General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Kudos to Polar. Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-07-08 8:05 AM

Regular
Apple Valley, Minnesota
Subject: Kudos to Polar.
I just had maybe one of the most unexpected experiences with a company. I had to replace my HRM’s battery and when I tried to open the cover with a coin (nickel) the plastic in the groove started to shear off. I researched the issue, and found plenty negative responses to Polar’s customer service. I figured what the heck it can’t hurt and sent off an email. In the mean time I was able to open the HRM, It involved a giant metal serving spoon and screwdriver, I was able to tap it enough to pop the thing open. I swapped the battery and it closed just fine as the plastic only sheared off in one direction.

I totally expected either the brush off, blah blah blah we take your issue seriously crap, or to be blamed for not taking proper care of it. I would venture to guess I washed the strap after each use 90-95% of the time and wipe down the sensor about the same rate. But low and behold, the not only contacted me, they are sending me a cover free of charge, they were very quick in their response, and I was blown away going into the experience with the bar set low they did great by me.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Kudos to Polar. Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Kudos to Timex

Started by ChrisM
Views: 592 Posts: 1

2010-12-22 8:31 PM ChrisM

Kudos to 2XU Customer Service

Started by DanielG
Views: 561 Posts: 1

2008-09-06 4:00 PM DanielG

Kudos to Ergomo!

Started by max
Views: 516 Posts: 4

2007-07-01 9:45 AM MForger18

polar s150 & polar m32 reviews?

Started by JBrashear
Views: 532 Posts: 2

2007-05-16 10:47 PM jonathan22

Kudos to Used

Started by sty
Views: 588 Posts: 5

2006-10-02 4:03 PM jknapman
RELATED ARTICLES
date : December 11, 2012
author : NewClydesdale
comments : 0
The Polar RCX5 is a robust multi-sport watch with a sleek, comfortable profile. With the right accessories the RCX5 can provide you with heartrate, speed, cadence and GPS data.

date : June 18, 2008
author : Team BT
comments : 3
Easily transfer your workout data from your Garmin, Polar, Timex and more directly into your BT training log. Eliminate the manual entries. Save time!
date : December 27, 2004
author : dwilliams
comments : 0
What? This isn't a duathlon?

date : November 29, 2004
author : chrisandniki
comments : 1
So for the triathlete, where do you begin? Which model is best? Here are some features to consider before looking at specific models.