in reply to: ratherbeswimming

User image

Champion
Philly 'burbs
Subject: RE: NewTAN's Third Law of Motion

Originally posted by ratherbeswimming

Originally posted by mehaner

Anyone else getting sick of seeing GoFundMe links for EVERYTHING?

Some are upfront and honest: like a pro triathlete with not enough income to cover cancer-related medical care. I get that.

BUT when it's for surgery for your dog, and you own a $5k+ bike, and your facebook is flooded with photos of your around-the-world adventures... maybe you need to re-prioritize instead of asking everyone around you for money.  

Wedding dresses? Furniture? Horse shows?

Also, how easy would it be to post fraudulent stuff on these sites?

Rant over. Back to your regularly scheduled Tuesday.

i must know fewer a-holes than you do, ha.  i've never seen a gofundme show up in my FB or email, worthy or unworthy causes.  i agree with you 100%.

I made the mistake of poking around the gofundme site after I saw one pop up on my FB that I found to be completely ridiculous. BAD IDEA.

I did that once too. I started to get miffed then I figured if people want to panhandle on the virtual corner they can have at it. I don't have to go looking for them.

2015-03-02 1:33 PM
in reply to: mrbbrad

User image

Pro

I was gifted a set of Bose headphones. They are amazing. I'm not sure I'd ever drop the $ on a set... but they're so much better than my Skullcandy ones I usually use... and comfortable, too!

2015-03-03 8:41 AM

User image

Pro

Ok, TAN, Would you rather...

....have a time machine that only goes back in time or a time machine that only goes forward in time?

....fart popcorn or have your past and future web browsing history available to everyone?

... Live in a world where huge, friendly gummy bears walk around or live in a world where hover boards exist?

2015-03-03 9:26 AM

User image

New user
Howell, Michigan
I think I'd go with the time machine, heading to the past. Although the hoverboard would be VERY cool. Does that describe the plot to Back to the Future?
2015-03-03 9:54 AM

User image

Elite

I was gifted a set of Bose headphones. They are amazing. I'm not sure I'd ever drop the $ on a set... but they're so much better than my Skullcandy ones I usually use... and comfortable, too!

I have the Bose headphones that cover the ear (as opposed to earbuds).  I am very careful to have them whenever we fly.  I love babies but crying babies on planes that are inconsolable for some reason can make a 4 hour flight seem like forever.  The headphones plus a playlist constructed by a music literate daughter can make such travel annoyances almost disappear.

I understand that both styles of Bose headphones are excellent for their respective uses.

TW

2015-03-03 9:57 AM

User image

Elite

....have a time machine that only goes back in time or a time machine that only goes forward in time?

....fart popcorn or have your past and future web browsing history available to everyone?

... Live in a world where huge, friendly gummy bears walk around or live in a world where hover boards exist?

Forward (I have seen the past.  It wasn't so great.)

Fart  (Farting is always fun.)

Hover board (I am not so fond of gummy bears. )

2015-03-03 11:19 AM

User image

Pro

Time machine to the past - there are a lot of things I'd like to check out, mysteries to solve, evil dictators to kill...

Fart popcorn, for sure. It'd be a fun novelty. And I'd never lose my path back home when out on a run

Hoverboards. Gummy bears sound too sticky. What happens when it rains?

2015-03-03 12:13 PM

User image

Elite

Time machine to the past - there are a lot of things I'd like to check out, mysteries to solve, evil dictators to kill...

Fart popcorn, for sure. It'd be a fun novelty. And I'd never lose my path back home when out on a run

You will have to design some automatic drop-seat running shorts.  I can almost picture them.

TW

2015-03-03 12:50 PM
in reply to: gr33n

I'd like to take a time machine forward. Back in time...means oppression of women and other groups. No thanks.
2015-03-03 1:33 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro

Originally posted by SGirl I'd like to take a time machine forward. Back in time...means oppression of women and other groups. No thanks.

Which would certainly never exist in the future?

:-P

Edited by ratherbeswimming 2015-03-03 1:33 PM
2015-03-03 7:24 PM

Originally posted by SGirl I'd like to take a time machine forward. Back in time...means oppression of women and other groups. No thanks.

Correction...LESS oppression.

Although, it would be cool to go back in time to meet the great minds, like Einstein.

2015-03-04 7:44 AM
in reply to: SGirl

User image

Elite

Originally posted by SGirl

Correction...LESS oppression. Although, it would be cool to go back in time to meet the great minds, like Einstein.

One of the great things in life is that you can read history.  In effect, backward time travel is already possible inside the pages of a book.  

Side note:  Einstein became a dirty old man in later years.  He was a bit creepy.

2015-03-04 8:41 AM
in reply to: tech_geezer

User image

Pro

Originally posted by tech_geezer

You will have to design some automatic drop-seat running shorts.  I can almost picture them.

TW

I told the kids that I coach about the farting popcorn thing. They thought it was hilarious! I also now picture it happening. 

2015-03-04 9:29 AM

User image

Pro

Correction...LESS oppression. Although, it would be cool to go back in time to meet the great minds, like Einstein.

One of the great things in life is that you can read history.  In effect, backward time travel is already possible inside the pages of a book.  

Side note:  Einstein became a dirty old man in later years.  He was a bit creepy.

And I LOVE reading history. But there are definitely events I want to experience. 

2015-03-06 9:17 AM

Really? Didn't know that about Einstein. Agree about time travel in reading books. Nice thought.

Happy Friday, TAN. It's quiet in here today.
2015-03-06 11:34 AM
in reply to: SGirl

User image

Elite

Originally posted by SGirl []Really? Didn't know that about Einstein. Agree about time travel in reading books. Nice thought. Happy Friday, TAN. It's quiet in here today.

Yes.  There have always been groupies, I suppose.  Another black mark was that he did not give much credit to his first wife for her help with math either, but by their divorce agreement, when he won the Nobel prize, he had to give the money to her.

He is still my hero for the diversity of his physics problem solving skills.  What he did was to take some of the physical paradoxes that contradicted conventional physical law and worked back to a new physical la that removed the paradox.  Mostly, it was just algebra.  Einstein has a great quote that I have hangning on my wall, "Do not worry about your problems with mathematics. I assure you mine are far greater."

On the quiet issue,  Mini Tan Poll:

When they make a movie of your life, who will play you?  

(I know it has been done before but you should all try to come up with a new answer this time.)

Have a great day.

TW

2015-03-06 1:19 PM

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member

(I know it has been done before but you should all try to come up with a new answer this time.)

Have a great day.

TW

Maybe Katie Holmes? Not for any other reason than I've just been told we look a bit like and have some of the same mannerisms. 
I've also been told I look like Mira Sorvino, but I don't know if she's even acting any more. 

2015-03-06 1:45 PM

Originally posted by SGirl []Really? Didn't know that about Einstein. Agree about time travel in reading books. Nice thought. Happy Friday, TAN. It's quiet in here today.

Yes.  There have always been groupies, I suppose.  Another black mark was that he did not give much credit to his first wife for her help with math either, but by their divorce agreement, when he won the Nobel prize, he had to give the money to her.

He is still my hero for the diversity of his physics problem solving skills.  What he did was to take some of the physical paradoxes that contradicted conventional physical law and worked back to a new physical la that removed the paradox.  Mostly, it was just algebra.  Einstein has a great quote that I have hangning on my wall, "Do not worry about your problems with mathematics. I assure you mine are far greater."

Have a great day.

TW

Interesting how we forget these great minds weren’t infallible.

As for who might play me…if she were still alive, Natalie Wood maybe? I’ve been told I resemble her.
2015-03-06 5:03 PM

User image

Elite
I would want to be played by the dude who does the "Most Interesting Man in the World" commercials for Dos Equis, but it would probably go to Jack Nicholson a la "About Schmidt" or Woody Allen in anything.TW
2015-03-06 5:08 PM

I would want to be played by the dude who does the "Most Interesting Man in the World" commercials for Dos Equis, but it would probably go to Jack Nicholson a la "About Schmidt" or Woody Allen in anything.TW

There'd need to be different aged actors for the different phases of your life. Who would play you do you think, as a teenager?

I'm not sure of that one, myself for me.

2015-03-06 8:00 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Elite

Originally posted by tech_geezer I would want to be played by the dude who does the "Most Interesting Man in the World" commercials for Dos Equis, but it would probably go to Jack Nicholson a la "About Schmidt" or Woody Allen in anything.TW
There'd need to be different aged actors for the different phases of your life. Who would play you do you think, as a teenager? I'm not sure of that one, myself for me.

Ha. Let's go with the fantasy pick, David Cassidy, and the reality, Screech of Saved by the Bell. You?

Edited by tech_geezer 2015-03-06 8:00 PM

2015-03-07 12:14 PM

Originally posted by tech_geezer I would want to be played by the dude who does the "Most Interesting Man in the World" commercials for Dos Equis, but it would probably go to Jack Nicholson a la "About Schmidt" or Woody Allen in anything.TW
There'd need to be different aged actors for the different phases of your life. Who would play you do you think, as a teenager? I'm not sure of that one, myself for me.

Ha. Let's go with the fantasy pick, David Cassidy, and the reality, Screech of Saved by the Bell. You?

ha, not sure, really.
my mind is trying to wrap around the fact that DST is tonight. losing an hour, don't forget everyone.
2015-03-09 10:33 AM

User image

Elite
Cleveland

Time machine that goes forward.  I can always read about the past, and the future might have someone inventing a machine that goes back.

Fart popcorn.

Who doesn't want a hoverboard?  Besides, getting a big, creepy, sugary Care Bear Stare gives me the heebie jeebies.

2015-03-09 4:09 PM

User image

Champion
Philly 'burbs

Define creepy

2015-03-09 9:10 PM
in reply to: mrbbrad

Originally posted by mrbbrad

Define creepy

ha
New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » NewTAN's Third Law of Motion Rss Feed  

of 60

RELATED POSTS

Wii help needed: Want to kill, but get motion sickness

Started by AcesFull
Views: 1633 Posts: 10

2009-01-05 10:42 AM TriRSquared

I'll make a motion...

Started by Sharkie
Views: 2119 Posts: 20

2008-12-11 10:50 AM JoshKaptur

Motion Sickness

Started by soloryder
Views: 1856 Posts: 13

2008-06-20 1:15 PM erin116

Motion Sensors?

Started by steveseer
Views: 2167 Posts: 14

2008-06-03 10:26 PM tech_geezer

can you pass the third grade? Pages: 1 2

Started by gabejd09
Views: 3813 Posts: 33

2004-10-04 2:23 PM Whit
RELATED ARTICLES
date : February 6, 2012
author : AMSSM
comments : 0
How to regain enough range of motion to swim freestyle after a shoulder injury or surgery

date : May 11, 2009
author : FitWerx
Motion capture technology with 2D and 3D analysis offers some powerful benefits compared to just a standard bike fit.
date : May 20, 2008
author : Tri Swim Coach
So tell me why I want to bother swimming the other strokes? I'm IM training, and plan to swim freestyle for the entire race, is there an advantage to working on the other strokes?

date : March 6, 2007
author : AMSSM
If one muscle has restrictions it can limit the range of motion on the connecting joint and have a domino effect as that tension and restriction is carried down the chain.
date : July 4, 2006
author : KevinKonczak
While most do not think about the actual vector breakdown involved in the cycling stroke and where the power is applied in detail, when you finally do think about it, things become clearer.

date : September 4, 2004
author : Gareth
Flexibility, muscle imbalances relating to range of motion and how it affects your swimming technique.
date : September 2, 2004
author : Michael
I was able to spend one Saturday morning in the store conducting this interview and I learned a good bit of information about shoes and proper fitting.

date : September 2, 2004
author : chrisandniki
To avoid a myriad of injuries (joint pain to your knees, ankles, hips, shin splints, foot pain, bruises), it’s invaluable to find the right running shoes.