2014-06-25 7:11 AM
in reply to: tuwood

User image

Champion
SRQ, FL
Subject: RE: More missing IRS emails

Originally posted by tuwood

Originally posted by TriRSquared

So now we find out there ARE backups of the emails.  And they fired the backup company right after the first HD "crash" (liberal use of quotes).

http://freedomoutpost.com/2014/06/bombshell-irs-fired-back-company-sonasoft-shortly-lois-lerners-computer-crashed/

I wonder if Sonasoft kept copies or not?  I hope Congress is firing off a subpoena as we speak.

And where is the President on this?  Why no pressure to get o the bottom of a obviously a)corrupt or b)inept organization?

Interesting development for sure.

From an outsourcing standpoint, when we have a customer who no longer retains our backup services we will destroy their backup data and often have to provide a certificate of destruction so they have proof that we no longer have any of their "potentially sensitive" customer data.

We would never retain backup data for a customer who is no longer paying for our services, simply because it takes up a lot of space and costs me money to keep it.    The backup outsourcer is also under no obligation to retain anything because that falls upon the company/entity itself.

Typically the way it works is the company simply transfers their old backups to their new provider because they still have the same legal retention requirement.  It really doesn't matter how or with whom they store they data, they just have to retain it.

Bingo... This is the major point.  I would not expect Sonasoft to retain the backups long term (well maybe for a short period of time in case the customer has a change of heart)

However it's the obligation of the IRS to retain these records.

I want to hear from Sonasoft on this..

2014-06-25 8:52 AM
in reply to: TriRSquared

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

So now we find out there ARE backups of the emails.  And they fired the backup company right after the first HD "crash" (liberal use of quotes).

http://freedomoutpost.com/2014/06/bombshell-irs-fired-back-company-sonasoft-shortly-lois-lerners-computer-crashed/

I wonder if Sonasoft kept copies or not?  I hope Congress is firing off a subpoena as we speak.

And where is the President on this?  Why no pressure to get o the bottom of a obviously a)corrupt or b)inept organization?

From an outsourcing standpoint, when we have a customer who no longer retains our backup services we will destroy their backup data and often have to provide a certificate of destruction so they have proof that we no longer have any of their "potentially sensitive" customer data.

We would never retain backup data for a customer who is no longer paying for our services, simply because it takes up a lot of space and costs me money to keep it.    The backup outsourcer is also under no obligation to retain anything because that falls upon the company/entity itself.

Typically the way it works is the company simply transfers their old backups to their new provider because they still have the same legal retention requirement.  It really doesn't matter how or with whom they store they data, they just have to retain it.

Bingo... This is the major point.  I would not expect Sonasoft to retain the backups long term (well maybe for a short period of time in case the customer has a change of heart)

I keep saying the congress needs to get the IT people in front of the panel.  They'll tell them exactly what happened.  
All these talking heads who have no idea how anything works just annoy me.  lol

2014-06-25 9:09 AM
in reply to: tuwood

User image

Elite
Boise

I keep saying the congress needs to get the IT people in front of the panel.  They'll tell them exactly what happened.  
All these talking heads who have no idea how anything works just annoy me.  lol

That's because congress is a circus full of clowns. They don't really care about any of these issues beyond helping them score politicial points for their next election. No one wants to hear from an IT guy. They want the highest ranking D/R they can find to score points.
New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » More missing IRS emails Rss Feed  

of 2

RELATED POSTS

Miss Kansas Pages: 1 2

Started by DanielG
Views: 4161 Posts: 48

2013-09-30 9:26 AM tuwood

'Create education better' to solve income inequality: Miss Utah Pages: 1 2

Started by TheCrownsOwn
Views: 3068 Posts: 27

2013-06-21 2:28 PM switch

IRS Scandal

Started by JoshR
Views: 922 Posts: 4

2013-06-04 8:13 AM DanielG

Miss Universe Canada Typo Awards Crown To Wrong Contestant

Started by DanielG
Views: 855 Posts: 1

2013-05-31 7:28 AM DanielG

IRS To Tea Party: Sorry We Targeted You And Your Tax Status Pages: 1 2 3 4

Started by DanielG
Views: 8168 Posts: 95

2013-07-19 12:03 PM tuwood
RELATED ARTICLES
date : April 15, 2010
author : EndurancePlanet
comments : 0
This month we talk with gsmacleod, aka Coach Shane MacLeod on his coaching philosophy, his approach to gadgets, training plans, missed workouts and strength training.

date : November 9, 2006
author : gsmacleod
comments : 3
Many times a missed workout leads to undue stress and frustration which can adversely affect athletic performance and day-to-day life. Here are some tips to deal with the inevitable missed workout.