Other Resources My Cup of Joe » NewTAN's Third Law of Motion Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 60

2015-05-24 8:13 AM
in reply to: maxmattmick

User image

Elite
Subject: RE: NewTAN's Third Law of Motion

Originally posted by maxmattmick what has happened to TAN? Where is everybody??
They all just wandered off.  No particular reason given.  

I just happened by but I shall update my weekend.  Yesterday, we went to check on JWKMH's mom.  She is at a point that she needs reminders to take her meds and ... eat.  Sad.  We had lunch with some high school friends and got to meet one couple's new grandson.  We laughed a lot.  Happy.  I have a couple of woodworking projects going on.  Fun.  We shall go to the lake this afternoon and watch the Memorial Day crowd from the dock.  So many boats.  Entertaining.  I biked yesterday.  I have just about worn the eel fin off the new rear tire.  The front still has a lot of fish left on it.  I shall probably run the hills at the lake tonight and ride the Hydrobike tomorrow very early.  Keeping going!

It's a mix.  

TW

2015-05-24 8:31 AM
in reply to: maxmattmick

User image

Elite

Originally posted by maxmattmick what has happened to TAN? Where is everybody??
They all just wandered off.  No particular reason given.  

I just happened by but I shall update my weekend.  Yesterday, we went to check on JWKMH's mom.  She is at a point that she needs reminders to take her meds and ... eat.  Sad.  We had lunch with some high school friends and got to meet one couple's new grandson.  We laughed a lot.  Happy.  I have a couple of woodworking projects going on.  Fun.  We shall go to the lake this afternoon and watch the Memorial Day crowd from the dock.  So many boats.  Entertaining.  I biked yesterday.  I have just about worn the eel fin off the new rear tire.  The front still has a lot of fish left on it.  I shall probably run the hills at the lake tonight and ride the Hydrobike tomorrow very early.  Keeping going!

It's a mix.  

TW

2015-05-28 11:24 AM
in reply to: tech_geezer

User image

Pro

My weekend? Rim to Rim hike at the Grand Canyon. Beautiful! (Photos Here)

Also, not my best idea one week out from  a marathon... but I never claimed to make excellent decisions.

2015-05-28 12:51 PM
in reply to: ratherbeswimming

User image

Master
Southwest Iowa

Originally posted by ratherbeswimming

Also, not my best idea one week out from  a marathon... but I never claimed to make excellent decisions.

Thanks for the photos.  I bet his feet were pretty cold in that water.  I have had to do that white water rafting to hold the raft while we were waiting for others. 

2015-05-28 12:55 PM
in reply to: flip18436572

User image

Pro

Originally posted by flip18436572

Thanks for the photos.  I bet his feet were pretty cold in that water.  I have had to do that white water rafting to hold the raft while we were waiting for others. 

Stuck my feet in there too. It was freezing, but refreshing after 14 miles of hiking

2015-05-28 9:16 PM

User image

Sensei
Sin City

LIKE...

2015-05-29 6:14 AM
in reply to: Kido

User image

Champion
Williamston, Michigan

Hello TAN

Lets see in my life since I last posted I have

1-Moved from Florida to Michigan

2-boogered up my knee.  Again

3-Had a revision ACL reconstruction with various and sundry other procedures thrown in for good measure

4-Will start my new, hopefully fabulous, job monday June 1

5-Joined fabulous new health club and now that my incisions are about healed thinking I will swim today

2015-05-31 3:32 PM
in reply to: Socks

User image

Elite

Originally posted by Socks

Hello TAN

3-Had a revision ACL reconstruction with various and sundry other procedures thrown in for good measure

5-Joined fabulous new health club and now that my incisions are about healed thinking I will swim today

Big changes.  Michigan used to be the BT's Donkey Land.

2015-06-04 8:24 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

Originally posted by tech_geezer

Hello TAN

I thought Wisconsin was Donkey Land?

There are parts of Michigan that are actually very beautiful, but I don't think I could ever live through those winters...

Edited by mehaner 2015-06-04 8:25 AM
2015-06-04 5:44 PM
in reply to: mehaner

User image

Elite

Originally posted by mehaner

Hello TAN

There are parts of Michigan that are actually very beautiful, but I don't think I could ever live through those winters...

I don't know. Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, it was one of those really cold flyover states.

2015-06-10 10:43 AM

User image

Champion
Williamston, Michigan

Hello TAN

For what I will be making I can buy a LOT of coats.  Plus I get to live with my husband.  AND work with nice people who want me to do what I am trained for.  ITs all so totally CRAZY.  I had forgotten what it was like to be happy on a daily basis.

2015-06-10 12:48 PM

User image

Sensei
Sin City

Hello TAN...

Got nothing really new happening...  Still doing crossfit.  Love it, but can't seem to drop even an once even after 3 months of going like crazy AND watching what I eat.  Getting crazy strong (for me) though.  stronger than I probably have ever been.  Even started seeing a nutritionist.  We'll see what happens.  He is probably a bit too much on the "holistic" side and keeps trying to get me to do positive visualization, "gratitude circles", getting electrically "grounded" by walking barefoot outside.  I'm more like "tell me what/what not to eat" and leave it at that.  I don't want some one to help tune myself to circadian rhythms.  I like my night owl tendencies!  Not saying that their couldn't be some value to some of it, just not enough for me to change things around.

Took the wife's Honda civic in for an oil change on Saturday and they said we needed brakes, so got that done as well...  THEN decided to visit Honda just to check on the Pilots that are coming out in the fall.  Got there and fell in love with a Crosstour that had 7k worth of incentives and happened to be EXACTLY what we would have wanted even if we ordered one.  Only three on the lot, and they are discontinued, the incentives AND exactly what we would have ordered?  Had to jump on it.  SO, got a new car!  What sucked is we JUST dropped 250 bucks on brakes to trade it in 30 minutes later!  Bad timing I suppose.

The bad news?  not 8 hours later, when the wife took the new car to work, some A-hole keyed it.  Left a 24" scrape on a fender.  I just don't get people sometimes.

2015-06-11 2:21 PM

User image

Master
Southwest Iowa

Originally posted by Kido

Hello TAN...

Got nothing really new happening...  Still doing crossfit.  Love it, but can't seem to drop even an once even after 3 months of going like crazy AND watching what I eat.  Getting crazy strong (for me) though.  stronger than I probably have ever been.  Even started seeing a nutritionist.  We'll see what happens.  He is probably a bit too much on the "holistic" side and keeps trying to get me to do positive visualization, "gratitude circles", getting electrically "grounded" by walking barefoot outside.  I'm more like "tell me what/what not to eat" and leave it at that.  I don't want some one to help tune myself to circadian rhythms.  I like my night owl tendencies!  Not saying that their couldn't be some value to some of it, just not enough for me to change things around.

Some nutritionist/dietician can be like you described, other can be super preachy and basically tell you eat everything wrong and at the wrong time of day, etc...  Some are like what you ask for, but they seem to be the smallest percentile of available people.  Good luck with the change.

2015-06-12 10:24 AM
in reply to: flip18436572

User image

Master
Malvern, PA
can't believe ALL of TAN and COJ have just wandered off?

Well I've been MIA for two or three years but I just thought certain TANNER's and COJ's would be here for eternity...

hope they come back

I've put on 40 pounds in the last 3-4 years and I'm getting back on the horse!

Been swimming biking and running for the past month but weight loss has leveled out! Not sure what to do? I think my body needs a reset like Atkins or Paleo, etc. Something to get it working the way it's supposed to.

Anyway... sure hope some of the old faces start visiting again. Curious how everybody's doing!

Whizzz, yanti, Tony and Monica and all the entertaining others! (Sorry if I forgot some...)

2015-06-15 8:50 AM

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

Hello TAN...

Took the wife's Honda civic in for an oil change on Saturday and they said we needed brakes, so got that done as well...  THEN decided to visit Honda just to check on the Pilots that are coming out in the fall.  Got there and fell in love with a Crosstour that had 7k worth of incentives and happened to be EXACTLY what we would have wanted even if we ordered one.  Only three on the lot, and they are discontinued, the incentives AND exactly what we would have ordered?  Had to jump on it.  SO, got a new car!  What sucked is we JUST dropped 250 bucks on brakes to trade it in 30 minutes later!  Bad timing I suppose.

The bad news?  not 8 hours later, when the wife took the new car to work, some A-hole keyed it.  Left a 24" scrape on a fender.  I just don't get people sometimes.

When I bought my Genesis someone keyed the out of my car within, like, the first week.  Why are people such dicks?!?!

Also, apparently, my car is very popular and hard to keep in stock and Hyundai offered to buy it back from me.  It's tempting because it's a to put a car seat in it, but I love that car and don't want to get rid of it till I have to.  Wonder what they were offering to pay for it...

2015-06-15 11:39 AM

User image

Pro
Bartlett, TN

I am officially in vacation countdown mode...

2015-06-15 12:00 PM

User image

Champion
Williamston, Michigan

Hello TAN...

When I bought my Genesis someone keyed the out of my car within, like, the first week.  Why are people such dicks?!?!

Also, apparently, my car is very popular and hard to keep in stock and Hyundai offered to buy it back from me.  It's tempting because it's a to put a car seat in it, but I love that car and don't want to get rid of it till I have to.  Wonder what they were offering to pay for it...

WOW that totally sucks, Why would you ruin someones new car?  I don't get it. 

2015-06-15 12:29 PM

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member

Heya friends! Back from a cruise and it was the BEST. I put on about 5 pounds but I'm not mad about it. Totally worth it 

How has everyone been? 

2015-06-16 10:54 AM
in reply to: lisac957

User image

Pro

Just got back from my 2 weeks of Annual Training with the military. It's EXHAUSTING, but usually pretty fun. This year we were up in Flagstaff - so nice cool temps and beautiful scenery (my platoon: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CHglh6KUsAAKwAm.jpg:large)

Lat next week, I'm off for a crazy trip: Key West for a wedding, PA for family, and St Louis to visit a friend who's deploying... all squeezed into a week!

2015-06-16 11:37 AM

User image

Champion
Williamston, Michigan

Originally posted by lisac957

Heya friends! Back from a cruise and it was the BEST. I put on about 5 pounds but I'm not mad about it. Totally worth it 

How has everyone been? 

I am excellent I moved to MI and get to live under the same roof as my husband which is just nuts right?  I love it and love him and love being married to him.  I have lived alone most of my adult life so this is a HUGE change for me but so far so good.  New job where everyone is actually NICE and they want me to do what I am trained to do  Everyone even speaks English which is just insane  No one seems to require psychiatric medication also a HUGE change.   Life is good.

2015-06-16 12:52 PM

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member

Originally posted by lisac957

How has everyone been? 

I am excellent I moved to MI and get to live under the same roof as my husband which is just nuts right?  I love it and love him and love being married to him.  I have lived alone most of my adult life so this is a HUGE change for me but so far so good.  New job where everyone is actually NICE and they want me to do what I am trained to do  Everyone even speaks English which is just insane  No one seems to require psychiatric medication also a HUGE change.   Life is good.

Whooop! Congrats on all fronts!

2015-06-17 6:32 AM

User image

Master
Southwest Iowa

Another Drive by and looks like very little is going on here.  Gotta get back to my 12+ hour work day.  Really screwing up my art and music - this WORK thing.

2015-06-17 2:15 PM
in reply to: gr33n

User image

Las Vegas
Hmm...the TAN is still around (granted much less active). Nice to see some familiar faces still being the anchors and holding down the fort. It's like we're all grown up or something. More like the "or something."
2015-06-18 10:25 AM
in reply to: dws.trisere

User image

Pro

Was greeted by this adorable face when I pulled in to my work parking lot today: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CHylG-sUYAAJH2Y.jpg

The dog tried to follow me into my office!

I work in a part of town where loose dogs are normal. Dog has since wandered off, probably back to it's own yard.

2015-06-18 3:00 PM

User image

Las Vegas
It's a good thing you didn't let it in...looks like one of those mean vicious man-eating pitbulls. (heavy dose of sarcasm)
New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » NewTAN's Third Law of Motion Rss Feed  

of 60

RELATED POSTS

Wii help needed: Want to kill, but get motion sickness

Started by AcesFull
Views: 1633 Posts: 10

2009-01-05 10:42 AM TriRSquared

I'll make a motion...

Started by Sharkie
Views: 2117 Posts: 20

2008-12-11 10:50 AM JoshKaptur

Motion Sickness

Started by soloryder
Views: 1856 Posts: 13

2008-06-20 1:15 PM erin116

Motion Sensors?

Started by steveseer
Views: 2167 Posts: 14

2008-06-03 10:26 PM tech_geezer

can you pass the third grade? Pages: 1 2

Started by gabejd09
Views: 3813 Posts: 33

2004-10-04 2:23 PM Whit
RELATED ARTICLES
date : February 6, 2012
author : AMSSM
comments : 0
How to regain enough range of motion to swim freestyle after a shoulder injury or surgery

date : May 11, 2009
author : FitWerx
Motion capture technology with 2D and 3D analysis offers some powerful benefits compared to just a standard bike fit.
date : May 20, 2008
author : Tri Swim Coach
So tell me why I want to bother swimming the other strokes? I'm IM training, and plan to swim freestyle for the entire race, is there an advantage to working on the other strokes?

date : March 6, 2007
author : AMSSM
If one muscle has restrictions it can limit the range of motion on the connecting joint and have a domino effect as that tension and restriction is carried down the chain.
date : July 4, 2006
author : KevinKonczak
While most do not think about the actual vector breakdown involved in the cycling stroke and where the power is applied in detail, when you finally do think about it, things become clearer.

date : September 4, 2004
author : Gareth
Flexibility, muscle imbalances relating to range of motion and how it affects your swimming technique.
date : September 2, 2004
author : Michael
I was able to spend one Saturday morning in the store conducting this interview and I learned a good bit of information about shoes and proper fitting.

date : September 2, 2004
author : chrisandniki
To avoid a myriad of injuries (joint pain to your knees, ankles, hips, shin splints, foot pain, bruises), it’s invaluable to find the right running shoes.