General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Running tights vs compression tights Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-07-06 10:06 PM

Subject: Running tights vs compression tights
I'm running in the winter at the moment and during my early morning runs my legs and knees get cold and a bit stiff and sore.

I'm looking at getting either running tights or compression tights.

I've looked up google images of people running in winter and reviews of them etc but I can't seem to find a definitive answer on what ones to use? I've never run in the winter before as I've come from a swimming background.

2014-07-13 9:54 PM
in reply to: elliot.power

Subject: RE: Running tights vs compression tights
I like CW-X. I'm not sure how cold it gets where you are, but I live in the NY area and I've worn my CW-X tights for runs in December and February. I know that CW-X makes tights for colder weather, but I haven't had a reason to buy them yet, especially with the warmer than usual winters here.
2014-07-24 1:18 PM

User image

Iowa City, Iowa
I run in the winter with my Nike compression shield pants (still look like tights) and they are excellent for cold and windy temperatures. Your thighs will get cold so I sometimes wear a pear of running shorts over the tights to better protect that area but I've loved my compression pants for winter running. Looking forward to it!
2014-07-24 3:21 PM

User image

Pro

Probably doesn't matter.  Just something to keep your muscles and joints a little warmer will help.  as above, my favorite pair are my CW-X Stabilyx- which are a kind of compression.  But- I really just got them because they're good tights.  I also have just a regular pair of nike tights.  But yeah, when it gets cold- like below 0C- the tights go on.  

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Running tights vs compression tights Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

"short tights" VS "compression shorts"

Started by user.bt
Views: 4965 Posts: 4

2010-08-12 10:37 AM brucemorgan

Compression tights recommendations?

Started by Lyoshka
Views: 9036 Posts: 22

2010-03-15 1:03 PM TXNick

Leg Warmers vs Tights vs Bibs?

Started by Bigpikle
Views: 965 Posts: 7

2009-11-28 9:54 PM hondo77

2xu Compression Tights

Started by TracyV
Views: 2082 Posts: 21

2009-03-20 2:23 PM ky1123

Compression Shorts or Tights Recommendations?

Started by AMR310
Views: 718 Posts: 2

2008-07-30 1:23 PM chicago-tri-bird
RELATED ARTICLES
date : August 11, 2011
author : FitWerx
comments : 1
Dean from Fitwerx answers a BT member question about what kind of bike should be the "next bike."

date : October 14, 2010
comments : 0
A review of the Shimano 105 vesus SRAM Rival Time Trial component group differences.
date : September 9, 2010
author : AMSSM
comments : 1
What causes shin splints and what can I do to treat them and do compression socks work?

date : May 24, 2010
author : Tri Swim Coach
Discussion on preventing over-rotation, free golf, strength and core training, the importance of the kick and high turnover vs low turnover.
date : November 12, 2008
author : AMSSM
On the long bike rides of 80+ miles I get very strong pain in my toes. I slow down my pace and I might recover, but when I hit the next hill it is back. Could this be some kind of circulation issue?

date : November 11, 2008
author : Coach AJ
comments : 2
Does compression clothing really work? Coach AJ was able to try out a line of compression wear by Skins during the 2008 Annual Hawaii Ironman Triathlon.
date : October 8, 2008
comments : 2
What kind of time difference would one expect in changing from a road bike with aerobars to a tri bike with aerobars over a HIM distance if using the same wheelset?

date : May 1, 2006
author : KevinKonczak
Discussions on periodization, tubular vs clinchers, swimming cadence, 650's vs 700's, plan priority, RAAM after double IM and swim training before race day.