General Discussion Triathlon Talk » What happened to the Beaver Lake Tri? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-06-10 9:35 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Issaquah
Subject: What happened to the Beaver Lake Tri?
Anyone know why they cancelled Beaver Lake? From their website it looks like they are basically done w/ this race permanently? The course is basically my backyard, so a bit bummed that it's gone.

2014-06-10 11:22 PM
in reply to: cnsegura

User image

Subject: RE: What happened to the Beaver Lake Tri?
Not sure why but it does look like they are done. Bummer!!
2014-06-12 12:02 AM
in reply to: johnson

User image

Master
Pacific Northwest

Sounds like they need $$

"The BLT celebrated 20 years in 2013. The Beaver Lake Community is sad to announce that we will not be having the Beaver Lake Triathlon this year. We need a team to take on this event. If you know anyone interested in heading up this event, please contact Debbie Dodd at [email protected]." 

I wish that I had the motivation (and time) to RD this race, it is such a great one that I have done many times.  I love Beaver Lake in general and swim there all the time.  Some friends and I have discussed starting a half iron there...later in the season.....but we are all so busy that it is tough to get the pieces to fall into place.  It is always sad when races go away...so many of my faves are gone.  

2014-06-12 8:49 PM
in reply to: Medusa_Ann

User image

Extreme Veteran
Issaquah
Originally posted by Medusa_Ann

Sounds like they need $$

"The BLT celebrated 20 years in 2013. The Beaver Lake Community is sad to announce that we will not be having the Beaver Lake Triathlon this year. We need a team to take on this event. If you know anyone interested in heading up this event, please contact Debbie Dodd at [email protected]." 

I wish that I had the motivation (and time) to RD this race, it is such a great one that I have done many times.  I love Beaver Lake in general and swim there all the time.  Some friends and I have discussed starting a half iron there...later in the season.....but we are all so busy that it is tough to get the pieces to fall into place.  It is always sad when races go away...so many of my faves are gone.  

I've often thought how "easy" it would be to stage a HIM from Beaver or Pine Lk. Both lakes easily accommodate 1.2mi swims, the bike route can be routed down to Lk Samm or the valley - the only, not so nice, part would be the run....
2014-06-13 2:40 PM
in reply to: cnsegura

User image

Master
Pacific Northwest

Originally posted by cnsegura

Sounds like they need $$

I've often thought how "easy" it would be to stage a HIM from Beaver or Pine Lk. Both lakes easily accommodate 1.2mi swims, the bike route can be routed down to Lk Samm or the valley - the only, not so nice, part would be the run....

Yeah...a tad bit hilly!    We think 3 laps around BL would work.

2014-06-20 5:55 PM

User image

A half iron at Beaver would be outstanding!

2014-07-02 7:41 PM
in reply to: johnson

User image

Master
Pacific Northwest

Here's an article in the local paper about the status of the tri.  I am really pushing some RD friends to pick it up.  I think it could be lucrative, it has a very regular following......so....if anybody wants to put it on in 2015....as far as the Half Iron distance...I am seriously contemplating RD-ing it, but not this year.  It would be a blast!

http://sammamishreview.com/2014/06/25/beaver-lake-triathlon-not-running-this-year-maybe-not-again

2014-07-02 11:47 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Issaquah

Here's an article in the local paper about the status of the tri.  I am really pushing some RD friends to pick it up.  I think it could be lucrative, it has a very regular following......so....if anybody wants to put it on in 2015....as far as the Half Iron distance...I am seriously contemplating RD-ing it, but not this year.  It would be a blast!

http://sammamishreview.com/2014/06/25/beaver-lake-triathlon-not-running-this-year-maybe-not-again

Were do I register?!

If you (or someone else) ever does set up a HIM in Beaver I am so there. One suggestion though, rather than 3 laps around BL, you could route to Soaring Eagle using the cut through to Trossachs, or the trail heads on the N. end of BL. I don't think it would take much to get a 13.1mi out and back or incorporate a loop around BL, all on packed trails or fairly low traffic streets.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » What happened to the Beaver Lake Tri? Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Beaver Lake - Has anyone done it?

Started by gironamo
Views: 1878 Posts: 10

2013-07-26 3:17 PM lifejustice

Beaver Lake Triathlon 8/21

Started by Medusa_Ann
Views: 1319 Posts: 3

2010-08-23 10:50 AM popsracer

beaver lake tri

Started by threeladsdad
Views: 2196 Posts: 15

2009-08-11 2:35 PM Medusa_Ann

Beaver Lake Triathlon

Started by Medusa_Ann
Views: 729 Posts: 1

2008-08-07 9:48 AM Medusa_Ann

Beaver Lake

Started by swbkrun
Views: 1242 Posts: 6

2008-07-08 5:52 PM swbkrun
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 4, 2010
author : alex jb
comments : 0
The triathlon made a lot of sense as I could fit the training around early mornings and other times that wouldn't eat too much into my family time. Things never go completely to plan do they?

date : February 5, 2010
author : CavalloHJ
comments : 5
I found a sprint, the Lake Las Vegas Triathlon, that was happening four months down the road and signed myself up; much to the surprise of friends and family.
date : July 12, 2009
author : FitWerx
comments : 2
I have Bontrager Race Lite wheels. I was looking into renting Zipp 303's or 404's for race day for Ironman Lake Placid. What time will I save?

date : September 24, 2008
author : Amy Kuitse
I am running Boston in April and Ironman Lake Placid is in July. I have been told that it is ambitious to think about doing an IM so close to a marathon due to the recovery time. Any suggestions?
date : August 10, 2007
author : Terese Luikens
The first time I ventured into the deep murky green lake and could not see the bottom my muscles tensed and my imagined fears surfaced. What exactly lies beneath?

date : January 7, 2007
author : Writebrained
Both the Lake Triathlon Shoe CX210TRI and the Lake Road Shoe CX225 offer distinct advantages. I tested both shoes and found them to be extremely comfortable, good looking and durable.
date : December 31, 2006
author : TriSquirrel
A description of my experiences during my first triathlon. It was a great experience. I’m in better shape than I’ve ever been.

date : July 30, 2006
author : mhan22
If you are calm while everyone around you is losing it, you probably don’t know what the hell is going on.