Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Who had the over/under on Manziel being the next Ryan Leaf? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 4

2014-08-20 2:29 PM
in reply to: powerman

User image

Master
Straight outta Compton
Subject: RE: Who had the over/under on Manziel being the next Ryan Leaf?
Originally posted by powerman

Originally posted by Its Only Money As a Browns fan I am rooting for him. I think he is really something to watch on the field, he's exciting something us Cleveland fans have been lacking for quite a while. This morning it has been announced that he will not start the opener. I could see him being thrown in after their bye in week 4 if they are 0 - 3 or 1 - 2. I hope that he proves a lot of people wrong and can right the ship here for us Browns fans, its been a long time coming. I also hope he excels so I can have a little confidence in those putting this team together. We haven't had that here in over 20 years either.

Really... you had excitement 20 years ago? 

Bernie Kosar. The drive.

2014-08-20 7:40 PM
in reply to: #5041450

User image

Elite
Come on, you knew in your heart that wasn't going to work out. It's the Browns. ??
2014-08-27 2:48 PM
in reply to: mcgilmartin

User image

Champion
Philly 'burbs

Originally posted by mcgilmartin

Originally posted by Its Only Money As a Browns fan I am rooting for him. I think he is really something to watch on the field, he's exciting something us Cleveland fans have been lacking for quite a while. This morning it has been announced that he will not start the opener. I could see him being thrown in after their bye in week 4 if they are 0 - 3 or 1 - 2. I hope that he proves a lot of people wrong and can right the ship here for us Browns fans, its been a long time coming. I also hope he excels so I can have a little confidence in those putting this team together. We haven't had that here in over 20 years either.

Bernie Kosar. The drive.

Ernest Byner. The fumble.

2014-08-27 7:37 PM
in reply to: mrbbrad

User image

Regular
Originally posted by mrbbrad

Bernie Kosar. The drive.

I would love the drive and/or the fumble at this point. I would even take the third meeting with the Broncos that wasn't really close in the AFC Championship game.
2014-08-27 9:53 PM
in reply to: Its Only Money

User image

Elite
Cleveland

Originally posted by Its Only Money

Bernie Kosar. The drive.

I would love the drive and/or the fumble at this point. I would even take the third meeting with the Broncos that wasn't really close in the AFC Championship game.

I'd embrace the Hell outta a 6-10 season these days.

2014-08-28 3:19 PM

User image

Expert
Austin, TX
Maybe JFF can resurrect the Kardiac Kids

2014-08-29 8:22 AM
in reply to: powerman

User image

Regular
Love him or hate him he is fun to watch on the football field. I went last night specifically to see him play. He didn't look great throwing the ball last night but he made some very nice runs. His best thrown ball was a nice strike right down the field to a wide open TE who let the ball play him and tried to catch it with his chest. I still think the NFL will really get to see him in the Browns 4th game, week 5 against the Titans.
2014-08-29 12:30 PM
in reply to: mrbbrad

User image

Expert
Oklahoma

Bernie Kosar. The drive.

Red right 88
2014-08-30 6:25 AM

User image

Elite

Love him or hate him he is fun to watch on the football field. I went last night specifically to see him play. He didn't look great throwing the ball last night but he made some very nice runs. His best thrown ball was a nice strike right down the field to a wide open TE who let the ball play him and tried to catch it with his chest. I still think the NFL will really get to see him in the Browns 4th game, week 5 against the Titans.

Week 5...if Hoyer is only average to bad.
Buuut, if Hoyer looks good, and the Browns are 1-2 or better, Johhny will have to wait.
Odds are though, Steelers-Saints-Ravens...the Brownies are probably 0-3 going into the bye, and that would mean Johnny Football starts his first game on the road in Tennessee in Week 5.

Something tells me Hoyer will do okay...his receivers aren't very good...Hoyer's #'s won't be great, but ya won't be able to pin it on him due to drops and receivers who can't create separation.
The storybook start for Johnny would be Week 6 against the Squeelers at home.

Should be interesting!
2014-09-03 5:14 PM
in reply to: ChineseDemocracy

User image

Elite
Cleveland

I'm hoping he sits and learns the game slowly and gets his first actual start next year.  I see no reason to be in a hurry with him.  I think that we saw pretty clearly in preseason that he isn't going to take us any farther than Hoyer with these receivers (especially not anything significantly different), so I see little reason to do anything other than feed him little chunks of time here and there.

2014-10-03 2:58 AM
in reply to: Jason N

Regular
West Texas
Did you watch him play the in 2012 and 2013? I don't know how you could and still say he's a joke.

2014-10-05 11:31 AM
in reply to: braciole

Master
, California

Originally posted by braciole Tebow's work ethic and attitude didn't make up for hus lack of talent. They made him someone you kind of felt sorry for, sort of, for about 5 minutes but did nothing to over come his lack of talent. He was awful. -- a Jets fan

Well, he probably could've had a decent career in the NFL... at another position.  He wasn't willing to go there.

2014-10-06 9:50 AM
in reply to: spudone

User image

Veteran
Berkley
We are still talking about Manziel seeing the football field.... not prison?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2014/09/09/ryan-leaf-sente...
2014-10-08 12:15 PM
in reply to: deboerkj

User image

Elite
Cleveland

Short of an injury to Hoyer, Johnny Football is officially on the sidelines for all of the 2014 season.

No question about it.

The real questions will begin in the offseason as Hoyer is due a new contract and we have Manziel sitting there.  Personally, I hope we extend Hoyer for 4-5 years and tell Manziel that he just needs to sit and learn until his rookie contract is almost up... THEN, we can look at trading him or Hoyer.

2015-02-02 10:42 AM
in reply to: #5041808

User image

Champion
Southern Chicago Suburbs, IL
2015-02-04 9:34 PM
in reply to: crowny2

User image

Elite
What an absolute moron.

2015-02-04 10:51 PM
in reply to: BellinghamSpence

User image

Champion
Bellingham, Washington
Originally posted by BellinghamSpence

Flipping the Bird is the Word! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPrtFxd9u9Y

Lot of talent , but not much of a brain.....

Ryan Leaf was a stud in size for a QB in the NFL 6-5 , 235, Johnny is only 6 foot and 210.. But he has good foot speed and elusivniss .(sic)... Leaf hung around for a couple of years, but Johnny is on an upward climb that is very steep....

Tim Couch was proto typical, but was surrounded with nothing..

I do like my Bird is the Word video. Have no idea why I put it in my original post...
2015-02-05 11:41 AM
in reply to: ChineseDemocracy

User image

Regular
Originally posted by ChineseDemocracy

What an absolute moron.

For getting help? If he is doing this on his own, which no one on this board can know one way or the other, it is the most mature thing he has done since the draft. Why shouldn't we celebrate sobriety for anyone that needs it.
2015-02-06 2:24 PM

User image

Elite
Spokane, WA

Originally posted by ChineseDemocracy What an absolute moron.
For getting help? If he is doing this on his own, which no one on this board can know one way or the other, it is the most mature thing he has done since the draft. Why shouldn't we celebrate sobriety for anyone that needs it.

x2! If anything, I'm rooting for him now. 

2015-02-06 2:52 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Elite

Originally posted by ChineseDemocracy

What an absolute moron.

Did you really think I was calling him a moron for going to rehab? I wasn't. I'm happy he's seeking help.
I was calling him a moron for the extremely poor choices he has made over and over and over again.
It's sad seeing talent being urinated away, don't ya think?
Moron, knucklehead, etc. is what he'll be in my eyes until he proves otherwise.

Edited by ChineseDemocracy 2015-02-06 3:01 PM
2015-02-06 4:10 PM
in reply to: zed707

User image

Champion

Originally posted by zed707

I'm reserving judgement for now.  If the root of all of his actions is an addiction problem, then he should come out on the backside of this with a different attitude and it will be reflected as such.  However, I'm not convinced all of his actions were due to an addiction problem.  I hope he can get over the addiction, whatever it may be, but my opinion is that he is just naturally a d'bag that makes poor choices, and there isn't a rehab clinic for that.  

2015-02-06 8:10 PM

User image

Pro

Originally posted by crowny2

I'm reserving judgement for now.  If the root of all of his actions is an addiction problem, then he should come out on the backside of this with a different attitude and it will be reflected as such.  However, I'm not convinced all of his actions were due to an addiction problem.  I hope he can get over the addiction, whatever it may be, but my opinion is that he is just naturally a d'bag that makes poor choices, and there isn't a rehab clinic for that.  

BWAAAAHAHAHAHAA!!!  I'm crying.

2015-02-09 9:56 AM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Champion

Originally posted by Left Brain

2015-11-30 8:38 AM

User image

Champion

Originally posted by Left Brain

It is the gift that keeps on giving.

http://deadspin.com/johnny-manziel-partied-with-expensive-champagne-during-1744242166

2015-12-01 4:11 PM

User image

Expert
Boise, Idaho

I heard it on the interweb that Donald Trump think he's a racist. 

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Who had the over/under on Manziel being the next Ryan Leaf? Rss Feed  

of 4

RELATED POSTS

I am over having long hair Pages: 1 2

Started by Chuckhead
Views: 5515 Posts: 35

2012-02-01 3:09 PM mgalanter

I am having

Started by jldicarlo
Views: 1523 Posts: 12

2011-10-06 7:29 PM jsmoon

Can Ryan Adams get a DUI while having sex with Brian Adams?

Started by run4yrlif
Views: 764 Posts: 9

2007-10-19 12:45 AM bootygirl

I am not having fun. Pages: 1 2

Started by Spokes
Views: 2599 Posts: 29

2007-09-18 11:49 PM AdventureBear

Basso leaves CSC, Bruyneel's gotta be salivatin'...

Started by Spokes
Views: 722 Posts: 4

2006-10-23 11:38 AM Mike 45
RELATED ARTICLES
date : February 1, 2011
author : Competitor.com
comments : 0
Interviews from the January 22, 2011 EnduranceLive Consumer Show and Gala by Competitor.com

date : June 22, 2010
author : Tri Swim Coach
comments : 1
Will you will finish your next triathlon swim strong, or will you run out of steam before you even start the majority of your race?
date : May 5, 2008
author : TriPainter
comments : 1
I went into the pool area (as this was a pool swim) and got body marked. That's when it hit me that I was there to race - this was not a clinic.

date : January 10, 2005
author : infosteward
'Open Water' is this triathlete’s nightmare because I have a fear of swimming in open water. Not because I can’t swim, but mostly because I can’t see what’s swimming with me in the water.
date : January 10, 2005
author : malvey
Incentives for making and keeping resolutions for your next year.