Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2014-06-11 11:26 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Richland, Washington
Subject: RE: To pee...or not to pee?
Originally posted by Left Brain

When I show up at a race I like to pee on other people's bikes......it lets them know I'm serious.

^ This.. it's like marking my territory

2014-06-12 11:05 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Hey - Newbie here -thanks for the pee on bike discussion. I didnt even know it was a thing. I guess things happen when you get above 28 miles. I particularly liked the last link posted here. Funny. And it takes it to a whole other level.

Ill have to keep an eye out for the pee in the lake tips later. Im mainly a runner and have never thought of running through pee.

One question though. Has anyone gotten "spray" while drafting? But I guess this is why drafting on the bike is against the rules?

Edited by BF JEFF 2014-06-12 11:07 AM
2014-06-13 5:40 AM
in reply to: BF JEFF

User image

Expert
Originally posted by BF JEFF

Hey - Newbie here -thanks for the pee on bike discussion. I didnt even know it was a thing. I guess things happen when you get above 28 miles. I particularly liked the last link posted here. Funny. And it takes it to a whole other level.

Ill have to keep an eye out for the pee in the lake tips later. Im mainly a runner and have never thought of running through pee.

One question though. Has anyone gotten "spray" while drafting? But I guess this is why drafting on the bike is against the rules?

Pee in the lake is not a discussion. If the fish can do it, so can I.
It is central heat for the swim.
2014-06-13 9:47 AM
in reply to: leftrunner

User image

Extreme Veteran
Iceland

I have never peed on the bike in a competition but I have TRIED! It just did not work.....

Raced in the heat in the desert in March (Abu Dhabi) and had to pee so so badly but I ended up having to stop and pee because it just simply did not work.....

So you might end up planning to do it but not being able to so you might as well just stop at a portapotty and pee.....
2014-06-13 10:38 AM
in reply to: JohnnyKay

User image

Regular
Euless, Texas
Originally posted by JohnnyKay

I have no problem with those who pee on the bike.  Or with doing so myself at times.  You are excreting bodily fluids through the entirety of the race.  You already look and smell disgusting.  No one will be able to tell the difference, regardless of whether you rinse yourself off or not.  You will not be clean with a few squirts from your water bottle, but go ahead if it makes you feel better.

Of course, I draw the line at some point:  http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=150441&page=1#

I remember reading that post several years ago. Had me in tears the first time and in tears again the second time. Classic...
2014-06-13 11:54 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Not a Coach
Media, PA

Originally posted by BF JEFFHey - Newbie here -thanks for the pee on bike discussion. I didnt even know it was a thing. I guess things happen when you get above 28 miles. I particularly liked the last link posted here. Funny. And it takes it to a whole other level. Ill have to keep an eye out for the pee in the lake tips later. Im mainly a runner and have never thought of running through pee. One question though. Has anyone gotten "spray" while drafting? But I guess this is why drafting on the bike is against the rules?

http://beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=16665&page=1

Edited by JohnnyKay 2014-06-13 11:55 AM

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » To pee...or not to pee? Rss Feed  

of 2

RELATED POSTS

To pee or not to pee ..... that is my question?

Started by DV 1
Views: 2226 Posts: 16

2011-05-31 8:41 PM bhc

To pee or not to Pee Pages: 1 ... 2 3 4 5

Started by piperfl
Views: 10926 Posts: 112

2010-04-26 6:50 AM There is no Tri

Do you pee in your wetsuit?

Started by double_a121
Views: 822 Posts: 4

2005-03-24 1:35 PM tim_edwards

Do you pee in the pool? Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6

Started by TH3_FRB
Views: 12092 Posts: 128

2006-11-21 10:36 AM DRM

To Pee OR not to Pee...

Started by Traveski
Views: 1644 Posts: 20

2004-12-23 11:54 AM Micawber
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 19, 2013
author : AMSSM
comments : 4
The doctor says not to run again. Ever. Needless to say, I’m not taking this very well. Can I recover from this? Where should I go from here?

date : June 7, 2011
author : Kyle Pawlaczyk
comments : 3
Clearing my head after failing to finish
date : February 23, 2009
author : mrakes1
comments : 0
I usually have at least one workout per day, sometimes two or three, but I spend about all in-between time eating. I am not gaining weight, but I am not losing weight either. Should I be concerned?

date : May 7, 2008
author : katzchen55
comments : 3
My thanks to the triathlete community for being there when I need you. That’s the beautiful thing about triathletes. None of us are all right, and no one expects anyone else to be.
date : May 6, 2008
author : Tri Swim Coach
comments : 0
Discussions on increasing your swim pace, free golf, bilateral breathing, paddle or fin usage, to kick or not to kick, dizziness, ocean swims and sighting.

date : September 3, 2005
author : joeinco
comments : 6
As a triathlete, there is one acronym that you just can’t fathom ever having next to your name in a race report – DNF: DID NOT FINISH.