General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Wetsuit over watch Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-06-11 4:50 AM

Subject: Wetsuit over watch
Hi all, completed my first open water aquathon yesterday and all went well except for transition!!! My wetsuit sleeve got really hooked up over my garmin 910.. Any hints to make life easier exit next time round.. Scared to tear the suit but also obviously want to improve times in the transition.
Many thanks
Pete

2014-06-11 5:11 AM
in reply to: Pjayhannon

User image

Extreme Veteran
Subject: RE: Wetsuit over watch
You can fold the last inch or two of the wetsuit and have the watch snug up against it.
When you get out of the water, press reset to switch to T1, then while your hand is down there, just unfold the wetsuit over the watch. This takes a second.
Then proceed to remove the wetsuit as you are running to your bike.
2014-06-11 6:09 AM

, Wisconsin
I just did my first one Sunday as well. What I did, was put my Polar FT7 on the outside of my wetsuit for the swim. As I was running up out of the water I just took it off and held it in my teeth while peeling that arm off. Put it back on my wrist while still running into T1.
2014-06-11 7:55 AM
in reply to: MikeD1

User image

Expert
Oklahoma
Originally posted by MikeD1

I just did my first one Sunday as well. What I did, was put my Polar FT7 on the outside of my wetsuit for the swim. As I was running up out of the water I just took it off and held it in my teeth while peeling that arm off. Put it back on my wrist while still running into T1.

When I use to wear my 910 during the swim leg of race ^^^this^^^is what I did. Although anymore I don't wear it during the swim leg. I just have my 910 on my bike ready to go for the rest of the race.
2014-06-11 8:42 AM
in reply to: marcag

User image

Master
Originally posted by marcag

You can fold the last inch or two of the wetsuit and have the watch snug up against it.
When you get out of the water, press reset to switch to T1, then while your hand is down there, just unfold the wetsuit over the watch. This takes a second.
Then proceed to remove the wetsuit as you are running to your bike.

I've done the similar, but out of concern for losing watch during the swim I have kept the wetsuit sleeve over the watch during the swim. I hit start, fold/pull the sleeve over the watch and swim. Come out of water, hit lap, and start pulling wetsuit off.
2014-06-11 2:20 PM

User image

Expert
, North Carolina

I always pull my wetsuit off inside out.  I unzip with right hand while taking off my cap and goggles with left hand and hold them both.  Pull the top down and get my right arm out first leaving the sleeve inside out.  The pull the left sleeve down over my hand with the cap and goggles letting go of those inside the sleeve for safe keeping.  When I get to my watch I just slide a finger under the edge to lift it over the watch.  The cap and goggles stay safely inside the sleeve so you don't loose them in transition.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Wetsuit over watch Rss Feed