Other Resources My Cup of Joe » NewTAN's Third Law of Motion Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 60

2015-06-24 12:04 PM
in reply to: dws.trisere

User image

Pro
Subject: RE: NewTAN's Third Law of Motion

Crickets in here. How's everyone's summer going?

2015-06-24 4:10 PM
in reply to: ratherbeswimming

User image

Master
Southwest Iowa

Originally posted by ratherbeswimming

Another drive by TAN.  Hour 14 today.  Leaving soon to pickup in-laws and drive them an hour away for dinner with my wife after she gets off of her 12-13 hour day.  Summer.......what summer.  :-)

2015-06-25 1:08 PM
in reply to: flip18436572

User image

Sensei
Sin City
2015-06-26 5:02 PM

User image

Elite
Cleveland

Was greeted by this adorable face when I pulled in to my work parking lot today: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CHylG-sUYAAJH2Y.jpg

The dog tried to follow me into my office!

I work in a part of town where loose dogs are normal. Dog has since wandered off, probably back to it's own yard.

Awww, I totally would have adopted her!

2015-06-27 6:18 AM
in reply to: cgregg

User image

Master
Southwest Iowa

Yep, another day of salaried OT.  Life is awesome!!!!  4:00 a.m. starts on a Saturday to go to work.  YEAH!!!!!

2015-06-30 9:12 AM
in reply to: flip18436572

User image

Elite
Cleveland

2015-06-30 10:37 AM

User image

Las Vegas
My summer is finally going great! Got a few trips to plan but other than that it's finally relax time. Yours?
2015-07-01 8:44 AM

It's going really well, except for two injuries this year. Hard to believe we're into July already!

Hope everyone has some fun plans for the holiday weekend.
2015-07-02 9:45 AM
in reply to: SGirl

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member

Summer is so great... I, too can't believe it's July already!

I was gone the first two weeks in June (work trip + cruise), then really launched into IM training. My rides have been phenomenal so far; I even averaged 17mph on my long (50+mile) ride last weekend. Quite the accomplishment for me. And I'm running in the mornings, another milestone. It's going to be a great rest of the summer! 

2015-07-02 9:55 AM
in reply to: lisac957

Originally posted by lisac957

Summer is so great... I, too can't believe it's July already!

I was gone the first two weeks in June (work trip + cruise), then really launched into IM training. My rides have been phenomenal so far; I even averaged 17mph on my long (50+mile) ride last weekend. Quite the accomplishment for me. And I'm running in the mornings, another milestone. It's going to be a great rest of the summer! 

that's awesome, 17 mph is outstanding!

happy friday to you all. well, it's my friday.
2015-07-06 3:11 PM
in reply to: SGirl

User image

Pro
Bartlett, TN

I am back from vacation and not liking being in my office churning through email. I want to be back on the beach!

Plus, we got a cat. I told my 6 yr old that after we moved and after vacation, we'd get him a cat. Well he remembered. So, we got a cat.

2015-07-07 7:24 AM
in reply to: jford2309

User image

Elite

I'm in Daytona for the annual family beach week for my wife's family.  I spend a lot of time riding my bike and doing math in the condo.  I am not much of a beach person but I like doing it this way.  The Grand Geezerette #2 is here. She is 8 months old, a very cute age. 

TW

2015-07-08 10:39 AM
in reply to: tech_geezer

User image

Pro
Bartlett, TN

Is it weird for your boss to friend request you on FB? And if so, do you accept that request?

I am torn. On one hand, I really like my boss and have nothing to hide on FB, but on the other hand, I'm like, it's my boss, stay away after 5 PM buddy!

2015-07-09 11:16 AM

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member

Originally posted by jford2309

Is it weird for your boss to friend request you on FB? And if so, do you accept that request?

I am torn. On one hand, I really like my boss and have nothing to hide on FB, but on the other hand, I'm like, it's my boss, stay away after 5 PM buddy!

Most legal departments advise against it for obvious reasons.
I think you have to decide where you draw the line. If you accept/decline one team mate you should probably accept/decline all.

I have no issues with it personally, and am connected to my co-workers who have sent requests. Mostly because we are truly friends outside of the workplace. 

2015-07-09 7:21 PM
in reply to: lisac957

User image

Champion
The Green Between Philadelphia and Pittsburgh
Oh. Hello. i trust everyone is well, and that there is no LOL'ing going on in here...
2015-07-16 2:09 PM

User image

Sensei
Sin City

It is a bit weird and NO WAY would I accept.  To me, even though I barely post anyway, my posts are rarely/never controversial, mostly benign jokes or status updates...  I still don't want ANY work people able to see them for fear it could come back to me.  Even if it comes down if they check when I'm posting and it lands in work time?  It could be a problem.  It's simple to refuse - just say you have a rule that no work people are FB friends (as long as you stick to it).  I have GOOD friends that I also work with and I just say sorry, I got the rule.  If they quit or I quit?  I'll add them, but as long as we work together, nope.  I have seen too many horror stories about someone ranting about work or talking about the night they had before and it getting back to the work place.  No thank you.

2015-07-17 9:46 AM
in reply to: Kido

User image

Pro
I see TAN isn't visited as much as in the past.
2015-08-10 11:37 AM
in reply to: Iowaman

User image

Pro

Monday morning b*tch session. Feel free to participate!

My low tire pressure light was on, so I stopped at a Circle K on the way to work. Put my money in the machine, compressor kicks on, put nozzle on tire... and tire starts to deflate. I figured I was doing something wrong, so I check to make sure I didn't miss something... nope. No air flowing into my tire. Only out. I went inside to ask. I was told "sorry, we'll refund your dollar"... so I asked if I was just SOL on my even flatter tire...  and someone comes out, tries it, and lets enough air out of my tire that I can't drive on it.

He helped me change my tire - but he's an idiot. Tries to jack it up without loosening the lug nuts... that sort of thing. We get the spare on, and he goes to go inside. I told him to come back with an out of order sign, because I'm already going to be 30+ minutes late for work, and I'm not going to let someone else do this to themselves. 

I drove off, the next gas station had a line at the air pump. The one after that had an out of order pump. FINALLY the next gas station had a functional air pump that was available. I topped off my flat tire, took the spare off, put mine back on, and ended up at work an hour and 15 minutes later than planned.

Now, I'm just grumpy. 

Hope everyone else's week is off to a much better start than mine!

2015-08-10 8:00 PM

User image

Elite

Monday morning b*tch session. Feel free to participate!

My low tire pressure light was on, so I stopped at a Circle K on the way to work. Put my money in the machine, compressor kicks on, put nozzle on tire... and tire starts to deflate. I figured I was doing something wrong, so I check to make sure I didn't miss something... nope. No air flowing into my tire. Only out. I went inside to ask. I was told "sorry, we'll refund your dollar"... so I asked if I was just SOL on my even flatter tire...  and someone comes out, tries it, and lets enough air out of my tire that I can't drive on it.

He helped me change my tire - but he's an idiot. Tries to jack it up without loosening the lug nuts... that sort of thing. We get the spare on, and he goes to go inside. I told him to come back with an out of order sign, because I'm already going to be 30+ minutes late for work, and I'm not going to let someone else do this to themselves. 

I drove off, the next gas station had a line at the air pump. The one after that had an out of order pump. FINALLY the next gas station had a functional air pump that was available. I topped off my flat tire, took the spare off, put mine back on, and ended up at work an hour and 15 minutes later than planned.

Now, I'm just grumpy. 

Hope everyone else's week is off to a much better start than mine!

I carry a pump that is powered by a cigarette lighter. It provides much relief in such situations.  How is life other than low pressure?

TW

2015-08-11 10:34 AM
in reply to: tech_geezer

User image

Pro

Originally posted by tech_geezer

I carry a pump that is powered by a cigarette lighter. It provides much relief in such situations.  How is life other than low pressure?

TW

A little crazy! Grant funding is running out at work, so my hours (and therefore my pay) are totally unreliable. So, I'm job hunting. Again.

Big decisions to make - there's a HUGE opportunity for me here with the National Guard... but I can also come here once monthly if I live out of state and the employer is ok with it. Or I can stay in AZ and deal with being 2400 miles from family for the foreseeable future. 

How are things with you?

2015-08-14 10:10 PM

User image

Elite

Originally posted by tech_geezer

TW

A little crazy! Grant funding is running out at work, so my hours (and therefore my pay) are totally unreliable. So, I'm job hunting. Again.

Big decisions to make - there's a HUGE opportunity for me here with the National Guard... but I can also come here once monthly if I live out of state and the employer is ok with it. Or I can stay in AZ and deal with being 2400 miles from family for the foreseeable future. 

How are things with you?

Life is getting complicated.  I want to spend everyday looking at the sunset, sipping a glass of Chardonnay, thinking deep thoughts.  But then, s..... happens.

Wish you were here.

TW

2015-09-06 7:15 PM

User image

Veteran
Austin
Happy Labor Day.

Lets see this summer. I had my gall bladder removed. One month of no exercise. No problems after operation. I am back to biking and running.
Switched jobs. Went with another company. Bought a car. Took son to college. Change to say the least.

Been hot and dry in Austin. I am ready for a little cooler weather. Looking forward to next Tri. I missed signing up for the Austin Tri Rock tomorrow. Too expensive now.

Well that is about it.

Wat up
2015-09-08 10:35 AM
in reply to: TXwildcat

User image

Pro
Bartlett, TN

TAN RANT

Yesterday, on my birthday, my wife and I went to the pool for a quick Bday swim. As we got to the pool, an older woman jumped in the lane we were eyeing. At first I thought, well crap, we were slow" and starting looking at lanes to share. Then we noticed that the woman was walking laps in the swim lanes! Just so you get the full picture, the pool had four lanes designated for swimming and the rest of the pool was open for water exercise classes and what not. She took up an entire lane walking. And only walking halfway down the lane and then turning back (cause it got to deep). I could not believe it. I would never use a lane for walking when I could accomplish that in the open area. Luckily as I was getting ready to ask her to move, another lane opened up and we were able to share a lane.

Now I get that she has every right to the lane, but just because she can do it, doesn't mean she should do it.

2015-09-08 12:32 PM

Iron Donkey
, Wisconsin

TAN RANT

Yesterday, on my birthday, my wife and I went to the pool for a quick Bday swim. As we got to the pool, an older woman jumped in the lane we were eyeing. At first I thought, well crap, we were slow" and starting looking at lanes to share. Then we noticed that the woman was walking laps in the swim lanes! Just so you get the full picture, the pool had four lanes designated for swimming and the rest of the pool was open for water exercise classes and what not. She took up an entire lane walking. And only walking halfway down the lane and then turning back (cause it got to deep). I could not believe it. I would never use a lane for walking when I could accomplish that in the open area. Luckily as I was getting ready to ask her to move, another lane opened up and we were able to share a lane.

Now I get that she has every right to the lane, but just because she can do it, doesn't mean she should do it.

Why do you hate older women??

2015-09-08 12:41 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member

TAN RANT

There's a guy who does that at my pool, too. He looks like bigfoot when he walks . And the occasional aqua jogger. And the occasional guy who is doing some sort of physical therapy in the lap pool. I've been reduced to aqua-jogging before due to injury and was very aware of how the "serious swimmers" were eyeing me and I'm like "I'm one of you! I promise!". Maybe our pool set ups are different - but no way I would get in the "other" pool to do anything serious-like. It's chaos. Maybe she just wanted the serenity and structure of a lane to herself. 

Edited by lisac957 2015-09-08 12:42 PM
New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » NewTAN's Third Law of Motion Rss Feed  

of 60

RELATED POSTS

Wii help needed: Want to kill, but get motion sickness

Started by AcesFull
Views: 1633 Posts: 10

2009-01-05 10:42 AM TriRSquared

I'll make a motion...

Started by Sharkie
Views: 2117 Posts: 20

2008-12-11 10:50 AM JoshKaptur

Motion Sickness

Started by soloryder
Views: 1856 Posts: 13

2008-06-20 1:15 PM erin116

Motion Sensors?

Started by steveseer
Views: 2167 Posts: 14

2008-06-03 10:26 PM tech_geezer

can you pass the third grade? Pages: 1 2

Started by gabejd09
Views: 3813 Posts: 33

2004-10-04 2:23 PM Whit
RELATED ARTICLES
date : February 6, 2012
author : AMSSM
comments : 0
How to regain enough range of motion to swim freestyle after a shoulder injury or surgery

date : May 11, 2009
author : FitWerx
Motion capture technology with 2D and 3D analysis offers some powerful benefits compared to just a standard bike fit.
date : May 20, 2008
author : Tri Swim Coach
So tell me why I want to bother swimming the other strokes? I'm IM training, and plan to swim freestyle for the entire race, is there an advantage to working on the other strokes?

date : March 6, 2007
author : AMSSM
If one muscle has restrictions it can limit the range of motion on the connecting joint and have a domino effect as that tension and restriction is carried down the chain.
date : July 4, 2006
author : KevinKonczak
While most do not think about the actual vector breakdown involved in the cycling stroke and where the power is applied in detail, when you finally do think about it, things become clearer.

date : September 4, 2004
author : Gareth
Flexibility, muscle imbalances relating to range of motion and how it affects your swimming technique.
date : September 2, 2004
author : Michael
I was able to spend one Saturday morning in the store conducting this interview and I learned a good bit of information about shoes and proper fitting.

date : September 2, 2004
author : chrisandniki
To avoid a myriad of injuries (joint pain to your knees, ankles, hips, shin splints, foot pain, bruises), it’s invaluable to find the right running shoes.