General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Reversing Seat Post On Cyclocross Bike Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-06-23 9:41 AM

User image

Philadelphia
Subject: Reversing Seat Post On Cyclocross Bike
I am trying to figure out if I want to stay in triathlons longer term, and am using this season to make that decision. If I decide to get into it for the long haul, then I'm eventually going to go for a real triathlon bike. In the meantime, I'm using the only bike a have, which is a 2 year old cyclocross bike, with road tires.

I'm considering fitting this bike with aero bars, but will be too stretched out given the geometry of my bike. However, by reversing my seat post ( Micro-adjust Aluminum, 27.2 seatpost, shaped like an upside down L) I'd be less stretched out when in aero. I'm trying to figure out if doing so would lead to an unsafe situation (seatpost cracking, saddle sliding off, etc.). My LBS said I should be o.k. reversing the seatpost, but I've had a hard time finding this information in BT's forums.

Thanks for any information you all can provide!

2014-06-23 1:34 PM
in reply to: #5016163

User image

Pro
, New Hampshire
Subject: RE: Reversing Seat Post On Cyclocross Bike
It's safe, but maybe not advisable.. You'll change the balance of the bike
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Reversing Seat Post On Cyclocross Bike Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

reversing seat post

Started by Gloomba
Views: 756 Posts: 2

2014-01-25 10:32 AM audiojan

Seat Post Bike Rack for Carbon Seat Post

Started by Porfirio
Views: 2098 Posts: 5

2011-05-20 3:08 PM Porfirio

modified road bike (seat post, clip ons, etc)

Started by dbrawders
Views: 2159 Posts: 16

2010-01-15 2:16 PM ejshowers

Forward Seat post on a women road bike

Started by mwhitely
Views: 565 Posts: 3

2010-01-04 9:41 AM greyg8r

Fast forward seat post on a tri geometry bike

Started by jjg
Views: 838 Posts: 5

2009-08-22 3:54 PM jjg
RELATED ARTICLES
date : August 7, 2009
author : FitWerx
comments : 1
Would it be a simple and advisable to swap back and forth between the road seat post with no aero bars and the tri seat post with aero bars?

date : August 5, 2008
author : FitWerx
comments : 0
I have a Specialized Allez Elite road bike with aero bars. It has the stock seatpost. I am interested in changing the seat post to one that is more forward. What would I look for?
date : August 5, 2008
author : AMSSM
comments : 1
Is your bike seat uncomfortable? Are your parts going numb? This article discusses the important concepts of bicycle seat neuropathy, treatment and prevention.

date : December 5, 2007
author : Coach AJ
comments : 2
What makes a triathlon bike a triathlon bike? Learn about angles, seating, position, aerobars, and the importance of a proper bike fit.
date : June 22, 2006
author : Team BT
Seated Bicep Curl – Alternating Dumbell strength exercise instruction with picture and video.

date : June 22, 2006
Seated Biceps Curl - Dumbbell strength exercise instruction with picture and video.
date : June 21, 2006
Seated Crunch-Twist strength exercise instruction with picture and video.

date : June 21, 2006
Seated Row Machine-Overhand Grip strength exercise instruction with picture and video