Other Resources My Cup of Joe » True Blood: Final Season (Spoliers) Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2014-08-25 1:46 PM
in reply to: jmk-brooklyn

User image

Pro
Bartlett, TN
Subject: RE: True Blood: Final Season (Spoliers)

Originally posted by jmk-brooklyn
Originally posted by powerman

Originally posted by jford2309

Well, it's finally over! Thoughts?

I liked the way Bill and Sookie ended.

I was OK with Jess and Hoyt

Hated the way the ended it with Eric and the cheesy infomercial bit.

Series finales are never what I expect, but at least this one was ok. Seems like a lot of HBO series are ending soon: True Blood, News Room, Boardwalk Empire are all ending this year!

Newsroom already... bummer. This was alright I suppose. I thought Eric was cheesy too. I didn't get it... I mean it was a infomercial... but still... he was always soo "cool". The making a fortune stuff I get. Sookie and Bill dragged on a bit.... what ever, it's over. I never think there is ever a good way to wrap up a series. Either yhey live happily ever after, or they don't... it doesn't matter, cause it's over, and there is nothing left to be "invested" in.

One of the best shows ever was Sopranos... and they was the single worst ending ever... just dumb. The whole final season... they had a whole year to do it, and that was all they came up with... left in a monumental whimper.

I stopped watched a couple of seasons ago, but tuned in to see the finale, just "because". With that in mind, I thought the ending was ok. I liked that Sookie finally knew what Bill felt for her and that Bill finally got the chance to walk his "daughter" down the aisle. I like that Eric and Pam "win" in the end, since I think they eventually because everyone's favorite characters. It was unexpected and clever for a show that, in my opinion, anyway, tended to take itself too seriously at times. I was surprised to see Sarah Newlin-- I missed that whole arc... I thought the happy ending was good, overall. I admit that I was expecting a bloodbath, since they've already killed off Tara and Alcide, so this was a bit of a surprise. I liked the scene with Andy and Bill, and the scene with Sookie and Bill in the graveyard was touching and pretty well-acted, considering. And powerman, please tell me that you had the same thought I had, which was, "Faerie or not, there's no way that a 100-lb woman wearing heels can stomp through a shovel handle on the first try."

Out of the whole show, that is what you found unbelievable???  LOL

2014-08-25 3:35 PM
in reply to: jford2309

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY

Originally posted by jmk-brooklyn
Originally posted by powerman

Well, it's finally over! Thoughts?

I liked the way Bill and Sookie ended.

I was OK with Jess and Hoyt

Hated the way the ended it with Eric and the cheesy infomercial bit.

Series finales are never what I expect, but at least this one was ok. Seems like a lot of HBO series are ending soon: True Blood, News Room, Boardwalk Empire are all ending this year!

Newsroom already... bummer. This was alright I suppose. I thought Eric was cheesy too. I didn't get it... I mean it was a infomercial... but still... he was always soo "cool". The making a fortune stuff I get. Sookie and Bill dragged on a bit.... what ever, it's over. I never think there is ever a good way to wrap up a series. Either yhey live happily ever after, or they don't... it doesn't matter, cause it's over, and there is nothing left to be "invested" in.

One of the best shows ever was Sopranos... and they was the single worst ending ever... just dumb. The whole final season... they had a whole year to do it, and that was all they came up with... left in a monumental whimper.

I stopped watched a couple of seasons ago, but tuned in to see the finale, just "because". With that in mind, I thought the ending was ok. I liked that Sookie finally knew what Bill felt for her and that Bill finally got the chance to walk his "daughter" down the aisle. I like that Eric and Pam "win" in the end, since I think they eventually because everyone's favorite characters. It was unexpected and clever for a show that, in my opinion, anyway, tended to take itself too seriously at times. I was surprised to see Sarah Newlin-- I missed that whole arc... I thought the happy ending was good, overall. I admit that I was expecting a bloodbath, since they've already killed off Tara and Alcide, so this was a bit of a surprise. I liked the scene with Andy and Bill, and the scene with Sookie and Bill in the graveyard was touching and pretty well-acted, considering. And powerman, please tell me that you had the same thought I had, which was, "Faerie or not, there's no way that a 100-lb woman wearing heels can stomp through a shovel handle on the first try."

Out of the whole show, that is what you found unbelievable???  LOL

Heh. Yeah, my rant, issue, whatever with TB has always been that I'll willingly accept that there are such things as vampires, werewolves, etc. because it's fantasy/fiction. But, if you're going to set a show in present-day Louisiana, you've got to make the universe you've created subject to the same physical laws that govern the actual universe we live in, and it has to be consistent. You can't say, "it takes X character 4 hours to get from point A to point B because that's how long it takes to drive from Shreveport to Baton Rouge" but then have a girl who's a buck-o-five soaking wet snap through a shovel handle like she's Bo Jackson. Of course, there are plenty of women who could do it, but Sookie Stackhouse isn't Ronda Rousey.
2014-08-25 5:28 PM
in reply to: #5022503

User image

Elite
The only thought I had was how far did they have to cut it for her to do that.
2014-08-27 12:28 PM
in reply to: powerman

User image

Champion
Dallas, TX

It was fine. I saw some "doesn't make sense" things and would annoy my boyfriend by pointing them out. I mean, Jason's oldest kid was NOT 4 years old.. more like 6 or 7 and 4 years had passed. 

Then they don't even show Sookie's husband. OOOOKKKKKKKK. 

I'm glad Eric and Pam came out "on top". 

Yep, that's about it. I can't say I'll miss it. 

2014-08-27 12:58 PM
in reply to: KSH

User image

Sensei
Sin City

Originally posted by KSH

It was fine. I saw some "doesn't make sense" things and would annoy my boyfriend by pointing them out. I mean, Jason's oldest kid was NOT 4 years old.. more like 6 or 7 and 4 years had passed. 

Then they don't even show Sookie's husband. OOOOKKKKKKKK. 

I'm glad Eric and Pam came out "on top". 

Yep, that's about it. I can't say I'll miss it. 

I watched it last night...

I'm cool with not showing the husband...  After all the people she HAD been with, how can they spring up some random guy in the last 30 seconds?  I thought it was a nifty trick to get people wondering and not showing his face.

Eric was cheesy, but maybe they figured do SO much different with characters this season, why not go from cool to fool.  Even though he did have the "nice guy" season...  I liked the head bob in the car with the Yakuza bodies in the back.

Curious, if Bill ended up giving himself the "true death" anyway (or helped Sookie), why not do it earlier?  Why bring her into it at all?  Or go out in the sun like Erik's maker?  That whole thing between him and her was typical for just about the entire show (save for season one) BORING AND DRAWN OUT.

Sarah got her epic payback.

As for final episodes, I'm ok with it.

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » True Blood: Final Season (Spoliers) Rss Feed  

of 2

RELATED POSTS

True Blood season 6 (spoilers) Pages: 1 2

Started by powerman
Views: 3525 Posts: 47

2013-10-30 5:06 PM Kido

TRUE BLOOD Season 4 Pages: 1 2 3 4

Started by BellinghamSpence
Views: 6043 Posts: 89

2011-09-14 3:55 PM Fatdoggy

True Blood Final Episode (spoiler)

Views: 1027 Posts: 14

2010-09-14 2:04 PM ChrisM

True Blood Season 3 starts tonight.

Views: 1743 Posts: 16

2010-06-17 11:51 AM Chaderbox

True Blood Season 2

Views: 544 Posts: 6

2009-06-18 8:59 AM Fatdoggy
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 18, 2013
author : eric_kenney
comments : 0
Looking at your past training to figure out the future season.

date : December 22, 2011
author : Mikael67
End of season thoughts and tips
date : December 15, 2008
author : FitWerx
My back wheel needs to be trued up. It has a slight side-to-side wobble, and I feel at times like I'm going to lose control when I ride. Is this something that I should only trust to my LBS to do?

date : February 7, 2008
author : AMSSM
The off season should be just that – a time to rest your body, to rehabilitate injury, and to plan ahead on how to improve performance and prevent injury in the season to come.
date : October 11, 2007
author : Ron
Training program for the minority triathlete wanting to put on some extra muscle mass to get buff for next years triathlon season.

date : September 3, 2006
author : acbadger
The off-season is the best time to fine tune your skills and prepare yourself for the next season. It is also time for you to gain some strength and get a little rest after a long season of training.
date : September 2, 2004
author : Michael
If you develop a strategy for the off-season, you can go into the next season stronger than you ended the past season.