Australian Triathlon Forum Victoria » Heart Rate Zones Rss Feed  
Moderators: kaqphin, alicefoeller Reply
2014-06-07 1:12 AM

New user

Subject: Heart Rate Zones
Hi all,
Just starting a program as a beginner. It says to run in HR Zone 1-2. To do this I have to walk at a brisk pace, if start to jog my HR goes into Z3.
I am a 42 year old male, 6 ft and trying to lose about 5-10 kg. My question is, should I walk it to stay in the HR Zone or run very slow and keep it as low as possible.

thanks
New Thread
Australian Triathlon Forum Victoria » Heart Rate Zones Rss Feed  
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 15, 2012
author : AMSSM
comments : 3
Some blood pressure medications will not allow you to get your heart-rate up into the proper exercise zones. Learn why and what you can do about it.

date : March 4, 2010
author : Coach AJ
comments : 0
Have you been thinking about getting a lab test done to determine your Lactate Threshold number for generating precise heart-rate zones? Follow AJ as he subjects himself to this grueling test.
date : September 24, 2007
comments : 1
This article will show you how to construct a run training program for your second season of running using your calculated heart-rate zones.

date : April 12, 2007
author : mikericci
comments : 4
Warmup tips. Swim, bike and run pacing and heart-rate zones to be in by mileage.
date : March 21, 2007
author : acbadger
comments : 2
Interval training for weight loss. Weight training for weight loss. These interval workouts can be done in 15 to 20 minutes and have huge caloric expenditures for those who are crunched for time.

date : June 4, 2006
comments : 2
Field tests for determining your heart-rate zones with lactate threshold testing.
date : October 24, 2005
The schedule consists of at least 3 workouts per week in each sport, 2 days of strength training and core work too. Most weeks have 4 days of cycling. The maximum volume is around 11 hours.

date : October 24, 2005
The schedule consists of 3 workouts per week in each sport, 2 days of strength training and core work too. The maximum volume is around 7 hours toward the end of the 12 weeks.