2015-03-27 8:42 AM
in reply to: mrbbrad

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas
Subject: RE: NewTAN's Third Law of Motion

Originally posted by mrbbrad

Originally posted by mehaner

If Sir Mix-A-Lot is DJing at a local club this weekend, and I am SOOOOO not into the club scene but do like concerts, do I check this out just for nostalgia/whatever?  I would basically stay until the moment he was coerced into doing baby got back, then run home and sleep like the dead since I can't drink and like sleep too much to "party" anyways...

I think the answer to do you go hinges on the answer to do you have a big butt?

no

2015-03-27 8:43 AM
in reply to: tech_geezer

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

Originally posted by tech_geezer

Today is my birthday.  I am doing reasonably well, all things considered.  I shall take the day to be thankful.  I am a father with great daughters and two granddaughters, a husband with a friend and soulmate as a wife, a cyclist with a nice bike (several actually), a woodworker with ten fingers, and an engineer who can still solve math problems.  It is more than I would have every dreamed of.

TW

have a wonderful birthday!!

2015-03-27 11:24 AM
in reply to: mehaner

User image

Sensei
Sin City

If Sir Mix-A-Lot is DJing at a local club this weekend, and I am SOOOOO not into the club scene but do like concerts, do I check this out just for nostalgia/whatever?  I would basically stay until the moment he was coerced into doing baby got back, then run home and sleep like the dead since I can't drink and like sleep too much to "party" anyways...

no

That's a good thing, IMO.  I'm not a big fan of the ample posterior.  Never have been...

2015-03-27 11:33 AM
in reply to: Kido

User image

Sensei
Sin City

The first rule about Crossfit?  You MUST talk about crossfit!

Finally pulled the trigger and joined up.  I'm not drinking the cool-ade yet, but maybe taking a sip or two.  LOVE the workouts and going to class.  Finally found something I can't wait to do every day and already see some cool things it does for the body.  But still feels a little "cult-ish" but I suppose so is triathlon - but I'm sort of a solo guy and some of the rules of getting/giving encouragement is a bit odd/uncomfortable (which is weird to say that giving/getting encouragement is uncomfortable - shouldn't we almost do that in life in general?)

Plus I still roll my eyes how every workout is a competition.  Either by time or rep count.  I'm typically last and honestly, don't give a damn.  I know it's good for me and when I get encouraged to "catch up" or don't let someone "catch up" to me, I kind of roll my eyes and just push as hard as I want FOR ME, not to beat someone.  Now if it was a race or competition?  Then I go for it - but not every training session.

Sucky part is, even running a 1200 Kcal a day deficit, working out 5 times a week for an hour or more with cardio and strength training (harder than I have ever lifted) I haven't lost a gosh darned once of weight and the BF scale seems stuck too.  BOOOOOOOOO!!!!

2015-03-27 11:34 AM

User image

Sensei
Sin City

Today is my birthday.  I am doing reasonably well, all things considered.  I shall take the day to be thankful.  I am a father with great daughters and two granddaughters, a husband with a friend and soulmate as a wife, a cyclist with a nice bike (several actually), a woodworker with ten fingers, and an engineer who can still solve math problems.  It is more than I would have every dreamed of.

TW

Saw this on FB as well.  Happy Birthday!  It's easy to lose count of our blessing, but it's good to take stock once in a while...

2015-03-27 11:47 AM

User image

Elite

Originally posted by Kido

TW

Saw this on FB as well.  Happy Birthday!  It's easy to lose count of our blessing, but it's good to take stock once in a while...

You caught me plagiarizing myself.  It is mostly two entirely different groups of people on my FB and TAN.

Thanks the birthday wishes.  I am very happy and thankful to be where I am.

2015-03-27 1:38 PM

User image

Master
Oceanside, California

no

That's a good thing, IMO.  I'm not a big fan of the ample posterior.  Never have been...

Let's not be so limiting in his body of work...

My hooptie rollin' tailpipe draggin'
Heat don't work an' my girl keeps naggin'
Six nine Buick deuce keeps rollin'
One hubcap 'cause three got stolen
2015-03-27 1:53 PM
in reply to: eabeam

User image

Sensei
Sin City

Originally posted by eabeam

no

Let's not be so limiting in his body of work... My hooptie rollin' tailpipe draggin' Heat don't work an' my girl keeps naggin' Six nine Buick deuce keeps rollin' One hubcap 'cause three got stolen

Can't forget the other followup hit "Put'em on the Glass"

2015-04-02 7:12 PM
in reply to: gr33n

User image

Elite

I put the boat in the water yesterday and JWKMH and I went for short boat ride today. Launching a boat for some reason is always stressful.  We managed to do it without any drama this year.  I have been doing this for 35 years. You would think I know how to do it. I fixed a problem with the boat dock cables last weekend. I move my dock laterally along the bank in the winter when the level goes down to make room for my neighbors dock that is at the end of the cove to follow the water out of the cove.  I attach the dock to Duckbill anchors in the winter location.  This year we had an early heavy rain and snow melt so that the lake level came up very fast and covered my temporary anchors.  I waited for the level to go back down some as it usually does following an event like that.  It did go down but when TVA stopped the drawdown, my anchors were still in about 20" of water.  I had to wade into the cold water and screw off the quick link that attaches the doclk cable to the anchor.  It was really cold and hard to work.  But I got it and also got the dock positioned on the summer ramp position.  There are pictures of the dock and ramp in my albums. 

The surface water temp is 54-55 F.  It will be a while before I swim or ski.  Still spring is on the way and I am ready.

TW 

2015-04-06 3:19 PM

User image

Pro
Bartlett, TN

no

Let's not be so limiting in his body of work... My hooptie rollin' tailpipe draggin' Heat don't work an' my girl keeps naggin' Six nine Buick deuce keeps rollin' One hubcap 'cause three got stolen

My personal favorites include "Beepers" (people remember what a beeper is?) and ...

Now I'm your big mall dropper, mud duck stopper
Fila on the bottom and Adidas on the topper
Transform scratchin', big beat mackin'
I can tell you're getting jealous by the look I'm catchin'
I hate dumb skeezers, MC beater
Drop 5 grand on my Bird watt meter?
Smooth like ice, don't get nice
Just turn up the box for the Mix-A-Lot slice (huh huh)
Y'all ready to get busy? (huh huh!)
Now, buttermilk biscuits here we go
Zip the flour roll the dough
Clap your hands and stomp your feet
Move your butt to the funky beat (huh huh)

Buttermilk Biscuits!
2015-04-07 1:05 PM
in reply to: jford2309

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

Originally posted by jford2309

no

My personal favorites include "Beepers" (people remember what a beeper is?) and ...

Buttermilk Biscuits!

you people are odd.  all i know is baby got back.  

2015-04-08 5:05 PM

User image

Sensei
Sin City

Crazy that back in the day, I could waist hours a day in TAN and CoJ...

I still wonder if traffic as a whole is way down for BT.  You couldn't keep up with the threads in the past.  Now?  The last post in CoJ was 6 hours ago and it's the middle of the day.  I would assume memberships are way down too.

I guess I wondered by only because I pretty much exhausted every other social media and internet site I could go to.

2015-04-08 6:51 PM

User image

Champion
Williamston, Michigan

I put the boat in the water yesterday and JWKMH and I went for short boat ride today. Launching a boat for some reason is always stressful.  We managed to do it without any drama this year.  I have been doing this for 35 years. You would think I know how to do it. I fixed a problem with the boat dock cables last weekend. I move my dock laterally along the bank in the winter when the level goes down to make room for my neighbors dock that is at the end of the cove to follow the water out of the cove.  I attach the dock to Duckbill anchors in the winter location.  This year we had an early heavy rain and snow melt so that the lake level came up very fast and covered my temporary anchors.  I waited for the level to go back down some as it usually does following an event like that.  It did go down but when TVA stopped the drawdown, my anchors were still in about 20" of water.  I had to wade into the cold water and screw off the quick link that attaches the doclk cable to the anchor.  It was really cold and hard to work.  But I got it and also got the dock positioned on the summer ramp position.  There are pictures of the dock and ramp in my albums. 

The surface water temp is 54-55 F.  It will be a while before I swim or ski.  Still spring is on the way and I am ready.

TW 

But did you retrieve the top to your......Fireplace? grill?  Whatever it was that flopped into the water?

2015-04-09 1:24 PM

User image

Champion
Philly 'burbs

I still wonder if traffic as a whole is way down for BT.  You couldn't keep up with the threads in the past.  Now?  The last post in CoJ was 6 hours ago and it's the middle of the day.  I would assume memberships are way down too.

I guess I wondered by only because I pretty much exhausted every other social media and internet site I could go to.

This TAN is over 10 months old. There were times when a TAN wouldn't make it 10 days. The only constant is change.

2015-04-10 8:11 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Elite

Originally posted by Socks

TW 

But did you retrieve the top to your......Fireplace? grill?  Whatever it was that flopped into the water?

Wow.  You remembered.  It was the pan from a fire pit.  It looks like a big stainless salad bowl.  I did retrieve it last fall when the water went down.  I saw it when the water got to minimum level sometime in December I think.   It was cold then too.  I have been researching getting some fishing waders for these cold weather dips in the lake.

TW

Edited by tech_geezer 2015-04-10 8:13 AM
2015-04-10 8:13 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ridgeland, Mississippi

There are currently 9 carbon time trial bikes on sale in my local area.  The future of the sport is looking pretty bleak over here.

2015-04-13 2:45 PM
in reply to: msteiner

User image

Master
Southwest Iowa

Originally posted by msteiner

There are currently 9 carbon time trial bikes on sale in my local area.  The future of the sport is looking pretty bleak over here.

Doesn't that seem weird that there are that many bikes available, but many of the good events sell out quickly.  I have never done a 140.6, but I am getting old enough that may never happen.  But getting into and ironman event is difficult unless you are already in.

2015-04-15 9:17 AM
in reply to: flip18436572

User image

Master
Southwest Iowa

Bueller?

Bueller?

Bueller?

Bueller?

2015-04-15 3:02 PM

User image

Veteran
Highland, Michigan

no

Buttermilk Biscuits!

What do you mean YOU PEOPLE?!

2015-04-17 8:19 AM
in reply to: MIKEWOODS

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

Originally posted by MIKEWOODS

no

Buttermilk Biscuits!

What do you mean YOU PEOPLE?!

oh i think you know EXACTLY what i mean when i say YOU PEOPLE!

2015-04-24 11:53 AM

User image

Pro

Ok, TAN, let's have some fun!

Today is the day that my ex boyfriend finished off paying the money he owed me. Let's celebrate!

Budget is $325 - the amount of the final payment.

What should I do with it??

2015-04-24 3:16 PM
in reply to: ratherbeswimming

User image

Elite
Cleveland

Hookers & coke probably isn't the right answer, is it?

New RWB race kit from Kiwami, then?

2015-04-24 6:00 PM
in reply to: cgregg

User image

Pro

Originally posted by cgregg

Hookers & coke probably isn't the right answer, is it?

New RWB race kit from Kiwami, then?

Well, I'm not currently registered for any upcoming tris, so maybe your first answer is the right one!

2015-04-24 6:27 PM

User image

Sensei
Sin City

Not sure what I would do with almost $400 bucks...  I'm not in the need for any toys at the moment.  Maybe a super telephoto lens for the camera?  (or at least 40%) of one.

Maybe a Springfield Armory 9mm.  But that's about the last thing on my wish list.

Apple watch?  I'm surprised I don't have anything on my toy radar at the moment.

2015-04-24 9:33 PM

User image

Elite

Originally posted by ratherbeswimming

Ok, TAN, let's have some fun!

Today is the day that my ex boyfriend finished off paying the money he owed me. Let's celebrate!

Budget is $325 - the amount of the final payment.

What should I do with it??

I am currently a member of Plane of the Month Club.  So I have acquired a couple of these fine planes from Lie-Nielsen..

This one fits the bill, at least in price.

https://www.lie-nielsen.com/product/core-tools/no.-4-1-2-smooth-plane?node=4086

I sleep with mine.

TW

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » NewTAN's Third Law of Motion Rss Feed  

of 60

RELATED POSTS

Wii help needed: Want to kill, but get motion sickness

Started by AcesFull
Views: 1633 Posts: 10

2009-01-05 10:42 AM TriRSquared

I'll make a motion...

Started by Sharkie
Views: 2119 Posts: 20

2008-12-11 10:50 AM JoshKaptur

Motion Sickness

Started by soloryder
Views: 1856 Posts: 13

2008-06-20 1:15 PM erin116

Motion Sensors?

Started by steveseer
Views: 2167 Posts: 14

2008-06-03 10:26 PM tech_geezer

can you pass the third grade? Pages: 1 2

Started by gabejd09
Views: 3813 Posts: 33

2004-10-04 2:23 PM Whit
RELATED ARTICLES
date : February 6, 2012
author : AMSSM
comments : 0
How to regain enough range of motion to swim freestyle after a shoulder injury or surgery

date : May 11, 2009
author : FitWerx
Motion capture technology with 2D and 3D analysis offers some powerful benefits compared to just a standard bike fit.
date : May 20, 2008
author : Tri Swim Coach
So tell me why I want to bother swimming the other strokes? I'm IM training, and plan to swim freestyle for the entire race, is there an advantage to working on the other strokes?

date : March 6, 2007
author : AMSSM
If one muscle has restrictions it can limit the range of motion on the connecting joint and have a domino effect as that tension and restriction is carried down the chain.
date : July 4, 2006
author : KevinKonczak
While most do not think about the actual vector breakdown involved in the cycling stroke and where the power is applied in detail, when you finally do think about it, things become clearer.

date : September 4, 2004
author : Gareth
Flexibility, muscle imbalances relating to range of motion and how it affects your swimming technique.
date : September 2, 2004
author : Michael
I was able to spend one Saturday morning in the store conducting this interview and I learned a good bit of information about shoes and proper fitting.

date : September 2, 2004
author : chrisandniki
To avoid a myriad of injuries (joint pain to your knees, ankles, hips, shin splints, foot pain, bruises), it’s invaluable to find the right running shoes.