by gabejd09
Views: 3813 Posts: 33

2004-10-04 2:23 PM Whit
RELATED ARTICLES
date : February 6, 2012
author : AMSSM
comments : 0
How to regain enough range of motion to swim freestyle after a shoulder injury or surgery

date : May 11, 2009
author : FitWerx
Motion capture technology with 2D and 3D analysis offers some powerful benefits compared to just a standard bike fit.
date : May 20, 2008
author : Tri Swim Coach
So tell me why I want to bother swimming the other strokes? I'm IM training, and plan to swim freestyle for the entire race, is there an advantage to working on the other strokes?

date : March 6, 2007
author : AMSSM
If one muscle has restrictions it can limit the range of motion on the connecting joint and have a domino effect as that tension and restriction is carried down the chain.
date : July 4, 2006
author : KevinKonczak
While most do not think about the actual vector breakdown involved in the cycling stroke and where the power is applied in detail, when you finally do think about it, things become clearer.

date : September 4, 2004
author : Gareth
Flexibility, muscle imbalances relating to range of motion and how it affects your swimming technique.
date : September 2, 2004
author : Michael
I was able to spend one Saturday morning in the store conducting this interview and I learned a good bit of information about shoes and proper fitting.

date : September 2, 2004
author : chrisandniki
To avoid a myriad of injuries (joint pain to your knees, ankles, hips, shin splints, foot pain, bruises), it’s invaluable to find the right running shoes.