Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2014-06-26 7:03 AM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Bronze member
Subject: RE: Neighborhood kids & a back yard pool

Originally posted by Left Brain

Originally posted by idahocraig Great advise on this thread one quick note be sure the gates on the fence only swing out not in. That way if a small child pushes on the gate even if it is unlocked it will not open. Kids are much more likely to push on a gate then pull it open. Also all gates should be self closing and self latching. Latch should be up high on the gate and on the inside of the fence. Adults can reach over the fence to open the gate kids cannot. With this set up it is very hard for small children to accidentally enter the pool enclosure.

Excellent!

Yes! Thanks

2014-07-07 9:53 AM
in reply to: flip18436572

User image

Subject: RE: Neighborhood kids & a back yard pool
Originally posted by flip18436572

As an ex-aquatics director, I can tell you that I had many parents made at me, but I made them be in the pool at the YMCA with their child if they were too small and they had to be in arms reach.  It is amazing, how quickly things turn bad.  I am serious that if we have people over, there is a parent in the water with their child, unless I am in the pool and I said I will take care of it or another parent is in the water that will watch everyone.  And our pool is just a small pool that we basically float in and cool down in.  Just the standard red neck above ground pool.

When I was a lifeguard I would have some pissed off parents for the same reason. They would drop them off at the door to swim and come back 5o tind them sitting on the bench. Pool rule saud parents required to be there for anyone less than 16.
New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Neighborhood kids & a back yard pool Rss Feed  

of 2

RELATED POSTS

My back yard is on fire. Pages: 1 2 3

Started by powerman
Views: 5041 Posts: 68

2012-07-04 10:11 PM powerman

WWCOJD - Kids Driving Through Grass in Neighborhood

Started by LowcountryTRI
Views: 1242 Posts: 24

2010-03-03 8:15 PM hrliles

217 yards, 4 TDs, 100+ yards in 8 games

Started by Spokes
Views: 581 Posts: 1

2008-10-19 12:46 AM Spokes

Kids back in school!

Started by Renee
Views: 1167 Posts: 21

2008-08-27 7:57 AM MomX3

New (Old) Kids (Adults) on the Block.....back??

Started by tupuppy
Views: 891 Posts: 6

2008-01-28 1:21 PM 1stTimeTri
RELATED ARTICLES
date : December 14, 2011
author : AMSSM
comments : 2
What is the recommended way to recover from a cycling-related lower back injury?

date : May 18, 2009
author : Tri Swim Coach
comments : 0
I've just got back in the pool from a 2 week break and my triceps are killing me the whole time I am swimming. Wondering if someone has any ideas or tips to correct?
date : May 5, 2008
author : TriPainter
comments : 1
I went into the pool area (as this was a pool swim) and got body marked. That's when it hit me that I was there to race - this was not a clinic.