Other Resources My Cup of Joe » True Blood: Final Season (Spoliers) Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2014-07-07 12:54 PM

User image

Elite
Subject: True Blood: Final Season (Spoliers)

I'm surprised nobody started a thread for this season. I did not know it was going to be the last one. I'm bummed about that. I still think it has legs. And I stil enjoy the show. But hey.... at least it goes out still being good instead of like the Sopranos. Now onto spoilers....

So it seems it is all falling apart. I keep thinking Tara isn't actually dead...they didn't show it. but everyone keeps saying she is. We'll see I guess. I think it is a misdirect.... you can't even keep her on the show for the last season? You kill her in the first one?

A couple of vampires take over Bill when him and Sookie were laying in wait? That was silly. 

I must say, I am so very happy Hoyt's Mom finally got it. Never could stand her...but that was what she was for. 

And heck... is Aside actually dead? We'll see next episode.

2014-07-07 1:22 PM
in reply to: powerman

User image

Pro
Bartlett, TN
Subject: RE: True Blood: Final Season (Spoliers)

Originally posted by powerman

I'm surprised nobody started a thread for this season. I did not know it was going to be the last one. I'm bummed about that. I still think it has legs. And I stil enjoy the show. But hey.... at least it goes out still being good instead of like the Sopranos. Now onto spoilers....

So it seems it is all falling apart. I keep thinking Tara isn't actually dead...they didn't show it. but everyone keeps saying she is. We'll see I guess. I think it is a misdirect.... you can't even keep her on the show for the last season? You kill her in the first one?

A couple of vampires take over Bill when him and Sookie were laying in wait? That was silly. 

I must say, I am so very happy Hoyt's Mom finally got it. Never could stand her...but that was what she was for. 

And heck... is Aside actually dead? We'll see next episode.

I agree with you on Tara, I am not convinced, although Pam did say that she felt Tara meet the final death??

I also keep expecting Hoyt to come back and save the day maybe?

Never really liked Alcede, so kinda glad he is gone.

I am also kind of glad this is the final season. If it wasn't, I am not positive I would be watching it like I am.

2014-07-07 1:41 PM
in reply to: jford2309

User image

Champion
Dallas, TX

I'm really glad it is the final season. 

I think the characters who are dying, are really dead. Since it is the final season... why not kill them off? Honestly, the only character I like on the show anymore is Eric. And only because I like to look at him. Ha! Everyone else has been annoying at one point or another. 

With regards to Bill watching over Sookie, and him getting attacked... uh yeah Bill, you did a great job protecting her. I'm not even sure how HE would protect her from a gang of insane vampires. 

2014-07-08 11:58 AM
in reply to: KSH

User image

Sensei
Sin City

Originally posted by KSH

I think the characters who are dying, are really dead. Since it is the final season... why not kill them off? Honestly, the only character I like on the show anymore is Eric. And only because I like to look at him. Ha! Everyone else has been annoying at one point or another. 

With regards to Bill watching over Sookie, and him getting attacked... uh yeah Bill, you did a great job protecting her. I'm not even sure how HE would protect her from a gang of insane vampires. 

They are dropping like flies!  I had hopes for Tara, but after Pam said she felt the true death, I knew it was done...

If they were really willing to go for it, I think it would be interesting if everyone got it.  Sookie, Jason, Bill, Erik, Sam, Lafayette, Jessica, !  WOW, that would ruffle some feathers!  For some reason, I wouldn't care.  We all know this is the end.  Just end them ALL in a shocker final season!

We could have a "who makes it/pick the ending" pool...

2014-07-08 1:20 PM
in reply to: Kido

User image

Elite

Originally posted by Kido

Originally posted by KSH

They are dropping like flies!  I had hopes for Tara, but after Pam said she felt the true death, I knew it was done...

If they were really willing to go for it, I think it would be interesting if everyone got it.  Sookie, Jason, Bill, Erik, Sam, Lafayette, Jessica, !  WOW, that would ruffle some feathers!  For some reason, I wouldn't care.  We all know this is the end.  Just end them ALL in a shocker final season!

We could have a "who makes it/pick the ending" pool...

I think that would be a shocker. It's over, what does it matter.

2014-07-08 1:33 PM

User image

Master
Oceanside, California
I think I saw an interview where the actress who played Tara said that she is really dead.

However, dead does not mean "gone".

Remember, her cousin can speak to the dead.

Alcide makes sense.
Buzzfeed has commentary on it.
He is the best thing to happen to Sookie.
So if you want the tension to go back to Bill and/or Eric.... he either dies, or she walks away from the best guy that she has been with.... it is HBO in the final season after all.

2014-07-08 2:01 PM
in reply to: eabeam

User image

Sensei
Sin City

Killing all but a few random stragglers in a giant Hep-V vs the World would be a better ending than the "fade to black" of the Supranos, IMO.

BTW, have I mentioned my crush on Deborah Ann Woll/Jessica Hamby today yet?  Great Googly Moogly 

2014-07-08 2:51 PM

User image

Pro
Bartlett, TN

Hoyt comes back to save the day!!!!!

2014-07-08 3:00 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Sensei
Sin City

Originally posted by jford2309

Hoyt comes back to save the day!!!!!

His mom is truly heartless...

Ba dump bump...

Edited by Kido 2014-07-08 3:01 PM
2014-07-14 1:41 PM

User image

Marshall Michigan
2014-07-14 4:51 PM
in reply to: Paper Boy

User image

Pro
Bartlett, TN

Originally posted by Paper Boy lol

See I told you!  Hoyt is coming back!!!

2014-07-16 5:26 PM

User image

Sensei
Sin City

I personally like what they are doing this season.  Giving everyone a cameo by letting them in for a scene or two.  Even dead, it's in a flashback.  I got a kick how they Fangtasia started plus how they got the lady (forgot her name) to be the daytime guardian/manager.

Side note.  I also get a kick out of Pam.  What a character so mean but so great.  Maybe my two least favorite characters?  Bill and Sookie.  Weird that I like just about every other side character more than those two.  I almost want to fast forward their scenes together.

Edited by Kido 2014-07-16 5:33 PM
2014-07-22 12:33 AM

User image

Elite

Pam does rock. Curious if they will find a cure. Now they have what's her name... maybe? 

And wait... you go from feeling slighted, to getting pizza in your GF's car all in the course of a party.... then dude that gives the pizza, makes it her fault.... and she get's pizza from other dude. What??? That whole thing was weird. I'm more curious how old vampire chick is going to kill them both... you know she's evil. 

... and on a side note... I'm curious where wooden bullets come from. I mean talk about a crappy projectile. No mass, soft, it burns. I'm trying to figure out how much powder you need to get wooden bullets through clothes to pop a vampire, but not disintegrate before it leaves the barrel.... 

... anyway, carry on.

... oh ya, P.S. We will be seeing Tara again.

Edited by powerman 2014-07-22 12:34 AM
2014-07-23 10:15 AM

User image

Pro
Tejas
Silver jacketed mahogany core glaser round?
2014-07-28 2:54 PM
in reply to: mdg2003

User image

Champion
Dallas, TX

What? Nothing?! Ha! 

What's to say? Hum. Thankfully this is the last season. I think we can all safely say that.  

The "rice burner" cars for the Japanese mob/gang... PLEASE... as if. What a stupid, over the top, stereotype. They'd be driving some slick Mercedes or something... or a BMW, not a tricked out Acura. Ha! 

I like that 'ol-what's-her-name is the anecdote for the vampire disease. Interesting twist. Obviously they had to give the main characters a way to live. There ya go. 

Otherwise... eh... 

2014-07-28 3:14 PM

User image

Pro
Bartlett, TN

Originally posted by KSH

What? Nothing?! Ha! 

What's to say? Hum. Thankfully this is the last season. I think we can all safely say that.  

The "rice burner" cars for the Japanese mob/gang... PLEASE... as if. What a stupid, over the top, stereotype. They'd be driving some slick Mercedes or something... or a BMW, not a tricked out Acura. Ha! 

I like that 'ol-what's-her-name is the anecdote for the vampire disease. Interesting twist. Obviously they had to give the main characters a way to live. There ya go. 

Otherwise... eh... 

I thought the exact same thing and was going to post about it, but you beat me to it. Who knew they would have Goggs's car in the scene!!!! I think those are the cars from the Fast and the Furious 17

2014-07-30 3:40 PM

User image

Sensei
Sin City

I don't remember that scene.  If you are going for your stereo types, at least get them right.

The fast and furious cars would be for the teen gangs, not the richest and most powerful white collar/business mob guys.

That would be like Michael Corleone or Tony Soprano getting around in a Fiat or on some motorcycle instead of a armored out Escalade/Suburban/Mercedes.

THESE guys drive those cars (not real Yakuza):

NOT these guys (REAL Yakuza):

2014-07-30 3:42 PM

User image

Sensei
Sin City

Nothing against lawyers, but I did like what Bill did - letter opener to the voice box!  Couldn't take any more of her yapping!

I think it could be a commentary on how there could be corruption and/or preference when it comes to people's health.  Funny how celebrities/rich jump to the front of the line of a organ donor list...

Edited by Kido 2014-07-30 3:43 PM
2014-07-30 4:11 PM

User image

Elite

Originally posted by KSH

What? Nothing?! Ha! 

Otherwise... eh... 

One of them was a tricked out M3... but ya, I thought the same thing.

The fact there is a cure does not surprise me. I expected that. We'll see how it turns out. And yes, really glad the lawyer got it.

2014-08-04 3:09 PM

User image

Champion
Dallas, TX

Originally posted by KSH

What? Nothing?! Ha! 

Otherwise... eh... 

One of them was a tricked out M3... but ya, I thought the same thing.

The fact there is a cure does not surprise me. I expected that. We'll see how it turns out. And yes, really glad the lawyer got it.

Really thought, since it IS the final season, they needed to kill just about everyone off. 

Otherwise, I'm so OVER Sookie and Bill. *puke* Really? They are back at it ... AGAIN? Give me a break. Although, they are married in real life and have kid(s). Ha! 

2014-08-04 3:28 PM

User image

Pro
Bartlett, TN

Way to go Hoyt!

2014-08-25 9:16 AM

User image

Pro
Bartlett, TN

Well, it's finally over! Thoughts?

I liked the way Bill and Sookie ended.

I was OK with Jess and Hoyt

Hated the way the ended it with Eric and the cheesy infomercial bit.

Series finales are never what I expect, but at least this one was ok. Seems like a lot of HBO series are ending soon: True Blood, News Room, Boardwalk Empire are all ending this year!

2014-08-25 10:53 AM

User image

Elite

Series finales are never what I expect, but at least this one was ok. Seems like a lot of HBO series are ending soon: True Blood, News Room, Boardwalk Empire are all ending this year!

Newsroom already... bummer. This was alright I suppose. I thought Eric was cheesy too. I didn't get it... I mean it was a infomercial... but still... he was always soo "cool". The making a fortune stuff I get. Sookie and Bill dragged on a bit.... what ever, it's over. I never think there is ever a good way to wrap up a series. Either yhey live happily ever after, or they don't... it doesn't matter, cause it's over, and there is nothing left to be "invested" in.

One of the best shows ever was Sopranos... and they was the single worst ending ever... just dumb. The whole final season... they had a whole year to do it, and that was all they came up with... left in a monumental whimper.

2014-08-25 12:17 PM

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY

Newsroom already... bummer. This was alright I suppose. I thought Eric was cheesy too. I didn't get it... I mean it was a infomercial... but still... he was always soo "cool". The making a fortune stuff I get. Sookie and Bill dragged on a bit.... what ever, it's over. I never think there is ever a good way to wrap up a series. Either yhey live happily ever after, or they don't... it doesn't matter, cause it's over, and there is nothing left to be "invested" in.

One of the best shows ever was Sopranos... and they was the single worst ending ever... just dumb. The whole final season... they had a whole year to do it, and that was all they came up with... left in a monumental whimper.

I stopped watched a couple of seasons ago, but tuned in to see the finale, just "because". With that in mind, I thought the ending was ok. I liked that Sookie finally knew what Bill felt for her and that Bill finally got the chance to walk his "daughter" down the aisle.

I like that Eric and Pam "win" in the end, since I think they eventually because everyone's favorite characters. It was unexpected and clever for a show that, in my opinion, anyway, tended to take itself too seriously at times. I was surprised to see Sarah Newlin-- I missed that whole arc...

I thought the happy ending was good, overall. I admit that I was expecting a bloodbath, since they've already killed off Tara and Alcide, so this was a bit of a surprise. I liked the scene with Andy and Bill, and the scene with Sookie and Bill in the graveyard was touching and pretty well-acted, considering.

And powerman, please tell me that you had the same thought I had, which was, "Faerie or not, there's no way that a 100-lb woman wearing heels can stomp through a shovel handle on the first try."
2014-08-25 1:41 PM
in reply to: jmk-brooklyn

User image

Veteran
Berkley
It was such a strange ending. The only real conclusion we had was Bill died and Eric and Pam made money. We can assume that others are doing well because they all had dinner 4+ years later together (or 3 years, I was confused by how much time passed). Who was that bearded man? Was it Dexter?

Dexter and True Blood both jumped the shark a few seasons before wrapping up, and both fell really flat on their finales.
New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » True Blood: Final Season (Spoliers) Rss Feed  

of 2

RELATED POSTS

True Blood season 6 (spoilers) Pages: 1 2

Started by powerman
Views: 3525 Posts: 47

2013-10-30 5:06 PM Kido

TRUE BLOOD Season 4 Pages: 1 2 3 4

Started by BellinghamSpence
Views: 6043 Posts: 89

2011-09-14 3:55 PM Fatdoggy

True Blood Final Episode (spoiler)

Views: 1027 Posts: 14

2010-09-14 2:04 PM ChrisM

True Blood Season 3 starts tonight.

Views: 1743 Posts: 16

2010-06-17 11:51 AM Chaderbox

True Blood Season 2

Views: 544 Posts: 6

2009-06-18 8:59 AM Fatdoggy
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 18, 2013
author : eric_kenney
comments : 0
Looking at your past training to figure out the future season.

date : December 22, 2011
author : Mikael67
End of season thoughts and tips
date : December 15, 2008
author : FitWerx
My back wheel needs to be trued up. It has a slight side-to-side wobble, and I feel at times like I'm going to lose control when I ride. Is this something that I should only trust to my LBS to do?

date : February 7, 2008
author : AMSSM
The off season should be just that – a time to rest your body, to rehabilitate injury, and to plan ahead on how to improve performance and prevent injury in the season to come.
date : October 11, 2007
author : Ron
Training program for the minority triathlete wanting to put on some extra muscle mass to get buff for next years triathlon season.

date : September 3, 2006
author : acbadger
The off-season is the best time to fine tune your skills and prepare yourself for the next season. It is also time for you to gain some strength and get a little rest after a long season of training.
date : September 2, 2004
author : Michael
If you develop a strategy for the off-season, you can go into the next season stronger than you ended the past season.